Rhino, smoke launchers, extra armour

Fast
4 Space Marine Bikers 148pts
2 x meltagun

Total 1501pts

I have two major concerns with this list:
1, the rhino assault wont work
2, not enough anti tank

I've considered doing the footslogging thing (dumping the rhinos would give me another squad of marines) or maybe dumping the bikes, this would leave me with even less anti tank, but give me enough points for a tank, I wouldnt really know what to do for a HQ then...

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
You got enough anti tank. But not enough anti infantry unless you plant on assaulting all the time. One question for you. Does each squad have a rhino? If so your list looks like it can do some serious damage unless your going against a well built mob army.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Each squad is mounted in a Rhino with smoke launchers and extra armour.

I'm just concerned about the numbers, 40 men isnt a lot.. maybe its cause I usually play tyranids.

·
Registered
193 Posts
good list for assaulty marines. But your right, rhino assaults don't realy work so well, they are used more for shooty armies... kinda. If I were you, drop the rhinos and instead put all of the marines in drop pods, and also the dread in a drop pod too. With the extra 80 points, I'd either pump up your caiptain, or add in a land speeder tornado

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got creamed by an IG army of plasma and basilisk doom...
So now I'm looking at drop pods, and sorta rethinking Furious Assault, but I should probably test it against marines first.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Grobass I think with that list a drop pod list will work pretty well. But an ig army I thought you wouldn't do to well, but still thought you would stand a chance. Now drop pod list for you would be pretty fun right by the enemy to start murdering them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.