Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ah ha! 2nd report with the Dune howlers. This time it’s their first game on their home planet! (The board at my house) again I was supposed to be playing ‘nids but unfortunately due to my opponent getting worse for wear rather quickly I played some Marines.

To be fair to him his game isn’t really 40k its fantasy and his list isn’t really designed for 5th Ed. Anyway his list…..

HQ:
Captain, Powerfist, Bolter, Hellfire rounds

TROOPS:
Tactical Squad, power Fist, M-Launcher, Flamer
Tactical Squad, M-Launcher, Plasma Gun

FAST:
5 Assault Marines, 2 Plasma Pistols, P-Weapon

ELITES:
5 terminators, Assault Cannon

HEAVY:
-Vindicator, Extra Armour, Siege Shield.
-Predator. Twin Lascannons
-5 Devastators, 4 M-Launchers

My list can be found here –
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/lord-borak/

The Board - Unfortunatly I didn't take any pictures during the game so you'll have to mak do with Paint. Fear my Paint skills!!! Yes my board really IS purple. The strange Black circly star things are craters. The Grey shapes with Black around them are pools. If you look at the link to my blog theres a proper picture of the board there.

Mission – Annihilation,
Set up – the 12” pitch battle one.
I set up first and go first………but I don’t. The git seized the initiative.

MARINES TURN 1,
Movement - The Vindicator trundles forward and everything else stays as is.
Shooting – The Vindicator fires at the Sentinel squad in front of the CCS Chimera. It scatters right on top of the CCS Chimera, blowing it up. 1 CCS Vet dies to the blast. Luckily they’re not pinned. The Devastator Squad fires at the other Sentinel squadron and take the gun off one sentinel.

GUARD TURN 1,
Movement – Unlike the cowardly renegades my boys advance. All the Chimeras moving forward 6 inches. The Bane Wolves burn it 12 inches to hide behind the hill on my right.
Shooting, Chimeras and Sentinels open up on the Devastators. 3 Die and the others break and flee off the board. Hurrah! The Hydra on the Right targets the side armour of the Predator on my left immobilising it and taking the gun off. The Hydra on the left opens up on the side armour of the Vindicator on the right stunning it.

MARINES TURN 2
Movement – terminators show up. The Assault marines move up to support the Terminators. The Vindicator moves back a bit.
Shooting – The Tactical Squads open up on the Sentinels and stun 1. The Terminators fire on the side armour of the Sentinels with their assault cannons and…do nothing. That’s it for shooting!

GUARD TURN 2.
Movement – the Bane Wolves Zoom Round the hill ready to unleash death on the unsuspecting Tactical Marine Squad 2. Everything else stays as is.
Shooting - The Bane Wolves unleash H-Flamers and Chem cannons on the Tactical squad killing every single last renegade. Everything pummels shots at the terminators and kill the Sergeant. Something, probably a hydra, stuns the Vindicator again

MARINES TURN 3
Movement – The Vindicator Rams a Bane Wolf and does nothing. The Terminators and assault Marines move forward, ready to assault Vets 1 Chimera and the Sentinel Squadron.
Shooting – The Assault Marines kill the Flamer Vets Chimera but luckily I pass 6 Armour saves out of 6!!!! Nothing else happens.
Assault – Terminators assault the Sentinels and kill one. The Assault Marines are now out of range as they killed the Chimera.

GUARD TURN 3.
Movement – The Bane Wolves move up to take the hurt to the Last Tactical Squad. The unengaged Sentinels move up to shoot the side armour of the Vindicator. The Flamer Vets dash through the wreckage of their Chimera to unleash their Flamers upon the Assault Marines.
Shooting – The Sentinels Stun the Vindicator again. The Flamer Vets kill 3 of the Assault Marines. The Bane Wolf that can fire unleashes Flame and Chem on the Tactical Marines. Killing ALL of them.
Assault – The Terminators kill both Sentinels.

MARINE TURN 4:
Movement – The Terminators move forward getting ready to kill Vet Squads 3’s Chimera on the Hill. The Assault Marines move forward to assault Vet Squad 1. The Commander now rather annoyed at the Bane Wolves moves forward to assault them.
Shooting – The last 2 Assault Marines kill 2 Vets with Plasma.
Assault – The Commander needing 6’s to hit and fails with all of them. The Terminators assault and kill Vet2’s Chimera, the explosion kills 4 Guardsmen. The Assault marines Charge in. Between the 2 Marines they kill 2 Vets and the Vets kill both Marines in return! Hurrah!!!

