Falcon - Spirit Stones, Holo-fields, Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon [185]

Wraithlord - Bright Lance, EML [155]

TOTAL [1497]

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Interesting list.

I'm having a really tough time placing your Dire Avengers in there. I understand they go in the falcon, but it seems a stretch to have them there just for that. True it gives the falcon a unit that can score, but the falcon seems like it serves as more of a harrassment/dakka unit in this list. Also 6 avengers are pretty laughable in the toughness department, seems like even if you could pop them in on an objective, they would just get blasted off.

I wonder if maybe dropping the avengers for some warlocks to sit in your guardian squads with embolden wouldn't be a bad call?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think this looks pretty solid.

You have a strong firebase and 4 scoring units. If you wanted, you could keep the jetbike units in reserve and bring them in to countercharge when your opponent draws closer. I think this would work well in capture and control, where you have more than enough units to mob your objective, and you can turbo boost to contest your opponent's objective. Eldrad can sit in the falcon to fortune and guide WLs and the falcon, and when hostile units close in, the WLs and Eldrad are a force to be reckoned with in close combat.

The only issue that I see is that you're only fielding one vehicle. It's going to attract a lot of fire (at least until it is shaken, and then the shots will go into your WLs) and you're paying a lot of points for it. I don't see it getting many shots off, even if you do hide it in cover and chain cast fortune on it.

The poster above brings up a good point about the dire avengers, but that's the cheapest troop choice you can get for the falcon. I would probably leave em in there, but if you think 3 troops (2 with limited mobility) are enough, then you might want to consider dropping them.

I'm not a huge fan of jetbikes (cause I'm bad at em) but if you're confident in your use of them then more power to you.

Don't take all my text as a bad sign, I think this is a great list. I'm sure it would perform admirably without any changes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, but the falcon will take priority because WLs can't be shaken.

Or at least, that's how I'd do my shooting if I was facing this list.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've been considering taking out one unit of guardians and replacing them with a warlock for the other guardians, a jetlock for the jetbikes and 2 more guardians to round out the points. It reduces me to 3 troops choices rather than 4, but as you say, with a strong Fire base and my Jetbikes Turbo boosting at the last minute I should be fine for objectives.

Thanks for the comments, Here's the new version
Eldrad Ulthran [210]

Farseer - Fortune, Jetbike [115]
5 Warlocks - Embolden, Enhance, 3 Destructor, Jetbikes [275]

12 Guardians - Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden [141]

6 Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons, Warlock, Jetbike, Embolden [202]

5 Dire Avengers [60]

Falcon - Spirit Stones, Holo-fields, Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon [185]

TOTAL [1498]

·
Registered
178 Posts
not my style of list but it definitely looks reasonably solid, my main suggestion would be to split the two jetbike squads into squads of 3, seeing as you have room on the force organisational chart it will mean smaller targets and the enemy will think twice about shooting at them as a max of 3 kills with an entire squad's worth of shooting at least in my book isn't that appealing.

also as a secondary suggestion bright lances are not the greatest weapon around so you could probably skim them off to save points or only have one with a brightlance for the occasional super annoying tank.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've been considering that option, I think I'll try out the bigger unit first, and if it has issues surviving I'll switch to 2 small units and hide them.

I disagree about Bright Lances, they make it so my wraithlords can challenge any tank in the game pretty evenly, and with double guide coming from Eldrad they can do quite a bit of damage to whatever they shoot at.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I disagree about Bright Lances, they make it so my wraithlords can challenge any tank in the game pretty evenly, and with double guide coming from Eldrad they can do quite a bit of damage to whatever they shoot at.
can definitely understand that position, seeing as the wraithlords are your main anti tank,

one part of your list that probably could use some tweaking too would be the whole falcon/DA combo, the falcon itself seems very multipurpose with lots of anti horde dice plus 2 s8 shots for anti tank but the dire avengers themselves probably won't pack more of a punch than the guardians. it could work but to me it's really not that much of a punch unit (which is what your army kinda needs)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it turns out that way, which it very well might, I could try to find the 20 pts needed to swap them out for 5 Fire Dragons. At least then I'd have a much harder hitting unit that packs a punch to tanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts