Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after much revmaping, i came up with what i think might be a pretty solid nurgle list. Let me know if you notice anything that might help me. Aswell is attached an experimental 2000pt list that i threw together from the models I have, if you have an extra moment, tell me what I might be able to do with that list aswell. Thanks!

Deamon Prince - wings, MoN, Warptime - 175pts
will fly along side with the raptors and support them

6 terminators - champion, IoN, 2 PFs, Chain fist, 2 combi plasmas - 275
they will deepstike in off the raptor icon and support them until the rest of the army can get there.

7 plaque marines - champion, PF, Plasma gun - 216
this is the bulk of the army, will be used as needed.

7 raptors - champion, IoN, PF, 2 melta guns - 250
this unit is stacked to be both anti-intfintry and be tank hunters. They will engage the more vulnerable of the 2.

obliterator
obliterator
1498pts

2000pt list

Terminator Lord - MoN, deamon weapon - 165pts
will join the 4 man terminator unit

4 terminators - IoN, 2 PFs, Reaper Autocannon
not sure about how to approach these guys, i'm thinking depending on the objective will depict on if they will deepstrike or footslog across the board.

5 terminators - champion, IoN, 2 PFs, Chain fist, combi plasma - 230pts
they will deepstike in off the raptor icon and support them until the rest of the army can get there.

7 plaque marines - champion, PF, - 201

this unit is stacked to be both anti-intfintry and be tank hunters.

obliterator
obliterator
1999pts

·
4,967 Posts
1500 point list

HQ: Fine.

Termies: Try to max out the combi weapons. You could drop a power fist or two if needed.

Troops: 2 special weapons is more usual but you are short of points.

Raptors: Alas as they have no FNP expect them to receive most of the incoming firepower. A Plague marine unit in a rhino with meltas and a personal icon could do a simmilar roll but it would mean having one vulnerable tank.

·
549 Posts
Your HQ is looking good, that Daemon Prince should work great with your squad of Raptors or even alone if you choose to.

The Terminator squad also look good, Nurgle Terminators are quite tough to take out. I would add an heavy weapon in there tho, and max out on the combi-weapons. 5 should be enough tho, they are quite resilient, if you need to free up some points that's where I would go first.

The bulk of your army look fine. Your Plague Marines should do the job. They are on foot tho so you will have limited movement througout the game, make sure you deploy them so they can support each other. You seem to want to follow the sacred number of Nurgle, 7, in every one of your squad, but I found out that a squad of 10 Plague Marines last a lot longer. Since you seem to have the models available I think you should go with squads of 9-10 instead of 7.

Regarding your Raptors I understand that you wish to stay fluffy by giving all your army the Mark of Nurgle, but in a Death Guard army there's no fast attack choices (was that way in the old codex). If you take Raptors then they would be better off with the Chaos Glory Icon and 2 more Raptors.

That's about it. Hope it helps.

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts

Looks Good.

6 terminators - champion, IoN, 2 PFs, Chain fist, 2 combi plasmas - 275
they will deepstike in off the raptor icon and support them until the rest of the army can\ get there.

Drop the champion, Use pf's instead of the chain fists to have more points...max out the combi weapons and get a heavy flamer...

Looks good here.

this unit is stacked to be both anti-intfintry and be tank hunters. They will engage the more vulnerable of the 2.

I would suggest giving them IoCG just because they will take a lot of the fire power...this way here they will most likely not be running of the board...Just a suggestion...looks good though.

obliterator
obliterator

Looks good.

1498pts

2000pt list

Terminator Lord - MoN, deamon weapon - 165pts
will join the 4 man terminator unit

Looks good.

4 terminators - IoN, 2 PFs, Reaper Autocannon
not sure about how to approach these guys, i'm thinking depending on the objective will depict on if they will deepstrike or footslog across the board.

5 terminators - champion, IoN, 2 PFs, Chain fist, combi plasma - 230pts

Drop the champion here...they are not worth the extra points. Get pf's instead of the chainfists...max out the combi weapons....I also suggest giving one IoCG as well just so when they get shot up from DS'ing when they enter the game you don't lose them before you can actually do anything with them.

7 plaque marines - champion, PF, - 201

These look good.

this unit is stacked to be both anti-intfintry and be tank hunters.

