2 Vypers- shurikencannons

Heavy support

Falcon- Scatterlaser, spiritstones, holofields

Falcon- Scatterlaser, spiritstones, holofields

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah an interesting list. Very fast and with a fair amount of that great eldar S6 weaponary. The only thing that really worries me is what you are going to do if a land raider/monolith is in the game??? The seers may be able to hurt it, maybe, if they're lucky, but i wouldn't count on it, Despite how unpopular it is with some people ;) I really think you would benefit from a small squad of dragons for that falcon, or maybe replacing the falcons with prisms. Numbers is also a little worrying with those orksies making an appearance again, but really that will always be the case with mech eldar. Also I think if you get bogged down in cc it'll get nasty, I realise you have alot of speed in the army but there is nasties out there to pin u down (hormies, daemon hosts etc etc) and there is only so much a single unit of spears can handle. I think it would be a fun army to play against and a challenge to use properly so best of luck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think all the strength 6 weaponry will counter most hoarde armies. CC is going to be a problem so ill have to play my movement phase right. But ur right about the monolith or landraider.

Anyone have an idea as to what I should do? Its from personal experience when I shay that 2 Fire prisms have limited advantages at best.

HQ

Farseer-Singingspear, Spirit Stones, Jetbike, Doom, Fortune

Autarch- Laser lance, fusion gun, Mandiblasters, Jetbike

Troop

7 Guardian Jetbike- 2 shurikencannons
1 Warlock-Embolden, singing spear

Fast Attack

4 Shining Spears
1 Exarch- Star lance, withdraw

Heavy support

FirePrism- spiritstones, holofields

Better?

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
This list is much better than the first. You have some decent anti tank with the autarch, farseer and the warlocks. You have anti-horde with the fireprisms, vypers and the jetbikes. This list should do pretty well. Even though you have shining spears you may suffer a little against MEQ armies but weight of firepower and manouverability will offset this a little. ;Y

JvK :happy:

·
Registered
101 Posts
In regards to the mention of the Land Raider and Monolith. It seems to me that nobody mentioned bright lances for combating these threats. Does nobody use them anymore? I mean..Fire Dragons are nice...but they mean nothing against the monolith... they need a 6 on the one dice they get against it just to glance the thing.

O.T.

·
Registered
81 Posts
they are cheap and that is a 6 to pen against a lith as they have ap1 weapons. Plus blances don't do squat to a lith, but point taken they are handy. And Laughing god I like the list alot more fire prisms are gold especially when they link up and they are great anti tank ,anti hoard or even anti marine. The only other big tank hunters that may fit in is hawks with intercept but there is no way you have the points for them and they are quite fragile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sorry. I stand corrected on the b-lance effecting the monolith. Its been a while since I fielded my crons and have grown lax in my knowledge of their gameplay. thanks for pointing it out!

Have fun!

O.T.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
pretty stable mate, would want expert rider on the spear exarch and bulk up that squad, but otherwise fine, are the bike squads 7+ warlcok or 7 including warlock? if the former then drop bikes to pay for above

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7 in the unit total. that is 6 guardians 1 warlock.

should i drop some bikes for the upgrades on the spears?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
pft, no your bike squads are right in multiples of 3 plus warlock, so dont drop one from each squad but rather drop three from one squad, use those 76 points to upgrade the spear autarch and max the numbers, you will still have acouple of points left, be tempted to fiddle with the farseer, either slimming down so you can get something worth having or fattening up (runes of warding?)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HQ

Farseer-Singingspear, Jetbike, Doom,

Autarch- Laser lance, fusion gun, Mandiblasters, Jetbike

Troop

Fast Attack

5 Shining Spears
1 Exarch- Star lance, withdraw, skilled rider

Heavy support

There, I filled out the shining spear by shaving points off my farseer. Didnt want to remove any from the jetbike squads or id loose a sheriken cannon. Think this list if as good as its going to get?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.