Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Have a game with a seasoned Space Wolf player, he also has a Tyranid army which he has been playing for awhile. So I am not going to get him with any surprises. Here is my list, I have seen him use drop pods, Ven. Dread, Lander Speeders, and 10 termies, can't offer any more "recon than that", here is my list.

Hive Tyrant
TS, W, STX2, WF

Spinegaunts, 2 units of 10
Nice and plain, with bull's eye painted on them...

Genestealers
3x8 with EC

Genestealers
3x8 with EC

Genestealers
3x8 with EC

Warriors, one brood with 4 warriors,
IG-WS, IG-I, EC, Leaping, TS, RC, ST
43 per model x 4

Carnifexi x 2
BE, EC, ES, BS, VC

Zoan x 3
All with Warp Blast, 2 with Synapse

1501 points
54 Models

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here's my $0.02.

redone said:
Hive Tyrant
TS, W, STX2, WF
Standard build, no complaints.

redone said:
Spinegaunts, 2 units of 10
Nice and plain, with bull's eye painted on them...
Also standard.

redone said:
Genestealers
3x8 with EC

Genestealers
3x8 with EC

Genestealers
3x8 with EC
Necessary. Standard build.

redone said:
Warriors, one brood with 4 warriors,
IG-WS, IG-I, EC, Leaping, TS, RC, ST
43 per model x 4
I prefer wings over leaping, but that's personal preference. I would drop the ST on one Warrior and add a VC to hit speeders and light armor as they run toward CC.

redone said:
Carnifexi x 2
BE, EC, ES, BS, VC
I typically use only ES, BS, VC builds to save points. Most armor-penetrating weapons are AP2 or AP1 (besides missile launchers I believe) so increasing the save doesn't help much. You will save almost 90 points by dropping those biomorphs. If you don't think he can kill your carni in one turn Regeneration may be a cheaper alternative to have your carni last longer.

redone said:
Zoan x 3
All with Warp Blast, 2 with Synapse
I have not been impressed with Warp Blast on these guys. They only hit 50% (max) of the time and typically only hit between 1-2 models. I prefer another Gunfex personally. The only reason I use Zoanthropes is for synapse and psycic scream, neither you really need with this army. Plus, Gunfexes are great for hitting fast vehicles like skimmers.

Other Ideas
I would thin out the biomorphs as much as possible and squeeze in another unit of Genestealers. You may want to thin the Genestealer units to make them a tiny bit smaller so fewer are killed in each volley of fire. I prefer squads of 8 myself.

If you ditch the Zoanthropes you can take a Broodlord and a small retinue of stealers. You can never have too many Genestealers when playing against Marines.

His Units
Dreadnought
Either shoot the hell out of it with the gunfexes or take it out with Genestealers. Either way they're not too difficult.

Land Speeders
Blow them out of the sky with your Gunfexes. The BS can potentially drop the whole wing of them in one shot.

Terminators
Genestealers rending kills termies almost as well as normal marines. Just make sure to overpower them in the first turn or their counter attack will definitely hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts