Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i fought high elves with a list like this and got a draw so i changed some things, tell me what yall think.

1 Thane w/ MRo Gromril, GW, and oathstone
1 Thane w/ BSB, MRo Stromni Redbeard
20 Ranger Warriors w/ Shields, SB, throwing axes
20 Longbeards w/ shields, SB, Ancestor rune, and Ro determination
19 Ironbreakers w/ SB, Ro battle, and Ro Stoicism
1 Grudge Thrower w/ Ro Accuracy, and Ro Reloading
1 Bolt Thrower w/ Eng. MRo Skewering, Ro Penetration
1 Flame Cannon

Total: 70 models, 1,499 pts.

i deployed in a corner, with my warmachines shooting in between my units, i had my BSB behind my line, so he was protected. the HE general sent a unit of phoenix guard and swordmasters against my ironbreakers,becuase of how i deployedhe couldnt get my flanksso he never beat me in combat, i was amazed. i had too big of a gap inbetween my units and he was able to charge one of my warmachines with a chariot and from there he took out 3 of my 4 warmachines. i had too many, so i dropped a bolt thrower and used the points to strengthen my units with upgrades. hopefully i will ba able to win next time.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
About your list:

You dened way too much on warmachines to do your shooting. They are easy pickings for great eagles or fast cavalry units.

Missile infantry will do as much damage as a flame cannon or stone thrower, but will get you nice little flanking units or bait units to take on light threats.

A cannon is all a proper Dwarf general need, it will instantly pop chariots, and rip great chunks out of large targets.

you spend alot of points on runic standards, try to thin it down a little and invest in a unit of warriors.

Trade those rangers for a a of warriors.

Make sure you get a hill in each zone, this will allow you to set up a strong defensive block supported by missile units on top, and the cannon of course.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just realized that i couldnt have made those warriors rangers beucase they need GW's lol. ill have to work on this list alot. thanks, this advice should help me alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts