Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bringing an army to an up comming event and not sure how it will go. so this is the army in a nutshell

HQ:
Brother Capt With Psy hood
4 terminators (4NFW 3 SB 1 Psy cannon)

Fast Attack (none)

Elites (none)

Troops (

Inducted guard Platoon
2 x 10 man squad(plasma + las can)
command squad ( Las can)

Inducted guard Platoon
2 x 10 man squad(plasma + las can)
command squad ( rocket launcher)

10 x PAGK

10 x PAGK

Heavy:

Leman Russ Battle tank (Battle cannon HB, HB spons , extra armor

1500 points

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
399 Posts
Overall, I think that the list is pretty solid. I mix it up with IG as well so I'll give my opinion on some changes.

First of all, I would drop the hood from the Brother-Captain and get him a psycannon (even if you have to drop a plasma or 2 off your IG to get it). He's going to be doing 1 of 2 things: Footslogging it up the field, or hiding in cover and laying down some fire. Either way, you can utilize the psycannon's maximum range and use cover/shrouding to keep this unit out of range.

The Leman russ is a great tank and a good choice. With him being the only armor on the table, he is going to draw a lot of firepower and will eventually die. I'm not quite sure if he's right for this list, though I can't justify dropping him from the list either.

Hope this helps.

-Spaar

P.S. - Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the list went alright. 2 victories and one defeat with it. Loss was to a drop pod army that all came down on turn 2 ( 6 rolls) not much you can do about that.

I definitely need to work some more mobility into this list though. Objective grabbing was hard against the orks and DP guys. Back to the drawing board

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Back to the drawing board? And you went to a tourney and won 2 out of 3?
Dude, you did great! Drop pod armies are very hit or miss. And when they hit, it's devastating. It's kind of like getting hit with a bunch of Callidus assassins all at once. Sounds like you took a heavy hit is all.

Provided this army was fun to play, I'd give it more runs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well the list went alright. 2 victories and one defeat with it. Loss was to a drop pod army that all came down on turn 2 ( 6 rolls) not much you can do about that.

I definitely need to work some more mobility into this list though. Objective grabbing was hard against the orks and DP guys. Back to the drawing board

I know the feeling about going against Drop Pods

Thats why I invested in an =I= 2x HB, 1x PC, 2x Sages and a Mystic (or 2) so he (or a nearby unit) gets to shoot those damn drop pods when they fall in

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Number6, I was happy with the army's general performance and chalked up the DP army to bad luck, but I saw a trend of having a hard time grabbing objectives or table quarters. Perhaps just DS my termies would have been enough. The army was fun to play and that is the most important after all.

I was looking at the =I= with 2 mystics to then have my LRBT get some free pops at the DS troops.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
First Tourney - two wins, priceless. Seriously excellent!:)

I also mix guard in and might have a couple of tips on your list.

I too find that in Tourney situation you need mobility to grab objectives, etc. You tooled your IG squads perfectly, but perhaps use two Armoured Fist Squads with Lascannon, Plasma Vet Sgt. Give your Chimeras EA, Smoke and Stubbers. The squads don't have to start in the Chimera, but the keep them close by for fire support. If find the Chimeras are usually left alone while the Russ is alive.

That will save you some points for perhaps a squad of two Armagedon Sentinals or a Dread for more Lascannon goodness.

Cheers, DH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts