Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to start a competative Chaos Daemons army but not really sure were to start. This is something I came up with mixing all the powers. Full on troops and killing power for variety. Seems to be lacking in anti-vehicle though (big problem with daemons) and as most armies are mech now im a lil concerned.

Any advice on how to make the list better? What changes would you make? Any and all critiques welcome!

1500 Pts - Chaos Daemons

HQ:
1 Keeper of Secrets @ 230 Pts
Instrament, Unholy might, Tansfixing gaze

Elite:
3 Flamers of Tzeentch @ 105 Pts

3 Flamers of Tzeentch @ 105 Pts

3 Fiends of Slaanesh @ 100 Pts
Unholy might

Troops:
10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 160 Pts

10 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 160 Pts

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh @ 140 Pts

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh @ 140 Pts

5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle @ 100 Pts
Icon

5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle @ 100 Pts
Icon

Heavy Support: 160
1 Soul Grinder of Chaos: togue

Total Roster Cost: 1500

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Nix the Daemonettes, icons, and Flamers, get more Fiends. Swap the Grinder for another KoS.

You need speedy murder units to get into assault quickly, Fiends do this best. Keepers give you some extra beef against armored targets and they can do mean things themselves with Pavane and their fast movement.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this but i ajdusted my list after a lil study and came up with something else. Still like to have all troop slots filled for objectives and I have the daemonettes models but I made two lists so you guys choose and give me ur opinion on how i can make it better from your experience. Want to start daemons soon thou i dont see GW giving them much attention in the future they deffinately look fun.

HQ: Lord of Change

Elites: 5 fiends of slaanesh- unholy

4 Flamers of tzeench

Troops: 5 plaguebearers

5 plaguebearers

15 bloodletters

15 bloodletters

Heavy support: 2 Soul grinders- phlegm

OR

HQ: Lord of Change

Elites: 5 fiends of slaanesh

Troops: 5 plaguebearers- Icon

5 plaguebearers

10 bloodletters

10 bloodletters

10 daemonettes

10 daemonettes

Heavy support: 2 Soulgrinders- phlegm

Opinions? Im going for just pure competitiveness here. no fluff

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
I'd avoid the Lord of Change. For the points he isn't very shooty. 2 Tzeentch Heralds on chariots dish out more firepower for cheaper.

You don't really need to max out Troops. 3-4 units of PBs suffice for objective holders, leaving you plenty to spend on good stuff like Fiends.

Don't bother with icons, they don't work on your first wave and you should have plenty of speedy units that don't need icons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what I rekon is 5 plague bearers alone are pointless drop them and maube get another 1 or 2 fiends.pr put your 2 sqads of bearers together.drp the unholy might if you can on the keeper of secrets and also what I never without is muscians they can do some nice work! then again going through the posts ==ME== is right you could drop the KOS and get a skulltaker and/or a masque.Ya 2 soulgrinders with phlegm is leathal I rekon you go for it!stay with 2 squds of 3 flamers each is extreamly leathal.Well ya thats about all I have to say

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
5 PBs are plenty survivable, just run into cover on an objective and GtG
Sorry, I just have this image of a bunch of Plaguebearers inside some brush and one tripping over a root which in turn causes the rest of them to topple over right as a bunch of lascannon shots fly over their heads xD

Also, Zeralds are better then a Lord of Change. 10 wounds in a single HQ slot and that's just the start and I think flamers work best in packs of three.

·
143 Posts
A single grinder will cause a) your opponent to cheer, and b) you to cry. Either take them in pairs, or swap him for a DP of tzeentch, with gaze and bolt.
----------
clearly missed LG's second post. I'll be quiete now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.