Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an Kan army that i think should be fun to play.

HQ
Big mek 95p
Shokk attack gun

Big mek 80p
Kustom force field
bosspole

Elite
10 Lootaz 150p

10 Burna boyz 150p

Troops
20 shoota boyz 140p
2 big shootas
nob

10 ork boyz 95p
nob with power klaw
Trukk 50p
armour plates
red paint job

10 ork boyz 95p
nob with power klaw
Trukk 50p
armour plates
red paint job

Deff dread 85p
2 big shootas

Deff dread 85p
2 big shootas

Heavy Support
3 Killa kans 150p
3 rokit launcha

3 Killa kans 150p
3 rokkit launcha

3 Killa kans 120p
3 big shoota
TOTAL: 1495p

The Big mek with the SAG joins the loota group and the Big mek with KFF joins the burna boyz. Burna boys will take cover behinde one group of kans and the kans will get advantage of KFF. Lootaz will stand back and fire some deadly shots at the enemy with the Big mek. and the kans will work as sheilds for the troops behinde plus the can fire some rokkits at the enemy.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
1. You should seek to put armored plates on the kans and dreadnaughts. you really want them always to be mobile instead of stopping dead. with that in mind grot riggers are really a good idea, or 15 pts a pop if I remember right you have a 50/50 shot of fixing an immobilization and always being mobile. not bad for the moving metal wall.

2. Me i'm not big on big shootas on kans. Granted you have a better BS, but with that you want to be taking advance of something like rokkits to tank hunt while you lumbering forward to hit the rank and file troops. this way your maximizing that potential of the kans before they get popped.

3. Get rid of the armored plates on the trukks. Remember their open topped? This means only a 1 or a 2 roll on a glance affects the trucks. honestly with armor 10 they really aren't going to be around that long. don't count on the shooting, just count on them moving on turn one, anything extra helped get the boys where you needed to be. Remember you technically have a 12+1+2 inch for a 15 inch move, then a 6 inch assault, total of 21 inches Not to shabby honestly. But not quite turn 1, almost though.

4. I like having 2 additional dread cc's on a ork dreadnaught for a base 5 attacks. Armor 12 is rough for non power fist opponents. vs necrons it spells death for warrior units as you can tie them up, vs tau, its like squishing bugs for any unit, guard, well you get the idea. Only thing to worry about is MEQ or other orks or Nids really especially at the point level.

·
Registered
12 Posts
"Remember you technically have a 12+1+2 inch for a 15 inch move"

This may sound noobish, but I just got my new Ork codex. Are there turbo boosters? I dont understand why there is a +2 inches to the movements, i believe the +1 is for red paint. I like the list too by the way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the extra 2 inches is the boys jumping out of the trukk. seeing as its open topped they can exit anywhere up to 2" away.
hence 2" closer to the blokes u wanna choppa;Y

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Ork trukks no longer have the turbo booster option that was in the last codex. Apparently someone from GW realized putting that on a trukk equaled a first turn charge and thought it was a bad idea. If they left that ork trukks would be ridiculously good, instead of just good and useful!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don’t know if you realised but one of your Big Meks is mis-pointed. As I can't breakdown the costs of individual wargear as per site policy I will just say the one with the KFF should cost 90 pts (10 pts more). Otherwise I like the list a lot and would do well against anyone except Tau and lascannon heavy guard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.