Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like this army, it doesn't always win the game- but it's great fun to play with. This may sound daft, but the Dreadnaught is really there to try and blow up that pesky landspeeder in the first turn. Any other khorne players will know my pain...

HQ; Bob The Insufferably Crazy

Chaos Lord, Mark Of Khorne, Beserker Glaive, D.Resiliance, D.Strength, D.Essence, Feel No Pain, Terminator Armour, Furious Charge
= 195pts

Troops;

8 CSM, 8 MOK, 7 Khornate Chain Axes (KCA), Aspiring Champion Freebie, Talisman Burning Blood (TBB), Axe Of Khorne, Daemonic Strength (DS), Feel No Pain (FNP), Banner Of Rage, Melta Bombs, Furious Charge
= 238pts

8 CSM, 8 MOK, 7 KCA, Aspiring Champion Freebie, TBB, Powerfist, DS, FNP, Furious Charge
= 213pts

8 CSM, 8 MOK, 7 KCA, Aspiring Champion Freebie, TBB, Powerfist, DS, FNP, Furious Charge
= 213pts

= 213pts

Fast Attack;

5 Bikers, 5 MOK, 4 KCA, 2 Melta Guns, Aspiring Champion, Axe Of Khorne, Daemonic Strength, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Teleport Homer
= 277pts

Heavy Support;

Dreadnaught, Twin Linked Lascannons, Extra Armour, Parasitic Possession
= 150pts

I don't believe in vehicles for World Eaters except Dreadnaughts, and this army does not perform well against certain armies because realistically the WE themselves would not perform well against those armies heh.

For the record, I absolutely love charging my bikers up the flank, dropping the teleport homing device then the Big Cheese arrives.

I feel fluffwise, the Aspiring champions (in any chaos army, but particularly Khornate), should be utter badasses- not just against the opponents but capable of taking out an entire squad of crazed zerkers up for promotion. I justify by this, the juicy goodies in each squad :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
It seems like a good list, but I dont think you should spend so many points on the AC's. Buy more Bezerkers!:yes:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad plan, but dropping all the upgrades and keeping the AC down to basics and not giving them powerfists would not be a good idea- and only dropping say 10-20pts per squad wont get me another unit of 8.

Plus..Fluffwise...I just don't wanna do it :D Otherwise it's blood for the blood god and another "political uprising".

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Do all your Khorne Beserkers have Feel no Pain or only your Aspiring Champion? If so, where does it say they can take FoP? (sorry if this is a bad question but I want to know if this is a legal move or not)

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I say drop the Feel No Pain from them champs as they'll near never use it and get your dread Daemonic Possession for them points.

As the unit with the Banner of Rage are troops I don't think they can have that. I think them Banners are like Chosen only.

If the Dread is there as a pure Landspeeder hunter, why not equip him with the Autocannon and a missilelauncher (or get a pred)?

Other then that I think it's a nice list, but why no Bloodletters

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cos a Lascannon is useful in case landspeeders don't turn up. Banner of Blood can be taken by any Khorne unit. My Aspiring champions only have feel no pain, you can't give rank and file zerkers FNP.

I don't have the models for bloodletters or predators, I wouldn't take a Pred anyway, but Bloodletters (8 of course!) would be a nice addition to this army.

I like Feel No Pain, it's 5 points and (more or less) a 4+ invuln save?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
MrPink said:
I like Feel No Pain, it's 5 points and (more or less) a 4+ invuln save?
Yes, but as it can only be used by the Champ there is quite a good chance that
a) You don't get to use it since he has like 8 wounds
b) You use it when shot at, and fail which means you'll have to take the champ of the board eventhough chances are your opponent most likely wouldn't have him to take an individual save anyway, as many people forgets this rule.

I think you'll have more use of D.poss on your Dread, but it's your army and if you like the FNP you use it.

Edit: on the Banner issue, since it's a gift from the gods, you should take a closer look on your champ since he spends more points there then he is allowed.

Edit II: Oh, your bikers can't upgrade to meltas since they wear Powerarmour.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would suggest getting rid of the many upgrades on the acs, you can have some, but you are overdoing it a tad.

The bikes too are quite expensive, see if you can cut down on the upgrades for possibly another bike for durability.

Another Dreadnought would be good I believe. Push for 2 by making space, you can do it.

Basically, get rid of the furious charge + FNP + banner of rage on acs, essence from dp, and it should free up some space for more stuff.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
A couple of things.

Khornate Chainaxes bought for a unit are unit level upgrades, which means that if you buy the upgrade for a rank and file trooper, then the entire squad must also buy it. Just like Frag Grenades. This means that even though you're going to replace it with a Powerfist later, the Champion must also pay that one point to buy the Chainaxe as well. It's a very common mistake I see almost all Khorne players make.

The Bikers cannot have Meltaguns, since they're equipped with Power Armour.

Only units of Chosen may carry special banners, which includes the Banner of Rage. I know you think otherwise and if you choose to ignore this warning, that's fine. Just know that it is indeed illegal to put any special kind of Icon in a unit of non-Chosen.

Now, on to the Dread. I realize you have your reasons for only having Dreads in a list, so I won't touch on that. I also respect your reasons for having a Lascannon on him, so I won't touch on that either. My point is that you really should look into Daemonic Possession. You have a very expensive Lascannon on that Dread - it'd be a shame if that Dread kept being shaken every turn until he died so that he could never get a shot off. Daemonic Possession goes a very long ways to keeping your vehicles firing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right about the Khornate Chain axe, I'm still unconvinced either way for the Banner it doesn't say anything about it, it just lists it as wargear.

The bikes have meltaguns as allowed in the codex not the bikers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts