Pariahs x9
324PTS

Heavy support: Heavydestroyers x4
Monolith
495PTS

Hq: Necron Lord with warscythe and resurrection orb
150 PTS

1509 PTS

List is for marines. There is one or two land raiders 2 or 3 squads of terminators and some weaker units. Thats why in my list are pariahs, lots of heavy destroyers and monolith. List work like this 1 squad of warriors stay with heavy destroyers and 2 squads cover pariahs and heavy destroyers fire the landraider with monolith. I dont take destroyers because they are quite useless. Anybody knows any other ways kill terminators? Does pariah kill terminator with out any save?

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
For against Terminator heavy marines with landraider backup, I feel this list could do reasonably well. In a general sense, you'd have major problems against massed infantry.

Pariahs make an absolute joke out of terminators, being stripped of not only their low armor save but ALSO their invulnerable save (which can be really nasty due to storm shields) and wounding them on a 3+ is almost TOO mean. But they have powerfists, so I don't feel bad. If the entire unit is lightning claws, i would be weary. Also when it comes down to it, pariahs aren't half bad against Tactical Marines either, in fact they kill them just as well as they do terminators, with less harsh repercussions (one powerfist in the squad, as opposed to four of them and a power sword)

Generally I deal with terminators by lining my warriors up and shooting them 40-60 odd times in one turn, tends to kill them off. Destroyers can also work to put some wounds downfield. Honestly three destroyers have ROUGHLY the same chance of putting a wound on terminators as two heavy destroyers do (granted they aren't TH/SS).

Let the heavy destroyers do their thing. They don't need to be babysat by warriors, just run them away if things get to close. Put all the warriors around the lord/pariah unit with monolith backup to form our phalanx, so they can't try and take on just one element of your army at a time.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I would say that 9 pariahs are too much when coupled with a monolith - one or the other will work best.

As for pariahs killing terminators? On paper they do but in reality they struggle to do it successfully - they will kill a couple and then die horribly to any survivors. That said if you can combo them properly with the heavy destroyers it should be doable against normal terminators, not so much agaisnt storm shield ones (that 3+ is a real problem for necrons).

Plus c'tan generally curbstomp marines - what do they care about assault terminators or powerfists?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pariahs die fast to terminators??? Pariahs get well be back with lord and terminators going down easily.Pariahs are strong. Monolith shoots land raider and cover pariahs. I think i need it so much with landraider which is strong. What should i take to kill terminators? Scrab swarms? :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thats all good and well, should do the trick.

But what do you mean by pariahs getting WBB with a lord?
They don't even get WBB in the first place because they are not 'necron' and the WBB rule does not apply to them.

Sorry if that shattered your fantasy but better finding out here than on the day.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
If pariahs got WBB (therefore counting as Necrons), I'm pretty sure everyone ever would take them.
Pariahs squash terminators, but terminators squash pariahs even better. Only advantage the Pariahs have is initiative. Honestly pariahs are best used against lighter targets (like tactical squads.)

C'tan are good against just about any army. As long as the Marine player isn't running sternguard, a Deceiver or Nightbringer would actually be more worthwhile than the Pariahs. On that note, Pariahs would get shredded by sternguard as well. Pariahs can be gunned down by anti-infantry fire, they are hardly tougher than warriors against things without low AP (and weaker against the things that do have low AP).

Fielding two "Super Units" (i.e. C'tan, Pariahs, Monoliths) in 1500 points is iffy. It leaves you with a lower phase out, less dedicated shooting, and for the most part your army becomes slower from it as well. The reason I said this list was good was only because of the army you are facing, and honestly I'm not a fan of list tailoring in the first place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody for advices. I quess pariahs kill 5 terminators at one turn, and if not lord helps. Phase out is my biggest problem. Warriors just have to survive. Thanks again i keep my list same but i change my strategy: Heavy destroyers stay back and covers from dreadnaughts and landraider, all other units stay together and attack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.