I suggest giving them IoCG for the same reasons as above.

obliterator
obliterator

I suggest for a 2k game getting more Anti tank just so that you have it...Oblits are nice...but those are the only non infantry units you have for tanks...And if they get taken out you are relying on your squads to do that....

1999pts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, im alittle torn here. First of all, thanks for the input, i appriciate it, keep it coming. I've never used combi-weapons before on my terminators and now everyone says i need so many of them, or dont take the reaper autocannon (which i normally use) and just getting thrown both ways. Why is it so important to take combi plasma? what are the perks about it over taking the autocannon? before i go through and redue my terminator line up, id like to get a more clear understanding of it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

Why to put combi-weapons (prefably plamas IMO)? This is the unit of the dex, now every termie squad must have them, the reasons is simply so you can combined with an icon of sorts and a deep strike into a safe zone the unit can destroy a whole unit in one go unleashing 6+ plasma shots which lets face it could probaly kill most units, a common set-up is:

4 termies- 1 power fist, heavy flamer, 3 combi plamas- 150
This is cheap unit and when deep stirked can unleas 6 plasma shots and a heavy flamer for hordes, its durable and difficult to remove. It will cause a pain after its unleashed its combi weapons and can do a lot of damge in CC all for 150pts

Hope I've explained this well and hope it helpps you out, a reaper by the way is very expensive and footslogging termies is such a bad option compaered to this,

Gilli

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok, i came up with a new list, but now my delima is, is I don't quite know what to do with the extra points, any advice?

Everyone seems to agree on him, i wouldn't see how you would build him any different. Now just how to model the bot bellied hoss "flying" effectively.... Any ideas? i was gonna put the first dragon of chaos (Warhammer Fantasy) wings on him, those look big enough and look dead and rotting. Though the nurgle deamon prince model just dosent look like he should have wings on him...

5 terminators - champion, IoN, 2 PFs, Heavy Flamer, 4 combi plasmas - 245pts

Drop the champion, Use pf's instead of the chain fists to have more points...max out the combi weapons and get a heavy flamer...

I like the idea of the heavy flamer, and I don't see them charging tanks often, so the chain fist was easily dropped. I need more templates to help thin out hordes, but i think the champ upgrade is worth the points and plus im having trouble finding places to spend the points as is. And after much pro and con debat back and forth with myself today at work, i think 4 combi plasmas should be really effective if used right.

7 plaque marines - champion, PF, Plasma gun - 216pts

I was thinking with those extra points on adding flamers to all the squads. Since im limited in numbers, i need more templates to help thin out the bugs and mushrooms. What do you think??

9 raptors - champion, IoCG, PF, 2 melta guns - 250pts

Regarding your Raptors I understand that you wish to stay fluffy by giving all your army the Mark of Nurgle, but in a Death Guard army there's no fast attack choices (was that way in the old codex). If you take Raptors then they would be better off with the Chaos Glory Icon and 2 more Raptors.
Your right, i needed to find a balance in fluff and effectiveness, i think that should work much better, thanks!

obliterator
obliterator

And these guys just rock, i mean come on, for the points theres no contest.

1468pts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, ive had a chance to factor everything together and i think i was able to come up with something a bit more solid. Check this out and tell me what you think:

5 terminators - champion w/ chainfist, IoN, powerfist, 4 combi plasmas - 250pts

(i wasn't going to, but i put a chainfist on the champ for 2 reasons, 1 makes the model look better and more distinct, and 2, i had 5 points i couldnt put anywhere else so i just upgraded his PF to a chainfist.) But if you have a better suggestion, i'm all ears.

7 plaque marines - champion, PF, 2 Plasma guns - 231pts

8 raptors - champion, IoCG, PF, 2 melta guns - 230pts

obliterator
obliterator

1498 pts

·
Registered
381 Posts
hi

This is a very good list and should serve you very well, I think, my only suggestion would be to drop the IoN and the champion and then just go with a PF to get an extra oblit, since the termies are deep striking theres no real need for the IoN and although I understand your trying to keep it fluffy an extra oblit would really help on the AT side of things and provide a lot more versitilty,

Gilli

1 - 9 of 9 Posts