Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you will know of my madness which is the Grot Rebellion: http://www.librarium-online.com/for...reat-grot-rebellion-part-2-a.html#post1025635

Well after a few games I've discovered how hard guard tanks are and have decided to create a tank heavy list so here it is?

HQ
85 - Heroic Officer Grotsnik with Iron Discpline and 1 plasmagun.
(His job is to stay entrenced with the 2 Grenaider Squads providing some good leadership checks)

56- Sentinel with Lascannon and Searchlight.
(Deep Strike in and do some tank hunting as well as reveal targets during a night fight mission a 56pt tank to reveal a 150pt or more unit is worth it)

ELITE
75 - Veteran Squad: 5 Veterans, 3 with Meltaguns.

75 - Veteran Squad: 5 Veterans, 3 with Meltaguns.
(Simple: Deep Strike, Tank Hunt)

150 - 2 Engineers with 4 Tech Servitors each.
(hide behind the tanks and repair them duh)

TROOPS
120 - 10 Grenaiders 2 with Plasmaguns.

120 - 10 Grenaiders 2 with Plasmaguns.
(These guys and the command squad either stay entrenched or advance forward depending on the army i'm facing)

FAST ATTACK
135 - Hellhound with Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers.

135 - Hellhound with Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers.
(Two good light Infrantry units)

56 - Sentinel with Lascannon and Searchlight.
(Same as the first sentinel)

HEAVY SUPPORT
164 - Leman Russ with 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers and Searchlight.

164 - Leman Russ with 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers and Searchlight.

164 - Leman Russ with 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers and Searchlight
--OR--
164 Leman Russ Demolisher with 1 Heavy Bolter, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchersand Searchlight.
(The best tanks their are these will kill marines and other heavy infrantry while be supported by the engineers.)

Feedback?

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which Leman Russ?

Also while at the GT final yesterday, I hear the new tank rules are going to be similar to the apoclapse rules. So tanks may be even better which has made me think of this list even more.

But my main question for this post is which tank should i use for my 3rd heavy support?

The standard Leman Russ has the range and thus can remain in spanner range of a techpriest where the demolisher is stronger and thus suited for handling terminators and other 2+ armoured nasties?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts