Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am lookin to design my 1500pt army for tau, this is my first time playing war 40k, so i am not sure what i should buy. So far, i have:
1 crisis suit
1 box of fire warriors
1 box of kroots
3 stealth suits
1 hammer head

Any thoughts about what i should do next ??

·
Registered
60 Posts
More crisis suits, they are one of the best Tau units.

I like to have 4, 1 as a HQ-Shas'O and a team of 3 elites, give them all Plasma guns/Missile pods/multi-trackers and give the team leader a hard-wired drone-controller and 2 shield drones. keep the Shas'O alone.

Use the independent character rule to keep your HQ from being targeted and just move around the board killing things :)

Also, you may want to get a team of broadsides (3), if you do, give 2 of them target locks and the 3rd a drone-controller with 1-2 shield drones.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You should spring for the tau battleforce box. It'll pretty much finish up the army you're looking for.

But ya, Crisis suits are amazing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the help.. But ..

Would it be worth it to buy a battle force ? i mean are the kroots worth it ? i don't really seem to be particularly fond of them but i may not be using them right.. what does everyone think ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use Farsight so no kroot for me, although they can make good meat-shields for broadsides.

If you didn't want the battle force I'd say get another box of FW, 3 Crisis suits, 3 broadsides, and maybe another 3 stealth suits to make a full squad if you find them usefull.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see what you're saying, and I've had the same thoughts, myself. I've never fielded only one crisis suit ever, though. So, buy as many as you can. They can play any role in your army (i've said this time after time on this site).

I'd field a little more anti-tank than one hammerhead. Broadsides pack quite a punch, and, like the hammerhead, are quite difficult to kill.

The kroot are definitly worth OWNING. They are not the greatest troop selection in every scenario against every army, but they definitly have their place in some battles. You'll be glad to have them when you can send them up through the forest and into an assault with all the attacks they get. They're also interesting pieces that are nice to paint.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe something like this is in another thread, but here it is"

A battleforce box costs $90, I think.

So you get:
12 Fire Warriors $30
3 Crisis Suits $45
5 Extra Gun Drones $10

Total $85

So for $5 you get:
12 kroot and some jungle trees

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with everything but one, with the broad sides give 1 a drone controller, 2 shield drones, and the others tardet locks, the reason is if you destroy a tank with you first broadside there is no point on waisting the other 2. So if you kill a tank with your first broadside you can wreak havoc on other targets with the other two broadsides. Reason i dont say to put the multi-trackers on, is if something even ends up getting close enough to you where you think they are in danger, the twinlinked missle pods is enough fire power i have found. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
to stop porthose from becoming en-flamed, I must point out that he MEANT to say smart missle system :rolleyes:

35 Posts
Take Devilfishes for all your fire warriors as with out them as soon as the H2H units get close to you your stuffed. Make sure you always have at least one carbine in your fire warrior units as well. more crisis and stealth suits would probably be good to. Ignore people who say gundrones are useless, ive seen two gun drones blow up a predator from behind in one turn and for tau there quite good in combat as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
More crisis and more stealth i usually always take a squad of 6. Then get broadsides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.