7 Gray Knights Phycannon/incinerator 275

Justicar Master Crafted NFW
7 Gray Knights Phycannon/incinerator 275

GK Dreadnought Lascannon/Missile Luncher 140

Gk Dreadnought Heavy Bolter/Phycannon Bolts 120

If anyone has any tips 2 improve my army just let us know

·
418 Posts
i know nothing about greyknights 'cept that they have ws 5 and are goddamn cool models, hey man! i love it! (dont' gk termies cost 50 bucks for 5? that's an expensive army you got there man!) also expect to be outnumbered alot in battles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv only played about 8 games with them but iv won 6 of them. The hardest battle that iv come across was against a guard army (bloody heavey wepons and ordinance wepons get right on my nerves!

·
Registered
62 Posts
stormtroopers!! Two HQs in 1500pt not a good idea for any army. Two termie squads!!! u gonna get munched by plasma weapons from any army. Get an assassin suited against ur opponent, grey knights arent just pure grey knights u gotta add in other stuff or else u gonna get seriously outnumbered, even by marines.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Librarium Online -> Warhammer 40k -> Army Lists -> 1500pt Gray Knight Army List

I dont mean to make trouble, but i didnt know there was an army called grayknights.

If u mean Grey knights they are the coolest eva

·
Registered
189 Posts
"Gray" is a perfectly acceptable spelling. Why would anyone take grammar lessons from someone who says "eva"?

I don't see the point in taking a Dreadnought with a heavy bolter in an army that can take psycannons.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I believe Haemogods point was that they are named 'Grey Knights' rather than 'Gray Knights'. How is it acceptable to spell the name of an army incorrectly? For example, many first names have different spelling [Sarah / Sara]. Is it acceptable to use the incorrect form of a name when it has been clearly given... I dont think so.

I suppose it is also acceptable to spell 'Psycannon' as 'Phycannon' as well. =/

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is getting way far from topic. Doesnt matter how he spelt it, since we are in the Daemonhunter Army board, I assume noone with a brain can think: "Hmm, grAy knights.. Never heard of those. Jeez. Must be something new! Cant be the grey knights, since they are spelled with an 'e' and not an 'a'.."

Use you heads. Of course they are named Grey Knights, but there is no need to get upset over a typo.

Anyways, about the army list, I'd include at least two swuads of Stormtroopers, with some antitank weapons. They can be used to shield your GKs from enemy fire and mount them in a Rhino/Chimera to further add some cover. Also, with a teleport Homer on the Veterans, you can get nice and nifty deep striking.

Just my 2 cents, though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You think i didnt say "eva" deliberatly, and i couldnt help saying it, seening as they are so good you might think to get it right.
You have my humble apology, for intefearing

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sigh... Slai, why do you feel the need to be provocative over something that you were not involved in? Three people (myself included) were merely debating the acceptable name of the army. No one was upset or being rude, and there was no reason for you to suggest that we were brainless or not using our heads. Granted we were off topic, but the point being that a Daemonhunters' player should be able to correctly spell his own units and equipment is a valid point, and three posts is not a massive divergence from the topic. We were not attacking his person or reputation yet you feel the need to take cheap shots at us under the guise of redirecting the topic, shame. I believe your problem is that you failed to understand the concept in discussion being that there was not a typo but a complete error in spelling [N.B a typo is a missed key, not a spelling error]. Additionally, you should perfect your own grammar before suggesting that someone else should get their act together even if they are "way far from topic". :angry:

Regardless of that annoyance, I don't believe we know enough about lordNie's opponent to give useful feedback regarding his army. Though I believe WraithSting was correct about the potential plasma gun problem, and his lack of troops. :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey u can take the **** out of the way i spell things ok. But in my defence ill say this i was tired at the time and when im tired i spell things the way it sound to me at the time.So i you can see i get Confussed easy when spelling things like Gray i mean Grey Knights.

O i hope theirs a cure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would suggest not master-crafting that many weapons. I would MC the Grand Master's weapon and nothing else. With the extra 45 points you spent on the Brother-Captain and two Justicars you could almost buy 2 more Grey Knights. It is worth it to give a refractor field to a Justicar. What other army can give invulnerable saves to sergeants?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Reavered:

I didnt mean to be provocative, and if anyone felt they were provoked by my last post: dont be. The "brainless" and "not using your heads" part wasnt mean like that, thats just the way I talk, and as I said, no offence was intended.

And it was off topic, and did not help the thread. Yet neither does this post, so I guess Im just as bad as the next guy.

Anyways, Reavered brings up a good point: what armies are you going to play against, lordNie?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well every one that ive played has chaos,guard, orks and dark angels. But i do change my army list 2 get a vindicare assasin for dark angel just to get ride of there plasma cannons. I've always seemed to be able to save my terminators on an invunrable. Must be the paint job.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i agree u have two many terminators, just keep the ones for the retinue and i would keep this to 5 - 6 men most (plus Grand Master) and wuld change psycannon to incinerator if deep-striking or keep if starting on the field

i would also remove MC as it is ont needed on every character and add go towards other wragear and another GK as we need as many as we can get in a prue GK army (i play Pure GK as well)

i would keep las/missile dread but the other dread is optional, he is good against troops but not good against SM (so its 50/50 for your opponents)

i would also add a fast attacking squad of GK to deep-strike (with at least 1 incinerator) and a teleport homer to a unit to assit in arriving it need be

u can't get a vindicare unless u get an inquisitor and i don't think he would be worth it (get more Gk)

i don't play stormtroopers but it is personal preference, they are usful meat shields ro back-ups but are no-where as good as GK and so lack in CC if u (like me) plan to get into assaulting heavily

hope this helps u

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is my new improved army list suggested by you (still no storm troppers)

Grand Master / MC NFW / Holocaust
4 GK Terminators / Incinerator 379

Justicar / Refractor Field / Teleport Homer
4 GK / Incinerator 185

Justicar / Refractor Field
4 GK / Incinerator 175

Justicar / Refactor Field
9 Gk /2 Incinerators (teleport) 310

Justicar / Refactor Field
9 Gk /2 Incinerators (teleport) 310

Gk Dreadnought / TL Lascannon / Missile 140

So here you go. Do u think this is better ppl?

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think it is good but i would even out the squads (or even swap them) as the troops have to survive shooting and the small teleport squad will help in positinoing them during the battle

the refracto fields are also very expensive (2 can buy u a Gk and meltaboms for justicar which we need for anti-tank)

i woudl remove at least two to do this ^ and whcih two is up to u (or even all four as u need as many GK as u can get for battles as we ahve a small army

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.