Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is really only my second game of 40k the first game I was smoked by an Eldar anti MEQ list. Here is what I have come up with:

HQ
Captain: Bike, Powerfist 160

TROOPS
Tactical Squad: 5x Additional, Missile Launcher, (Sgt) Melta Bombs, RHINO 210
Bike Squad: Bike, 1x Atk Bike w/ Multi Melta, (Sgt) Power Weapon 180
Bike Squad: Bike, 1x Atk Bike, (Sgt) Power Weapon 170

ELITE
Terminator Assault Squad: LAND RAIDER 450
Sternguard Veteran Squad: (Sgt) Power Weapon, DROP POD 175
Dreadnought: TL Lascannon, TL AutoCannon 145

Please help me decide if this is at all viable. I will be facing the same Eldar player no idea what he will take.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
HQ
Captain: Bike, Powerfist 160
Make that a relic blade - he's the only guy quicker than some eldar, make the most of it :)

Tactical Squad: 5x Additional, Missile Launcher, (Sgt) Melta Bombs, RHINO 210
Bike Squad: Bike, 1x Atk Bike w/ Multi Melta, (Sgt) Power Weapon 180
Bike Squad: Bike, 1x Atk Bike, (Sgt) Power Weapon 170
Powerfist on each one of these - and your Tactical Squad has no special weapon so at least take a flamer. Also, your bike squads can take special weapons - this is definitely worthwhile, preferably meltas. Is there actually a 4th regular bike in the squads? I can't remember the costs to work it out off the top of my head. You need 4 + Attack Bike for it to be a troops choice.

Terminator Assault Squad: LAND RAIDER 450
I would be inclined to drop the Raider (if you drop this and the Dread, you've no vehicle for his anti-tank weapons to shoot) and use Locator Beacons and Teleport Homers to Deep Strike in behind his lines. As long as you land them in cover and run them out of the tight landing pattern you should be ok.
Sternguard Veteran Squad: (Sgt) Power Weapon, DROP POD 175
Make it a powerfist, bump the squad up to 10 and liberally distribute combi-meltas amongst the squad. 2 Heavy Flamers will also make their mark on his infantry :D
Dreadnought: TL Lascannon, TL AutoCannon 145
Drop this to pay for some meltas and combi-meltas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.