Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just go a bunch of nids from a friend leaving the hobby. Looked like it couldnt have been a better time with the new codex coming out. But i have no idea the first thing about tyranids so i built a list based off the models I have and want to run it past some vets for help on changes so i can start playing them asap. Dont want to just throw something on the table and start my nid army off with a bad rep so here goes:

HQ:
1 Hive tyrant- bonesword+lash, venom cannon, toxin sacs, enhanced senses, warp field
2 Hive guard

Elites:
3 warriors- rending claws, scything talons, leaping, EC

3 warriors- rending claws, scything talons, leaping, EC

Troops:
12 Hormies

12 hormies

16 termas- fleshborers

16 termas- fleshborers

8 genestealers- EC, Scuttlers, hooks

Heavy Support:
2 Zoanthropes- Warpblast, synaps

2 Carnifexes- 2x scything talons, + WS adrenal, EC

Plan is too assault in waves. charge up the hormies with the warriors lil behind for coverage and added assualt, and have the fexes bringing up behind them. Then the waves of Termies with the tyrant and zoans, to hold objectives and mop up. the genestealers are a outflanking monkey wrench in my oppnents manuverability and generally just something really scary for him to think about. lol

Please help with tips and tactics, want to get this army up and started b4 the new release. I will buy new models if need be.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
hmm, this list isnt brilliant at the mo, but here my opinion

Tyrant is poor, you either want a shooty one with 2TL devourers or a combat one with 2 tallons wings and warpfeild.

Warriors arnt great, too few attacks for what they do and too expensive. Deathspitter warriors are your best bet.

Hormies need toxin sacs. Never feild them without these, use their massive charge to catch things unawares, or glance the heck out of rear Av 10 vehicles. No-one sees that coming :dance:

No complaints about the termaguants

Genestealers want feeder tendrils, not hooks.

Zoans on paper are great, but tend to be a bit lack luster, but thats up to you. Dont know if you know this but theyre moving to elites, so bear that in mind.

Fexs could have more upgrades on them, chitin is always good, and you wont go wrong with the other AG and toxin sacs either.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HQ:
1 Hive Tyrant- 2x scything talons, adrenal glands (WS), Flesh hooks, Wings, toxin sacs, toxic miasma

Elites:
3 warriors- scything talons, 2 deathspitters, 1 VC, EC, toxin sacs, enhanced senses

3 warriors- scything talons, 2 deathspitters, 1 VC, EC, toxin sacs, enhanced senses

Troops:
16 Hormies- toxin sacs

16 hormies- toxin sacs

16 termas- fleshborers

16 termas- fleshborers

8 genestealers- EC, Scuttlers, tendrils

Heavy Support:

2 Carnifexes- 2x scything talons, + WS adrenal, EC, reinforced chitin, toxin sacs

Better? Worse? worried about synaptic coverage for the Hormies now. and y would i give the fexes the (I) adrenal glands? That would still only put them at I 2...

and should i drop the number of hormies back down for another unit of stealers or warriors?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Much better, just a couple of adjustments

Tyrant needs warp feild, otherwise he just wont survive.

Warriors are good, but drop the Vc for a BS (theres coflicting thoughts on this one, but i say BS) and you dont need enhanced senses, 1" of scatter wont help much.

As far as horms are concernd, i say to put them into 1 squad of 20-25, then use the excess points elsewhere. 2 squads will be fast, but will likly bounce off quite a bit.

Stealers and terms are good

The reason to give the fexs I2 is 3 fold. The main reason is you out speed powerfists and hammers, killing a termi with one of them before it can hit back is great. The second reason is for sweeping, although I2 isnt great, it offers a lot of power VS crons, and guard, should they get a low roll. The 3rd and very specific reason is Jaws of the World Wolf, but that shouldnt come up too often, so dont worry too much.

If you consolidate the hormies into 1 squad of 20 that should leave you 192 points to play with, enough to get warpfeild, the fex upgrades and 1 squad of 8 WoN spineguants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.