Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try and put together 1500 points of Ulthwe so that my Eldar have something to do other than sit and collect dust until the new codex comes out. I currently have a core of around 1100 points that I want to build up, I have some more models but I'm not certain that they go in or not (some I'm certain -don't- go in.)

First, the list. Then a few of the units I have to add.

HQ:

Seer Council
-Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--Witchblade
--Fortune
-Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--Witchblade
--Mind War
-Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--Witchblade
--Mind War
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Enhance
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Augment
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Augment
=259pts

Troops:

Black Guardian Defenders
-9x Black Guardian Defenders (including crew)
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=129pts

Black Guardian Defenders
-9x Black Guardian Defenders (including crew)
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=129pts

Fast Attack:

Vyper
-Starcannon
=65pts

Heavy Support:

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Shuriken Cannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=210pts

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Shuriken Cannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=210pts

Wraithlord
-Starcannon
=120pts

TOTAL=1122pts

I have a squad of storm guardians available, and I'll quite possibly use a 5 man, 2 flamer squad in one of the Falcons. For 46 points, they're probably going in simply because I can use all the cheap units that I can get.

I also have a Wave Serpent. The Wave Serpent doesn't really have any passengers in mind, but I'd really like to fit it into the list. I've thought of either a CC squad or a unit of Wraith Guard.

I have small Warp Spider and Swooping Hawk units as well. I like jump pack troops for counter charge... but neither one is really going to rock the close combat.

I also have some rangers, although I don't really know how well a static unit like that would fit in with my army. I'm thinking not well, unless I simply use it as a distraction from my main force. If I keep it cheap enough, I can consider them throw-aways.

What I need:

Passengers for the Falcons
Passengers for a Wave Serpent
A CC unit or two. (This is tough since I... really dislike how Scorpions and Banshees look.)

·
The Love Muffin
1,951 Posts
Definalty get more Black Guardians. You get a free BS4, so use it to its fullest.

I'd drop all the Witch Blades on your Seer Council and use them to snipe speacial weapons/power fists/characters. I use one almost the same as yours and its quite effective.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's what I'm looking at now. Beefed up the platform squads and added in a suicide flamer squad. There's a 10 man Warp Spider group in there, plus a 6 man Banshee squad in a Falcon. I'm still feeling like if I get into CC, I could be a very sad camper though. On the upside, I'd only need to spend about $50 (if that) to finish this list off from what I already own... which is a big advantage while we wait for a new codex.

HQ:

Seer Council
-Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Fortune
-2x Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Mind War
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Enhance
-2x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Augment
-3x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
=256pts

Elites:

Howling Banshees (in Falcon)
-6x Howling Banshee
=96pts

Warp Spiders
-9x Warp Spider
-1x Exarch
--Withdraw
=247pts

Troops:

Black Guardian Defenders
-11x Black Guardian Defenders (including crew)
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=145pts

Black Guardian Defenders
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=145pts

Storm Guardians (in Falcon)
-3x Guardian w/ SP & CCW
-2x Guardian w/ Flamer
=46pts

Fast Attack:

Vyper
-Starcannon
=65pts

Heavy Support:

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=190pts

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=190pts

Wraithlord
-Starcannon
=120pts

TOTAL=1500pts

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,191 Posts
Looks better, but seriously, those banshees are not gonna be able to do much. I suggest you change them for Fire Dragons and find the 6 points you need somewhere, maybe by downgrading the Warp Spider Exarch to a normal spider? Then you can afford an Embolden in the Seer Council as well.

Or just change them for Scorpions, since they can endure prolonged combat.

·
The Love Muffin
1,951 Posts
Viktor said:
Looks better, but seriously, those banshees are not gonna be able to do much. I suggest you change them for Fire Dragons and find the 6 points you need somewhere, maybe by downgrading the Warp Spider Exarch to a normal spider? Then you can afford an Embolden in the Seer Council as well.

Or just change them for Scorpions, since they can endure prolonged combat.

