Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am not a big fan of gaunts as they just seem to die on me and i think my painting hand would die and my brain fall asleep if i tried to paint countless numbers of them and so i have decided to opt for a nidzilla list.. but i feel my list has many weaknesses that i just cant spot and im not sure if i should instead opt for a pure CC or pure shooty list...

Any help will be appreciated ;Y

Tyrant: 2xVenom cannon, extended carapace, Enhanced senses, Toxin sacs

Tyrant: Bone sword + Lash whip, Extended carapace, Acid maw, scything talons, Both Adrenal Glands, Toxin sacs, Toxic miasma

3xLictor

Carnifex: 2xScything talons, Toxic miasma, Adrenal glands(WS)

Carnifex: 2xTwin linked Devourers, enhanced senses

3xRippers

3xRippers

Carnifex: Venom canon, Barbed strangler, Extended Carapace, Enhanced senses, Bonded exoskeleton, Reinforced chintin, Regeneration

Carnifex: Old One Eye

3xZoanthrope: Warp blast

·
663 Posts
Ditch the CC Fex for another Dakka Fex, you'll need the extra Shoots

The Tyrants need work, the twin-linked vennom cannon is a waste, eather go for a flying tyrant with two twin-linked devouers or have the bone sword one with a gun so he as something to do as he slowly walks across the battle field.

Also don't count out guants, there strength is in their speed and numbers. Hormoguants are almost always a turn two charge. If you get a decent size unit to charge something they can lose every turn and if there in synaps they won't run and take that charged unit out of the fight. Very good aginst heavy weapon squads that set up too close.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tyrant: if you take 2 of the same gun on any nid they become twin linked - thus you only have 1 vennom cannon with a reroll to hit - not worth it at that cost: Swap it out for a barbed strangler or deathspitters - the rest of him is fine, though as he is long range fire support, I would give him a tyrant guard instead of the carapace.

Tyrant 2; Ok this chap has close ranged weapons, way too many biomorphs and no wings. What he despiratly needs are wings - this allows him to bring those CC weapons into play much earlier on - otherwise he is a slow 6 inch moving monster that any opponent can ignor and avoid for most of the game. Personally I prefer 2 set of scything talons, but the sword can have uses if supporting a large group of hormagunts in the charge. for boimorphs, keep him simple; warpfield is great at keeping him alive (as he can nolonger take the carapace with wings)- miasma is also a good choice - the rest I would drop for now - as things like hte andreal glands are overcostly and the toxin sacs are not adding too much to his attack

lictors - remember these are one shot wonders - expect them to die very quickly - that way you will not rely to much on them and then scupper up when the die. They are sniper and tank hunters and that is what you need to target - anything else will kill these guys way too quickly. (Tau Fire warriors are a good target, as are sniper like eldar pathfinders)

Carnifex 1 - you have to accept the fact that this chap is a slow mover - like above with the tyrant - this makes him ignorable to an opponent who has faced you before - take another carnifex like the one below

Carnifex 2 - good choice

Ripper = I worry about this section of your army - it has little or no punch or threat = take hormagaunts or fleshborer armed gaunts - more of an active threat force - if points allow consider also genestealers

carnifex - a bit over upgraded - drop some stuff off him - reinfoced chitchin is about hte best defensive upgrade - dump the others for now and use the points in other area (troops)

old one eye - not arguing here - but remember he is not in the codex - so you have to ask to use him

zoanthropes - if you can try and get synapse onto one or two of these - it keeps thrm from being killed by high strength weapons and makes the zoanthropes much harder to kill = it also supports the rest of the army; remember carnifexes, zoanthropes and lictors all have to take instinctive behavour tests when out of synapse range - not too much of a problem considering thier LD but it is an added risk factor

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd almost recommend dropping the Lictors all together for another Dakka-Fex. As mentioned before they're one-shot-wonders with a single hit-n-die use. A Dakka-Fex can take out massive amounts of low armored troops very quickly, and even higher armored models with decent reliability.

The first Heavy-Fex is way too much. He's actually what I take as my heavies minus Regenerate. It's a nice bio-mod but it's WAY too expensive for what little damage they already take (Super-High Toughness, great save, tons of wounds).

Old One-eye is a nasty little beast if you can get him close enough to be effective, but as many players will attest to, CC Carnifex's rarely if ever make their points back. He's no different. I'd suggest a little more ranged.

Tyrants die ridiculously fast. Plan on that. Don't put yourself into a situation where the lack of their Synapse will be a hindrance. I generally take packs of Genestealers as my troop choices to avoid the lack of Synapse I have in my list. My Winged Tyrant is usually dead one or two rounds after he charges. Having massive amounts of Monstrous Creatures (like a Nidzilla army you're wanting) helps negate the negative effects of this. However Gaunts and Rippers (I think?) suffer when they're not in range of Synapse. Genestealers do not. Your other solution to this would be to tone down the Tyrants a bit and add a few Tyrant Guards to give them a bit more survivability.

Hopefully this helped; Good luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd definitely drop at least one lictor for more troops. You may want another shootafex as well (venomcannon + barbed strangler) as they are basically your only tank killers, besides the lictors, who are pretty inefficient at that. The zoanthropes are pretty unreliable too. Their short range and low BS with 1 shot isnt very good. I'd keep them though and give one synapse and maybe get a little choir going with psychic screams as your army will generally move as one. Which is another problem. I beleive the tyranids are gifted with all the speed they have. Fleet and wings and beast and leapers are beatdown. Most nidzilla armies I see run stealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.