Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my army list I made based on models i have with a few additions. My main opponent atm is eldar, Ulthwe to be more precise. I love Immortals but also starting to appreciate destroyers for their increased range which is needed against fast eldar.

HQ (170 )
Lord + Resurection orb + Solar Pulse + Warscythe

Elites (392 )
7 Immortals 196
7 Immortals 196

Troop (360 )
10 Warriors 180
10 Warriors 180

Fast Attack (460 )
3 Destroyers 150
3 Destroyers 150
10 Scarabs + D fields 160

Heavy Support (110 )
2 Tomb Spyders 110

Total points: 1,492
Necrons: 41
Phase out: 10

I I I I I I I L I I I I I I I
S S S S S S S S S S
WWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWW
D D D T T D D D

Ok initial formation is Immortals up front with lord, then scarabs, then warriors, then destroyer/tomb Spyders. Each forming just one row.
Hoping to use scarabs to engage threatening models and do something about them. Immortalswith higher toughness acts as smokescreen for warriors. Destroyers flank and shoot at things =) Tomb spyders allow army to seperate into 2 if need be.Oh and one final point. Has anyone else found scarabs to own seer council? My opponent always gives them singing spears/witchblades. Just keep over 15" away so warlocks can't use nasty destructor spell.

Also what changes would I need to make to be effective against a nid player? Since they will most likely be other army I will face frequently.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Seems like you've been a member for a bit, but either way welcome to LO! And welcome to the Necron Tomb.

I'd like to lay out a quick reminder to check over The Rules. Also, remember to enjoy your stay!

Your list looks pretty good to me, the only thing you are short on is troops. The immobility and general "meh" feeling of warriors always leaves me wanting when i take two units in 5ed. Due to the prevalence of objective missions, I always advise taking three units of them. Dropping a few scarabs and immortals, (4 of each should do) to add in another 10 warrors should work fine.

You may find yourself a tad short on anti-vehicle shooting, though Destroyers are rather good for transport popping.

For against tyranids, I think this list would work well enough, the name of the game is massed mid-high strength shooting against them, which destroyers and Immortals are the masters of hands down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. I can see you're point about more warriors, I'll try running it and see how it goes.

So in terms of anti tank, what would be effective? I really can't see the point in taking 2 heavy destroyers, they would be too likely to get killed before they do anything. So that leaves me with a destroyer lord who joins scarabs and goes chasing vehicles. Would this be the best form of anti tank for this list?

I haven't faced many vehicles so I've been tending to ignore them for the most part.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This list is pretty good,

I'd run either Destroyers or Immortals both will just make you anti-tank weak which this list is.

I would suggest giving C'tan a try as they are worth looking into.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I faced a dark eldar player at a slightly smaller game (750pts) over the weekend. I ended up having to leave his only vehicle, a ravager, alone for the whole game since I had no real anti tank, my foot lord being too slow to be any use.

Now I’ll probably start to run a lord with destroyer body. I’m afraid that once the dark elder player has more vehicles (7-10 ) in 1.5k my weakness against anti tank will really start to show. My destroyers would be the only unit that could penetrate his AV11 vehicles at range.

Guess my question then is it worth just forgetting about the destroyers and putting in 4 heavy destroyers and changing lord to have destroyer body?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts