Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just started work on a new army called the Zanatorian Machine Cult: a renegade Adeptus Mechanicus cult that used AI and other forbidden tech.

I was set on using a Necron army list and was happy with some of the mock miniatures shown here: http://www.librarium-online.com/for...onverting-renegade-mechanicus-robot-army.html

But now due to GW discontinuing all of its individual metal components I’m back to square one and am now considering an army of massive mechanical giant robots.

But the scale I’m thinking of requires something heavily resilient and well armed I went through several books looking for an army list that would suit the army’s background and the titan like conversions I had in mind.

And I must say the Deamonhunters Codex was not a list I had even considered at first but being able to field 5 Land Raiders made them the perfect list for my army’s design.

My idea is to convert Defiler kits into walking robots like the one pictured on the left, of course I will add more heavy armor using plastic card and other bits, construct a head from scratch and arm the ‘Leviathan’ with the same weaponry as the Land Raider it represents.

The large amount of weaponry and 14 all around armor make Land Raiders perfect for representing my great war machine designs, now on to the list…

HQ
61 - Mechanicus Knight (Grey Knight Brother Captain)
(mounted in Crusader 1)

ELITE
26 - Magos (Inquisitor): 1 Mystic and dedicated Land Raider transport.
255 - Land Raider: Extra Armor

26 - Magos (Inquisitor): 1 Mystic and dedicated Land Raider transport.
255 - Land Raider
(The Mystics will allow me to deal with deep striking units like IG veterans and other nasties, cheap and perfectly legal. Sadly I can’t afford extra armor for all the Land Raiders)

TROOPS
50 - Skitarii(Stormtroopers)
(mounted in Crusader 2)

50 - Skitarii(Stormtroopers)
(mounted in Crusader 3)

HEAVY SUPPORT
260 - Land Raider Crusader: Extra Armor

Total: 1498
Numbers: 15(5)
Tactics: Basically anything that is a threat to 14 armor dies first lol :D

So Any Thoughts On My Army Idea & List?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.