GUARD TURN 4:
Movement – Everything converges on the Terminators, Even the footslogging CCS. The Bane Wolves move 18inches away from the angry Commander.
Shooting – Everything shoots at the Terminators and after the smoke clears none of them are left standing. A Hydra stuns the Vindicator again.

MARINE TURN 5:
Only 2 models left now. The Commander realises he’s actually a Chapter Master and uses this Orbital Bombardment and splats a Bane Wolf. The Vindicator rams a Sentinel and…..stuns itself! HA!!!

GUARD TURN 5:
It’s pretty much over now. Vet Squad 2 move forward and kill the commander with their Melta guns. The CCS uses “bring it down” with their Plasma guns on the side armour of the Vindicator and kill it.

KILL TALLY:
Marines – Totally Annihilated - 8KP
Guard – Lost 3 Chimeras and a Sentinel squadron - 4KP

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Thanks for uploading the report, mate! :) Congratulations on the victory.

I am not going to comment on my battle-brother's list and tactics. My lip hurts from biting it, but I guess it's just hard coming from a game where shooting means nothing and then facing the embodiment of shootiness.
Well, good job winning again! Hooray for humanity - no, wait: you killed the marines. Er...

How can a vindicator stun itself from ramming even an armoured sentinel? The vindicator could suffer a S6 hit against its front armor at worst (charging a full 12" and hitting the sentinel in the front), which can't even glance AV13?

And a note on the board: pretty mean of you, having lots of cover (for your fragile units) but not having any place that blocks line of sight so the enemy can't ever hide from your guns... very mean of you! :p

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And a note on the board: pretty mean of you, having lots of cover (for your fragile units) but not having any place that blocks line of sight so the enemy can't ever hide from your guns... very mean of you! :p

Actually my opponent brought round lots of scenery to the games night AND he set the board up.......he just didn't use any buildings so it's not my fault :p As for his tactics, well as i said it's not his game.....

They were renegade Marines......renegade i say! RENEGADE!!!! At least thats what i'm telling the Inquisition anyway ;)

Hopefully I'll play that Purple Nid army at some point..... I think they'd look rather Francy on my Purple board.

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
They were renegade Marines......renegade i say! RENEGADE!!!!
Well then, what can I say? "Kill 'em! Kill 'em all!" ;)

Looking forward to your game against your homeplanet's "pet Nids". Purple in purple - maybe you could get some pictures, that'd be really neat.

And hey: if your Space Marine buddy seeks any advice (from setting up the board in his favor to army composition to tabletop tactics) feel free to point him to me. He can contact me via e-mail too, in case he's not an LO member (which I assume he isn't): Nebula-Raiders (at) gmx (dot) net ...

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myself and a more cometatively minded friend sat down with him and re-worked his Marine army after the game. He'd learnt from his mistakes and hopefully will improve his list. He's now got some Rhino's and some drop podding Stern Guard in there now.
I've helped him alot with his Fantasy army previously and now his Fantasy Vampires are feared by everyone (including me). If you want i'll email you his list so you can make sure it's all ship shape.

I'll deffinatly get some pics of that game. Just to show off his nids. They're rather nice with some cool conversions in there. I can't wait to burn them to death with my Heavy Flamers and Hell Hounds. BURN!!!!

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Myself and a more cometatively minded friend sat down with him and re-worked his Marine army after the game.
Oh, alright! Good job. :)
If you want i'll email you his list so you can make sure it's all ship shape.
No, it's fine. I trust you. ;)

I'll deffinatly get some pics of that game. Just to show off his nids.
And hopefully your own guys too! They're sweet, can't see enough of them. Yay for eye-candy!

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations on your 1000th Post mate ;)

Aye will do matey will do. The whole army is almost finished now, just 20 guys to go and it's all done. I've got some pics up in my Blog of the (almost) Finished army. the link is the same one at the top with the army lists.

As for my Showcase army......thats er..not going so fast. Glacial in it's speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.