Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all been tweaking my list, heres the latest version...

HQ
Command Squad Newbrook - 2x Grenade Launchers and Company Banner - 75pts

Cannoness Elisa - Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Cloak of St Aspira and Frags - 92pts
5 Celestian Bodyguard - 2 x Meltas and Immolator - 150pts

Troops
Platoon Command Tindell - Pfist and 4 x Flamers - 65pts
3 x Squads (Keylock, Dutfield and Harding) Autocannon and Grenade Launcher - 195pts

Veteran Squad Chwalinski - 3 x Meltas and Chimera (ML + HF) - 155pts

Sisters of Battle Squad Katherine - Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius, Flamer, Heavy Flamer and Rhino with Extra Armour - 202pts

Fast Attack

Seraphim Squad Joane (6) - Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius and 2 x Hand Flamers - 161pts

Heavy Support
2 Demolishers with Hull Flamers -310 (Unsquadroned)
Hydra Flak Tank

1500pts Exactly...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Interesting twist and cudos for actually doing something different!

Now, I do think that the standard Cannoness with Evis, Jump Pack and Cloak would work better and give your army a very mobile tank buster (I've been thinking about includinf one myself). But, in all respect, I think another unit of Sisters would serve you better than the Celestians + Cannoness. The 40pts left over could be used to give a Seraphim Veteran an Eviscerator for some tank killing versitality.

Good luck in your games! ^^

Cheers ^^

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally she was gonna be a jumpy cannoness but I couldn't find the extra 20 points, I might try trimming something to fit it on her so she can float around splatting things.

I see the Seraphim as more close-in shooting (anti-infantry) than assaulting much so not much need for the big chainsaw.

While the celestians may be a slightly worse option than regular sisters normally, I think they make a reasonably compact anti-tank squad (a similar role sisters squad is roughly 220pts), gives me an extra faith point without having to spend on a veteran and also are the only way I can crowbar a (rather pretty) immolator into the list.

The army has a slightly city-fighting theme, hence the plethora of blast, flame and melta weapons.

Any ideas where I can save a few points to get Elisa a jump-pack?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
You could loose the P-Fist in the PCS as, lets face it, if those guys get in combat they'll be dead meat anyway.then you'll only need to drop 5pts. A flamer on the PCS as well maybe?

I really like your list. It's effective and yet driven more by fluff than anything else. The fact that you've named everyone of rank in your list makes me happy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Borak, although I must confess while fluff does play a part in my 'listing' process the names are rather simplistic :p The guard officers are named after instructors from my army cadet days (at the proper rank and everything...) and the sisters are just slightly french and saint-y sounding names from the top of my head. I did try thinking up some more detailed back story than they're a cityfighting coalition of guard and sisters who like hot weapons but it just kept coming out like Herodor from Sabbat Martyr from the ghosts books. Then I would have had to include the saint to inspire the grunts and shes quite expensive (and not nearly as hard as Sabbat who eats baneblades...)

But I guess I can lose the pfist - the jumping cannoness is more combat effective - and 3 flame templates will burn things nearly as much as 4. I was wondering whether I should give Elisa a better ranged weapon, seeing as the BP doesn't really do much and doesn't add to combat ability, maybe a combi-melta/flamer?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
See now thats even better! You Sergeants and what not come with Characters of their own already. So you can get people killed you don't like ;) Or play the squad like the Character of the Sergeants (cowardly or a maniac)

A Combi/Flamer sounds good to me. It's nice and Burny which suits the Sisters spot on. Plus it makes her useful against Hoards. The other option open to you is to just not bother with a gun at all. She doesn't get a bonus is combat and most things she want to get in combat with a bolt pistol can't hurt anyway.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See now if that was the case one of my sgts is a shy bugger, one is a bit of a nutter (who should be able to give orders, he tried enough in RL :p) one would follow a squad of sisters like he was stuck to them (serial womaniser and a touch predatory on younger ladies...) and the platoon commander would fail rolls for everything because he is sooooo inept :p

Not sure about not giving the cannoness a gun at all, I would be worried about her being kited around the field not doing anything...

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
really like the list, I would pretty much go with what lord borak said.

are you using heavy bolters or heavy flamers on the immolator? I know the heavy flamers are sweet since they can fire at 12" but the heavy bolter with blessed ammunition is pretty nice too, it eats GEQ's for breakfast, lunch and dinner all game long because it can really reach out and touch someone, while still ignoring cover. Having the flamers will be nice if your celestians pop a transport, but its just something to consider (if you go that route I'd get the 10 pts from 2 line GL's)

Another thing to consider is not giving your cannonness any sort of gun or frag (since she'll be striking at I1 anyway) and give her an auspex. At the beginning of the game start her with one of your line squads (or the blob of them) and it's a slight deterrent to infiltrating too close.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Using the standard flamers because I want it to be more mobile. I see the the immo as a cool looking upgraded rhino, transport first really. Also the upgrade means shaving more points from my fairly frugal list...

What does the auspex do again?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Basically you get to roll 4d6" meassured from the Auspex and any infiltrators within that range your unit gets a free shot at before the game. Atleast thats whats it used to be.... you might want to double check that as it's been many a year since i've used one.

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
I'm pretty sure they can, they just have to walk on foot, or only jump 6"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.