Bows
3 Fanatics

SPECIAL

31 Black Orcs 438
FC
Shields

RARE

Giant

I have all kinds if models available to me, but I've been trying to incorporate wolf riders more(flanking). I realize the wolf riders are exactly an asset in this particular battle, but I'd like to see them on the field.

I know for a fact that he'll bring a Sorcerer, a block of Chaos Warriors, 3 Skullcrushers, and a Chariot. He usually brings Mark of Khorne(?) for frenzy, but has lately been bringing Mark of Tzeentch(?) for Immune to Psych(or something).

I've really only faced the WoC with my Dwarfs and I normally fare quite well.

Advice?

Should I bring some Doom Divers? Fewer goblins? Trolls?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Why is your Great shaman Savage? For the same cost you could probably have a regular Orc with a cheap Ward item, and you'd lose Frenzy, which is not good on a caster.

I would also recommend splitting Wolf Riders into two units. Now they are very soft and rather expensive. Two units of five with just a musician or spears will give you more than one bigger unit, you could block charges and pick fights. You really need to make good use of those Black Orcs, they're your only combat threat. Giant should be able to smash into something.

Be careful with that many Fanatics, you don't want them to crash into BO or Giant. I think 3-4 would be enough. They are certainly scary for a Chaos player.

Trolls are always good, and Doom Divers rock against Chaos Warriors. I would drop one NG Shaman, save points on (Savage) Orc Shaman, get rid of two or three Fanatics and buy a Doom Diver.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts

LORDS

Savage Orc Great Shaman

As Miko said, why take the Savage Orc over a regular Orc? Frenzy can be great if you go for the fencers blades and get Fists of Gork but on a naked Shaman the +1A isn't great. You also really don't want to be forced into charging. So, swap this guy for a normal LVL3 Shaman with a 4+ Ward.

HEROES

Black Orc Big Boss 117
BSB
Shield

This guy needs a Ward Save. He'll be high on your opponent hit list so make him durable.

Night Goblin Shaman 85
Level 2

Night Goblin Shaman 75
Dispel Scroll

You have an awfully large amount of points invested into Magic for a 1500pt Game. You don't need 6 levels of Magic at 1500pts. Ditch the LVL2 and use the points elsewhere.

CORE 415

9 Goblin Wolf Riders 139
FC
Spears
Shields

Why 9? 2 units of 5 are better. You also don't need the Champion or the Standard.

20 Night Goblins 135
Bows
3 Fanatics

22 Night Goblins 141
Bows
3 Fanatics

Getting Nets on these guys will be really handy. use them to support your Black Orcs in combat (making your Black Orcs T5 pretty much). Why no Standards or Musicians though?

SPECIAL

31 Black Orcs 438
FC
Shields

Good. These guys are basically your whole army though. If they die your army falls over.

RARE

Giant

Giants are fun to use but that's about it. There's better ways to spend the points.

You list is Ok, however, you have far too many points invested in characters and that is making your army far to small. You need a secondary threat in there as, at the moment, your whole army is basically one unit of Black Orcs. Get another unit in there that can deal damage. Ditch the Giant and a the LVL2 Gobbo Shaman to give you enough points for another Hammer unit. A unit of 8 Trolls or a unit of 30 Big'uns wouldn't be a bad choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts