Rhino [35]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen [155]
Wolf Guard - Combi-Melta, Powerfist [43]
Rhino [35]

Vindicator - Siege Shield [125]

TOTAL: [1499]

Basically Vindis soften up the lines while the Rhinos move forwards, then the GHs and the WG hop out and eat things for breakfast in combat. Ragnar leads the Wolf Guard so they benefit from Furious Charge and Insane Bravado. The thing I'm unsure about is this, is it competitive?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
not really. IMO you need atleast one objective sitting unit that can contribute to your game. preferably a shoot unit that can score and characters always seem too expensive now in 5th edition to be in balanced competitive lists. Also your relying on your vindicators to do allt he shooting. i would invest in other units to prevent any podding forces and the like from killing them so easily. by killing them easily i mean that they don't have to worry about multiple vacriety threats like long fangs, speeders, heavy tanks etc.
The list seems too copy and paste like as well. adding different units wouldn't hurt a competitive list too.
For a objective sitting squad, i personally take 5x GH, one with a plasma gun and a rune priest with LL and MH ( Jotww being the power to replace MH should i feel the need ) with a chooser of the slain. also having back up units like long fangs would help this unit and attaching a terminator WG with cyclone missile launcher to the grey hunter pacj would increase punching power and the size of the scoring unit.
Hope that helps!
thanks
antique_nova

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Ragnar Blackmane [240]

5 Wolf Guard - 3 Power Fists [150]
Rhino [35]
Ragnar really needs to be in a squad with numbers to be effective. Personally I wouldn't even use him in games less than 1750pts but if you must, I'd go like this:

Ragnar Blackmane [XXX]
9 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen [150]
Rhino [XX]

or

Ragnar Blackmane [XXX]
6 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen [105]
Wolf Guard - Combi-flamer, Frost Axe [43]
Rhino [XX]

They can take advantage of Ragnar's +D3 attacks. Also, furious charge is wasted on power fists.

BTW, it is against forum rules to post costs for individual units without upgrades. That's why I posted [XXX] for the cost of Ragnar or the plain rhino.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I decided to remove ragnar and max out on GHs, here you go

Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain [110]

3 Wolf Guard - 3 Powerfists [114]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Wolf Standard, Rhino [225]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Wolf Standard, Rhino [225]

I've also been looking at a double land Raider list, a bit of advice on which looks harder would be great, as I am gonna start buying soon!

Ragnar Blackmane [240]

8 Wolf Guard - 2 Powerfists, Mark of the Wulfen [199]

15 Blood Claws - 2 Meltaguns, Powerfist [255]

10 Grey Hunters - 2 Meltaguns, Rhino [190]

5 Skyclaws - Powerfist [115]

Land Raider Crusader [250]

Land Raider [250]

1 WG goes with the BC (the MotW one) in the Crusader and the other 7 go with Rangar in the normal LR. the GHs provide a good little bit of AT, but considered giving them 2 Plasma and removing the Rhino, maybe adding another WG with TDA and a Cyclone ML. Which do you prefer?

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I like your revised list a lot better. However, Pfists are a waste on a GH model with just 1 attack. I'd put them on the Wolf Guards only and give your GH's power weapons instead. I'd also recommend combi-meltas with your WG's. Go something like this:

Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain [110]

4 Wolf Guard - 3 Combi-meltas, 1 Combi-flamer, 4 Powerfists [172]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [215]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [215]

8 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [195] (RP here)

TOTAL: [1497]

I've also been looking at a double land Raider list, a bit of advice on which looks harder would be great, as I am gonna start buying soon!

Ragnar Blackmane [240]

8 Wolf Guard - 2 Powerfists, Mark of the Wulfen [199]

15 Blood Claws - 2 Meltaguns, Powerfist [255]

10 Grey Hunters - 2 Meltaguns, Rhino [190]

5 Skyclaws - Powerfist [115]

Land Raider Crusader [250]

Land Raider [250]

1 WG goes with the BC (the MotW one) in the Crusader and the other 7 go with Rangar in the normal LR. the GHs provide a good little bit of AT, but considered giving them 2 Plasma and removing the Rhino, maybe adding another WG with TDA and a Cyclone ML. Which do you prefer?
The 1st list is much more balanced and IMO better overall. The 2nd list will either do really good if your opponent can't handle LR's or it'll tank, literally.

One thing this list needs is another scoring unit. Consider swapping your skyclaws for a 5-man vanilla GH unit in a razorback to sit on objectives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts