Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so basically I have been a SM player for ever, but I have now fallen in love with the Eldar. I never liked the "usual" Eldar armies like the vehicle/ jetbikes ones, and I really like aspect warriors. soooo, here it is:

HQ

Elites
Striking Scorpions (10) 197pts
-Exarch - Biting Blade - Shadowstrike

Fire Dragons (5) 195pts
With Wave serpent
-Star engines - Shuricannon

Troops
Dire Avengers (10) 152pts
-Exarch - 2 shuricatapults - Bladestorm

Dire Avengers 152pts

Rangers (5) 120pts
-pathfinders

Hvy Support
Dark reapers (5) 227pts
-Exarch - Tempest launcher - Fast Shot

Fire prism 150pts
-holofields

Fire prism 150pts
-holofields

Total = 1498pts

Extra 500pts if it is a 2000pts game

HQ
Eldrad Ulthuran 210pts

4 warlocks 146pts
-destructor (x2) - embolden - Enhance - 2 singing spears

F. Attack
Warp spiders (6) 149pts
-Exarch - Ad. D. Spinner

Total = 505

Grand Total = 2003

Ok so yeah any help would be great, thanks ^^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guardians are useful as they give you a heavy weapon and can hold your objective and save your bacon!
Yeah I realise they have their merits but Guardians, for whatever odd reason, just irritate the hell out of me. I simply dislike them and will probably never use them. Thanks for your imput but my army concept also depends on a heavily elite, non-militia force (Survivors of Malan'tia - who after the attack of the "Doom of Malan'tia" Tyranid are massively depleted, highly militarised and very ****ed off and have barely any guardians left at all - at least in my concept as there is no fluff yet!).

Thanks tho ^^ Do you have any opinion of the army list itself?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the foot slog

being a rebel in this edition i only play footslogging armies and my current favorite is deamons.

I also own and frequently play foot eldar, so i can say what i normally do and see if you like the ideas.

FIrst off if you are going to have a lot on foot its best to not have any vehicles..if you have a minimal amount of vehicles it makes all those laz cannons and lances point directly at them, so its better to either have a ton or non at all.

Second, wave serpents are extremely expensive. for the points of one wave serpent an eldar player can get another unit to help the unit they would normmally embark on the wave serpent. My tactics usually follow the route of...if i have a unit of banshees instead of a serpent to protect them i give that unit a unit to give them suppressive fire. So for every foot combat unit i give them a ranged unit like rangers or dire avengers, or dark reapers.

Third, the only downside of not bring vehicles is its sorta hard to find anti tank weapons, so where ever and how ever you fit them into your list is always good. Harlequins with melta pistols yay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yay another comment! XD glad i have another ally in my footslog ideals hahahah ^^ urm well as for the tanks you see i kinda already have one fire prism and one wave serpent (was bought them for birthday/ christmas/ whatever) so i would kinda like to use em, and ive noticed that two fire prisms are better than one (for rather obvious reasons). eldar tanks are pretty hardy, with thier holofields and covers saves due to speed, so they mayyyy survive in my meta... but yeah I will think about taking out the tanks :(

If I decide to be stubborn and want to keep the two tanks that i already own would it be best to keep the two fire prisms or reduce them to just one?

and what would i swap them for if i did get rid of em?

i will be play testing tonight or tomorow so ill know 1st hand whether my force is fierce or a flop XD

·
Registered
692 Posts
It would be best to keep both of them instead of just one. Like most things in this game more than one is always good. Maybe it would be best for you to get a few more wave serpents, that way you can play all mech, or mech-foot hybrid, or all foot. Its good to have models to do all comfortably, but for now just try everything out and have fun. You may find that you like foot better than mech and which ever you can play better and enjoy you can build your lists around

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool cheers mate thanks for the advice ^^ i'll be playing a 1500pts game today with proxies so we will see how my current force does. im sure i'll try a million diferent things before i finally settle heheheheh
thanks

·
1,271 Posts
Regarding the fire prism, if it's a modern kit than you should have the bits to change the main weapon to a doomweaver. That gives it a different role, however slowing down your oponent could be very important on foot and unlike fireprisms those work fine all on their own.

Regarding footslogging, do you have any fluff issues with wraith units? I'm seeing wraithguard showing up a lot when I've occasionally hunted down lists of Eldar armies that won or did well in tournies on the GW website. They provide much needed anti armor shooting (great against MCs too and not at all bad against a lot of stuff). But unlike our other troops they can take a lot of punishment from small arms especially with a fortuning farseer/Eldrad. They also hold up in melee against most things so they can either tar pit the enemy unit, or get rescued by a countercharge.

Wraithlords are also solid, and provide some BS4 lance shots.

If you're rolling with your list as is I have some specific configuration advice

-Get your scorp exarc a claw. Note that you can go ahead and keep the biting blade as one replaces the chainsword and the other their pistol. Since the biting blade is two handed doing this doesn't cost you an attack either. Just a small number of points. Speaking of which try and work in stalker. It's cheap and can really make a big difference.

-carefully evaluate your troop situation. Footslogging DA are vulnerable to a whole lot. The avatar helps should they get into melee, but you can't just rely on that to get the objectives you need. I think if you're looking to save real money considerr getting them at least defend. But I find that cheap DA can be quite effective. (for two squads with uprated exarcs you can almost get three full squads of regulars, and exarcs don't help at all with surviving shooting).

Of course when I was using footslogging DA it was back in 4th edition. These days I'm reminded every game that each point spent on DA is a point spent on something that can't hurt AV11.

Actually at a high level the overall lack of anti vehicle firepower would be my biggest concern for your army. You can work it in how you'd like, but I think you'll find yourself needing it somehow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow awesome thats some serious feedback XD ill be trying out the army now so ill tell you how it goes and i will look into implementing what people have suggested if it seems i need it thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
-Get your scorp exarc a claw. Note that you can go ahead and keep the biting blade as one replaces the chainsword and the other their pistol. Since the biting blade is two handed doing this doesn't cost you an attack either. Just a small number of points. Speaking of which try and work in stalker. It's cheap and can really make a big difference.
Why scorpions claw? its only s6 wheras on a charge the biting blade can go up to s8. I mean i realise it is a power weapon but it also makes him strike last which means his high initiative is wasted and the points are precious and spread thin so im not certain i could actually afford it :/

·
1,271 Posts
Why scorpions claw? its only s6 wheras on a charge the biting blade can go up to s8. I mean i realise it is a power weapon but it also makes him strike last which means his high initiative is wasted and the points are precious and spread thin so im not certain i could actually afford it :/
It can be S8 on the charge...but it very likely won't. It depends on the targets WS and your luck but usually it'll only be S6 as well. And things are worse if you aren't charging that turn. I still have it because sometimes things go wrong and you're facing a dred or something, or becuase it's quite good at ripping up a vehicle that didn't move last turn.

Now the advantage of the claw really is that it gets past armor. However this is quite important as it will often mean tripling your kills (and occasionally give you a six fold increase)! You do go at a lower initiative, but against even MEQ and with four attacks the biting blade kills less than one marine on average. There are reasons you might want to opt to use the blade. But usually the extra kills are much more important.

Also it does give you an extra shuri shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.