I agree with Viktor. With that little change you will have an effective list.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The embolden thing is one of the most over looked items in a seer council. It's impact is huge! for ten points you make your 200+pt seer council stay on the board, and where you want it.
The other comments sum it up pretty well.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,191 Posts
tarzen said:
The embolden thing is one of the most over looked items in a seer council. It's impact is huge! for ten points you make your 200+pt seer council stay on the board, and where you want it.
The other comments sum it up pretty well.
I totally agree, I remove my Enhance Warlock before the one with Embolden. :O

And I still remember that one time my Guardian Defenders chased away my friend's Seer Council. Unfortunately they got away.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, I tweaked my Seer Council a bit. I added Embolden and an extra use of Augment to them, and dropped the size down to 8 to keep the numbers even. I swapped the Banshees for Fire Dragons. I liked having the extra CC unit, but I dislike the Striking Scorpion models (I'm trying to convert some of my own eventually out of some Dark Reaper bodies that I have.) and it sounds like the 6-man Banshee squad won't cut it. I'll just have to rely on the Seer Council and Wraithlord when people make it to the bulk of my army.

As it stands I have 1388 points of my army locked in. No changes, refunds, etc. What remains to be decided is how to spend the remaining 112 points. As I see it (and in the interest of being cheap and using what I have) I have about a few options, largely depending on if I beef up the Seer Council, Warp Spiders, or add in a Vyper. I'll post the core and then go over what I can add to it. I'm leaning towards the options that give my Seer Council extra CC power since I'm going to need to rely on them for that. So what I'm really considering is either really beefing up the Seer Council (4 extra warlocks + witchblades on the Farseers) or just adding the witchblades and tossing in a Vyper for some extra fire power.

HQ:

Seer Council
-Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Fortune
-2x Farseer
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Mind War
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Enhance
-Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-3x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Augment
=274pts

Elites:

Fire Dragons
-6x Fire Dragon
=102pts

Warp Spiders
-8x Warp Spider
=176pts

Troops:

Black Guardian Defenders
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=145pts

Black Guardian Defenders
-1x Warlock
--Shuriken Pistol
--CCW
--Embolden
-Brightlance Platform
=145pts

Storm Guardians (in Falcon)
-3x Guardian w/ SP & CCW
-2x Guardian w/ Flamer
=46pts

Fast Attack:

Heavy Support:

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=190pts

Falcon
-Starcannon
-Spirit Stones
-Holo-Field
=190pts

Wraithlord
-Starcannon
=120pts

=1388

-----------------------------------------

OPTION 1: (Add a Vyper, spread a few extra points around.)

ADD:
Vyper
-Starcannon
=65pts

MODIFY:
Seer Council
-Either add Witchblades, or extra Warlocks. Any recommendations?

-OR-

ADD:
Warp Spiders
-2x Warp Spider
=44pts

--------------------------------------------

OPTION 2: (Strong Warp Spiders, extra points to Seer coucil)

ADD:
Warp Spiders
-1x Warp Spider
-1x Warp Spider Exarch w/ Withdraw
=71pts

MODIFY:
Seer Council
-Either add Witchblades, or extra Warlocks. Any recommendations?

OPTION 3: (Balance between Spiders and Council)

ADD:
Warp Spiders
-2x Warp Spider
=44pts

MODIFY:
Seer Council
-2x Warlock w/ CCW & SP
-3x Witchblade on Farseers
=71pts

OPTION 4: (Everything to Seer Council)

MODIFY:
Seer Council
-3x Witchblade on Farseers
-4x Warlock w/ CCW & SP
-15 extra points of wargear
=112pts

·
Registered
128 Posts
i would suggest add to the seers, if you want them to tye up in cc you might as well make them do some thing. the emboden on the gaurdians i dont like, give them conceal and beef them up andthey wont take enough casualties to run away. thats just the way i like it:sleep: . good list, will be able to take on most people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personaly i would go for option 2 and add two witch blades and another warlock as extra meat. the withdraw means that if that if the warp spiders get into close combat they can get out as warp spiders are better at ranged combat. Adding the witchblades gives it a bit more power especially if it is close combat (which i asume it is) and the warlock is just meat means another warlock to kill and an extra attack.

Mad_Man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.