Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first post s please go easy on me :). I have been a DA player now for about 3 years and I have been playing a standard "shooty" army list with a few variations. So for a change of pace I wanted to design a army list around the Ravenwing box set put out by GW and here is what I came up with

HQ- chaplain w/jump pack………….. 120

Elite-Dreadnought w lascannon n powerfist- 145

Troops

10 tactical w/ power sword, missile launcher……… 200
10 tactical w/ powerfist, plasma pistol, flamer lascannon……………….. 230
10 tactical w/ plasma gun, missile launcher…190

Fast attack
10 man assault……….235
Ravenwing attack squadron w/ attack bike w/ heavy bolter or multi melta depending on the army I am facing, power weapon, land speeder w/heavy bolter and assault cannon………. 385

Pts 1505

I have yet to play with it, but I wanted to get some advice before I take it to the table top. The only thing that is unmovable is the Ravenwing, cause as I said this is more of an experiment to see if this many bikes can be successful in a 1500 pts game. I originally wanted DW however I don't see how I can fit them in effectively w/ the current pts cost. Any list advice or tactics would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
219 Posts
well your first tac squad is illegal as it can only have one heavy weapon

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes apart form the 2 heavy weps thing, you need special weapons in that bike squad – meltas are best. I would also drop the plasma pistol and go for a power weapon instead for the third. Also, ditch that flamer for a melta gun.

Best of luck
Cheers
Z

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Opps the lascannon was a typo. That should have gone on Tac. squad 2. Z I am assuming you meant Tac. 3???? As far as melta weapons are concerned thats a good idea Thanks.

What about dropping a tactical squad for taking the other 2 in drop pods. Is it super effective maybe not, could it be fun to play with and very "fluffy" i think so. Any ideas?

·
Registered
261 Posts
No. Drop pods are a seductive idea but you are giving away too many victory points not to mention losing valuable warm bodies.

And yes the power weapon for squad 3.

Cheers
Z

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmm good point I didn't really think of the VP's. Ill be play testing the list on Fri so ill post letting everyone know how it went

·
Registered
219 Posts
Power fist not power weapon the marines ar ehteir in close combat to suck up casualties for the seargant

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The game on Friday was astounding. Bikes crashed into the enemy lines, shooty death was rained upon my foes head, as a stood triumphant on the battlefield.

Ok that’s an out and out lie, I got taken out to the wood shed and whipped like an insolent 12 year old. Through a mix of terrible dice roles (every seen a wave serpent survive 8 las cannon shots and 4 krack rounds in one game with nothing more then a busted multi laser to show for it, I have) and complete stupidity (who puts a assault squad out in the open field right in front of dark reapers, This guy does!). I did learn something though, marines are very slow in this list. The question i pose is this, would it be better to drop a tac squad for 2 rhinos and spend the rest of the points somewhere else. What does everyone think.

P.S watching a Chaplin get bludgeoned to death by 5 guardians is really very funny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You need to deliver your troops quicker, like you're saying.

I made a DA list recently, and haven't tried it, but I came to this conclusion. If Warhammer 40k was just about obliterating people, you could probably get away with a list like this... but seeing as how obliterating people is only part of the game, I think you should make some adjustments to your list to see what could be removed, and find a way to deliver your units quicker. However you want to do this is up to you, same with what to remove to free up the points.

You might want to take a look at that game you played, and figure out what did good and what did bad, and from there you can probably figure out what to remove from your list.

Personally, I would remove a Tac squad since that's the only real option I see. You could also try adding some armor to your list to beef up your firepower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.