Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've arranged a tournament with a few friends, it will mainly be against MEQ Tau and Marines, I haven't had any real time to play test, so this is just based on hope more than experience, Anyway, this is what I've come up with...........................

HQ:

Brother Captain, Psycannon
Retinue – 4 x GKT, Psycannon 305pts

Elites:

Inquisitor, Psycannon
Retinue – 2 x HB Servitors, 1 x P. Cannon Servitor, 2 x Sage, 1 x Mystic 171pts

Troops:

6 x IST, 2 x P.G
Rhino, EA, SL 138pts

6 x IST, 2 x M.G
Rhino, EA, SL 138pts

Fast Attack:

8 x PAGK, Justicar 225pts

8 x PAGK, Justicar 225pts

Heavy Support:

Dreadnought, TLLC, ML, EA, SL 148pts

[FONT=&quot]Total:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1498pts

I've got a few ideas but they're probably rubbish, so if anyone can point me in the right direction when it comes to things like list balance and deep striking units, then it would be really appreciated.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
HQ:

Solid! Very very nice. I'd have this squad on the table from the get-go rather than deep-striking. Use their long range and mobility coupled with the shrouding and their tough-as-nails saves to keep 'em pounding out the hurt.

Elites:

Inquisitor, Psycannon
Retinue – 2 x HB Servitors, 1 x P. Cannon Servitor, 2 x Sage, 1 x Familiar 171pts
Almost perfect. Personally, I'd replace the Familiar with a Mystic. Same price, but the ability to target deep-strikers is more desirable than the I-boost, methinks. After all, if these guys get assaulted, they're paste anyways. Plus, you know, you do get that extra laspistol ;P.
Troops:

9 x PAGK, Justicar 250pts

9 x IST, 2 x P.G, Veteran, Teleport Homer
Chimera, S. Laser, HB, EA, SL 228pts
Again, pretty much perfect. The PAGK squad is great, and so is the IST squad if you like deep-striking. I happen to prefer footslogging all of my Knights from the beginning to maximize stormbolter spam, but to each their own. If you decide not to DS, you could always get 20 points back by dropping the Veteran. I can see the appeal of the teleport homer against the Tau, though. My only concern is that this Chimera may be taking a large amount of firepower, since you'll most likely be using range and cover to minimize incoming fire to your Dreadnoughts. This might leave your Chimera swinging in the wind, so to speak, so that's something to watch out for, particularly against the Tau.

Fast Attack:

Eeeeexelent ;Y. Again, I personally like my Knights on the table rather than reserves for a few turns, but to each their own.

Heavy Support:

Couldn't ask for better =).

Overall it looks like an excellent list! Good luck to you, and report back with any successes/failures ;).

-H

PS. Also, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Hasten, I'll probably foot slog all the GK's like you say, maximise the Storm Bolter Dakka, then drop the teleport homer and add an extra IST, the Chimera will probably need some serious luck to survive thats for sure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi, I've arranged a tournament with a few friends, it will mainly be against MEQ Tau and Marines, I haven't had any real time to play test, so this is just based on hope more than experience, Anyway, this is what I've come up with...........................

HQ:

Good, not much to say here

Elites:

Inquisitor, Psycannon
Retinue – 2 x HB Servitors, 1 x P. Cannon Servitor, 2 x Sage, 1 x Familiar 171pts

Would rather see the Familiar changed to a mystic (seriously, its awseome to get free shots)

Troops:

9 x IST, 2 x P.G, Veteran, Teleport Homer
Chimera, S. Laser, HB, EA, SL 228pts

Now here is where Im not sure, I dont really see the benefit here of a Veteran with TP, and I dont really like Chimeras either (just my own personal feelings on the subject)

I also add upeverything to 233 points here instead of 228 like you got

One idea I have is that you could drop this IST and a GK from each PA/FAGK unit (to make 8 in each)---

then you would have enough to get 2 IST with this set up::

2x 6 IST - 138 - 276
-2x Melta Gun / Plasma Gun
-Rhino, Extra Armour Smokes

Then that way both your Grey Knights are Fast Attack, and you get more bodies on the table (and a mighty 7 points left to spend lol)

Fast Attack:

Heavy Support:

Cant really complain here

[FONT=&quot]Total:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1500pts[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've got a few ideas but they're probably rubbish, so if anyone can point me in the right direction when it comes to things like list balance and deep striking units, then it would be really appreciated.[/FONT]

I personally wouldnt deepstrike anything, Its too unreliable and/or eats into too many points with Terminator Homers

your list looks alright before my opinoins, I just thought it might be more beneficial for you to get more bodies in there for tournament play (well, Ive always find you need more mobility and options for tournaments as well)

Hope it helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of splitting the IST into two sperate squads, hopefully it will make them a little more survivable, and give me more plasma dakka, I'll edit the original post.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking good so far

So know Ill give you some advice on how I think its best to use this type of force (well it is similar to mine lol)

Your Dreads are to stay back and take care of tanks - kinda obvious I know but you'd be surprised how many people Ive seen use hellfire dreads as anti-infantry :rofl

Your IST are have 2 primary roles to play which are mission dependant -- since they are the fasting moving things you have, their first role is to capture / contest objectives / table quatres and if thats not the case, or you think you've covered that part anti-infantry (again obvious, but people have tendancies to use them wrongly) - your Inquisitor is quite obviously anti-infantry / horde

Your Grey Knights are reaction forces, they go where there needed (keep em in cover if you can) and I would keep them close together as well) -- if you feel comfotable and the mission is objective based then feel free to deepstrike them in near the objectives turn 4 onwards for a sneaky lasy minute capture / contest

If you get time (and havnt already) read The Bolter and Chainsword (Powered by Invision Power Board) : A 40k Space Marine Resource its an extreamlly well done guide to how to use Daemonhunters and has helped me understand my army to no end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.