Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having finally settled on Chaos as my second army after Tau (after much meandering through other army options), here is my first list. I chose to make it primarily a K-sons list because I like their fluff, their models, and their rules, though I am not sure if they have the shots to be so numerous in a take-all-comers list. Any comments are much appreciated, particularly on the above Ksons issue (i.e. can they stand as the sole troop choice effectively) and the Raptors (I intend them as fast AT, particularly against hidden ordnance; do you guys think they can actually fulfill this role or will they get shot up?).

====

++HQ++
=Chaos Lord
--MoT; Wings; Daemon Weapon; Meltabombs
=170

++TROOPS++
=K-Sons
--Aspiring Sorcer (Bolt of Change) + 8 Marines
=269

=K-Sons
=269

=K-Sons
=269

++FAST ATTACK++
=Chaos Raptors
--6 Marines; Meltagun x2; MoCG
=150

++HEAVY SUPPORT++
=Obliterators
--Obliterators x2
=150

=Obliterator
=75

=Vindicator
-Daemonic Possesion
=145

====TOTAL: 1497====

I think the Vindicator should be able to help substantially against hordes (though I realize it is rather risky with only 1 vehicle, even if it is resilient), though the lists performance against such targets still concerns me. I think it could do well against vehicle/MC heavy lists though, since it has a large number of AT shots (Oblits & BoC).

·
Registered
381 Posts
hi

Very Good list vesper, but on the subjets you brought up and your army list, the K-sons are good troop choices but I think that having them soley as troops is not brilliant. They need to be very expensive (them 3 squads take up a 1/3 of your points) so I would exchange them for a squad of normal marines with MoT, I think the points from them could be used to expand the raptors as they will definatley liek yous aid get shot to pieces, I also think you should lose the vindiactor should get dicthed like you said as it won't acheive much as the only armour, instead a squad of havocs with heavy bolter?

Hope it helps, but you have a very good list as I said, a few tweaks would make it pretty awsome,

Gilli

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this one should be able to handle hordes better (massive volley of sonic blaster shots + Winds of Chaos when they get too close) and is all infantry so it should be more resilient. In place of the raptors hidden AT is handled now by either the DP or a DS one or more of the Obliterators.

====

++HQ++
=Chaos Lord
--MoT; Wings; Daemon Weapon; Meltabombs
=170

=Demon Prince
--MoT; Wings; Warptime; Winds of Chaos

++TROOPS++
=K-Sons
=269

=K-Sons
--Aspiring Sorcer (Doombolt) + 8 Marines
=254

=Noise Marines
--6 Marines w/ Sonic Blasters
=150

=Noise Marines
--6 Marines w/ Sonic Blasters
=150

++HEAVY SUPPORT++
=Obliterators
--Obliterators x2
=150

=Obliterator
=75

=Obliterator
=75

====TOTAL: 1497====

Edit: The Noise marines should also be able to help with CC if the enemy gets to the firing lines since they do have the "ubergrit" as well as I5 (and loose little firepower on the turn they charge).

·
Registered
381 Posts
hi

I like the new list, but what is the lord going to do on his own except get instant deathed, he needs some kind of retinue, I think you should swap the deamon prince for the raptors, as the desmon prince will get shot by the foes AT as there are no tansk to fire at, apart from that nice list, good choice of slanesh, I thought you said you wanted it Ksons, no worry thoughas it makes the lsit better.

Gilli

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the lord I am thinking I can keep him behind terrain until he gets within striking range of his targets (we play with a pretty good amount of terrain at my local store), so I think he could avoid the really heavy fire (since, unlike the Vindicator, he is fast). The Lord is going to be crusing around the advancing fire line attacking targets of oppurtunity/CC threats. Unless the enemy has some really high-value target well beyond said line he is not going to get into a position to be at risk of being targeted (and he has a 4++ savein any event).

As to the Noise Marines, I would be using alternate models and fluff and having them "Counts As" Noise Marines so that they would still be Tzeentch aspected.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Could just be me, but your list seems very small - everything is elite, although if you're going for a small strike team kind of list, go for it. It's a good list.

However, I'd want to increase your numbers. I'd drop the 2 man Oblit squad and add this -

6 Havocs - 150
3 Missile Launchers (or Autocannons if you prefer)

Also, I generally don't like having 2 HQs in 1,500 points. I'd drop the Lord, but you could get away with dropping either one. If you keep the Lord, I'd drop wings - I think he should just foot slog with the other thousand son squads shooting his daemon weapon then act as a counter charge unit when they get charged.

Finally, I'd give both Sorcerers Doombolts - it works better with their squad's inferno bolts. Might be a good idea to switch the DP to Bolt of Change.

With the extra points, depending on which HQ you drop, I'd add a third Noise Marine Squad and use the left over points to increase the squad size of the TS squads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts