29xSwordsmen---------------------->293
full command
10xhalberdiers detachment

Knightly orders---------------------->250
full command

Special

30xFlagellants--------------------------->370
Prophet of Doom

I built this list so that I can really swap out the Flagellants to be a steam tank, or the two new magemobiles. This army is really just to give the other fantasy players at my local store a chance to face some of the new models.

any recommendations on magic items for the arch lector and Captain of the Empire would be kindly received.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
Lo,

First thing, for 1500pts theres far too many characters. You may be able to afford them as 3 of them are prety much naked on items, but it doesnt mean you should bulk out on them.

You have a Lord character at 1500pts, with a big upgrade. normaly when you see this its a Lvl 4/3 mage, so not too far off with an AL. However, you might aswell drop the scroll onto your wizard to free up ome points or at least spread his points around a bit.

Next i question wether you need 2 WP. Dont forget you have an AL, and a wizard, and another WP, hy do you need another one? Drop it. You simply have too many characters compared to your units. I would invest more in your state troops. If your looking for new troops im surprised theres no witch hunter in the list. Sigmar or not.

BSB id rather see in a block of state troops on foot. Tal Pres + Encahnt Shield for the win.

As for your state troops, simply not enough. at 1500pts you want to be looking at 30 in a block of swordsmen and that i would say in a minimum at this size game. 25 at an absolute push but i wouldnt expect this unit to achieve much in game turns as you will loose steadfast quite quickly. I would maybe have the handgunners not as a detachment, just means you can deploy differently, but i would look into maybe a detachment of halbardiers for the swordsmen.

Having said that i think you should be running 2 blocks of state troops. Im a fan of swordsmen but if your happy to go 40+ models maybe look into a unit of Halbardiers. That extra Strength goes a long way.

Im not a fan of KO/KotIC. And if you want an army for people to face new units i would swapo them out for Demigryphs. Even with a halberd your knights are getting a 2+save, 1+ at range as you still keep the shield, and then your packing a large numner of S5 attacks round after round. Its a Shame the game developers didnt allow Empire characters o take Demigryph mounts. Its one thing which realy niggled me about the book, "yeh we brough in these new awsome mounts for your knightly orders, but Empire generals cant ride them, and neither can the grand masters of the knightly orders themsleves". Guess they decided no one would but the new gryphon model.

Im also not a fan of Flagellants. They may not run away, but they kill themsleves, are back to S3 after the first round of combat, and die easily. If these guys were cheaper they would be ok, but you need units of 30, and 40+ to make people worry. I would swap these guys out for Greatswords any day of the week.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Agreed, too many characters and not enough staties. I'm okay with kannigits, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I swapped things around to try and make it a more viable list. I was going to make the wizard from the lore of metal to deal with cav, and increased the number of normal troops.

I hope to make a couple lists to give them a pretty good taste of what the empire can bring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts