Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will be fighting my brothers Dark Angels Ravenwing army 95% of the matches I play. He generally fields a Razorback with some troops in it, a Land Raider Crusader with troops and his HQ with power weapon. A 5 or 6 man mixed terminator squad, a dreadnought, about 6 bikes and a land speeder tornado.

=HQ=
Farseer-120
-Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones
-Usually used to assist my wraithlord

Farseer-120
-Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones
-No defined roll yet, but usually follows my foot-sloggers to anything that needs to die really quickly

=Troops=
10Dire Avengers-167
-Exarch, Bladestorm, Defend, 2x Shuriken Catapults

10Dire Avengers-167

10Dire Avengers-167
-All avengers are used to primarily hit the front lines and chew up any infantry, and bike squads that are approaching

=Fast Attack=

6Warp Spiders-149
-Exarch, 2x Death Spinners, Power Blades
-Used to eat AV12 and under vehicles and all-around infantry killer (even terminators if the harlies can't get to them)

=Elites=

6Fire Dragons-96
-Falcon Transport
-Tank and terminator hunters

7Harlequins-184
-Shadowseer
-7Harlequin's kiss
-Terminator and occasionally AV12 armor hunters

=Heavy Support=

Wraithlord-155
-Eldar Missile Launcher
-Bright Lance
-Tank hunter

Falcon-175
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Scatter Laser
-Fire Dragon transport

TOTAL-1500

Open to suggestions, the farseers I have a feeling need to be changed up or replaced. Feel free to add things I don't own though

Units that I own in addition to this list
-42 Guardians(1 heavy weapon platform)
-6 Rangers
-4 More Fire Dragons
-2 Warlocks
-4 More Warp Spiders(1 is an Exarch)
-4 Dark Reapers
-6 Striking Scorpions(1 is an Exarch)
-Autarch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Like the look of the list lots of avengers is always a good start you also have 2 dedicated tank hunting units with a decent smattering of S6 fire. With the farseers I don't know how useful guide is on them, seen as how most of your models are BS4 at least, I guess it would make that blade storm that much more nasty but in my experience an unguided bladestorm at a doomed target is enough in most cases. Maybe swap out the 2 farseers for eldrad who is 30pts cheaper, has divination, T4 so isn't insti-killed by daemonic attacks, has runes of warding (if your brother has a librarian could come in handy), a 3+ invul save and ignores saves in combat. Of coarse you are only getting to cast 3 powers a turn instead of 4 but he has ALL the powers for any situation. He is the swiss army knife of farseers. And you could use the pts to get an extra cannon fodder harlie or 2 (ones without kisses)to soak up casualties or withdraw on your spiders and a shuriken cannon on your falcon.

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revised list

After a few hours of thinking about what each unit was doing, I changed some abilites around to pay for different upgrades and a few new models.

=HQ=
Farseer-88
-Runes of Witnessing, Guide, Singing Spear
-The guide for my Wraithlord which seems to like missing his shots alot, despite having a BS of 4.

Farseer-133
-Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Mind War, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear
-Augments my foot troops and singles out HQ/Veterans with mind war so my other troops can clean up the rest

=Troops=
10 Dire Avengers-152
-Exarch, 2x Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm
-Throw enough shots at anything that isn't toughness 8 or higher, and it will die eventually

10 Dire Avengers-152

10 Dire Avengers-152

=Elites=
7 Harlequins-184
-Shadowseer
-7 Harlequin's Kiss
-High threat and under AV13 hunters

6 Fire Dragons-96
-Falcon Transport
-Tank hunters

=Fast Attack=
8 Warp Spiders-203
-Surprise Assault
-Exarch
-Exarch Death Spinner
-Light armor and high threat hunters, similar role to Harlequin's but usually go for tanks first where as the Harlequin's go for CC squads I find difficult to kill with the rest of my army if they get too close. I added 2 of them because I could find nothing else to spend 44 points on and more S6 shots never hurt anyone(well except my opponent)

=Heavy Support=
Wraithlord-155
-Eldar Missile Launcher
-Bright Lance
-Tank hunter

Falcon-185
-Scatter Laser
-Shuriken Cannon
-Holo-fields
-Spirit Stones
-Fire Dragon transport and MEQ killer(could kill a tank with the pulse laser, but highly unlikely due to BS 3 and only 2 shots, seems kind of a waste of a shooting phase)

TOTAL-1500pts

·
It came from the warp...
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem, not sure why you think you annoyed me, I personally was thinking of changing up the farseers and adding a shuriken cannon to the falcon's underside anyways. I just felt that my current list needed a bit of shuffling around to keep from wasting points on things that will never see their full potential(farseer with guide and doom sitting in the back with a wraithlord anyone?).

P.S. I started the revision before you had posted, I just took your farseer suggestions and used them to distribute the last few hundred points to where they needed to be.

·
Registered
177 Posts
ehmmm, okay you are playing against ravenwing with 30 dire avengers on foot. the fact that they are on foot is sin number one. ravenwing with a crusader, terminators and a land speeder. that should be about 4 assault cannons so you can kiss your avengers goodbye. secondly if he's ravenwing, then he's got bikes. unless you can absolutely be sure that you can negate his maneouvrability with your shooting your ****ed. if he can get rid of your tanks then he wins full stop. the ability to move 12 and rapid fire is enough for him to throw everything at the same time at you and you wouldn't be able to handle it. secondly your falcon doesn't need to shoot at tanks becuase the dragons inside will do the trick. otherwise it's fine. well actually make sure your wraithlord is moving towards the enemy so the farseer gets to use his witnessing, you can doom and guide with ease.
some of your logic is odd though, anything toughness 8 or higher should be smacked in the face by the harlequins not the avengers. otherwise I like the army but make sure you use the units accordingly. e.g. a lot of units are good anti-tank, but make sure you fire the ones that aren't Anti-personnel first. I would wish you godspeed since I like Eldar and am collecting them this year, but Dark Angels were my first ever army so go easy on each other, my heart can't take it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I personally think Dire avengers are a waste but thats just me. What caught my eye was the comment on your Harley's. You stated that they would hunt AV12...You can also tear the Raider up with them. On the charge against the raider you would have 28 hits. Thats some good possibilities of rending right there.

My 2 lincolns.

O.T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.