127pts

8x Noise Marines; 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster
235 pts

8x 1k Sons; (incl. Sorc.), Bolt of change
245 pts

8x Raptors; IoS, 2x melta, AC w/ lightning claws

6x Havocs; 3x missile launchers
150 pts

3pts left, Teleporter homer for Sorc or DP already taken out. If melta is used both DP and sorc take Teleporter homer

1500pts

Model count: 44

I'm looking at fielding an army similar to this at 500pts and then again at 750pts etc using all the same models in this army. But wanted to know what your opinions where on the final result of this one. This will be my first chaos army and I love the units / models in this one. And from what I've read its usually either go heavy on tanks or don't bother. Since just giving the infantry squads rhino's and taking no Preds in heavy support will mean its easier for the enemy's anti tank weapons to take a breath of fresh air and just destroy the transports.

Also I like the whole "all infantry approach". The main thing that sprung to mind was "World eaters in rhino's" heavy assault army out close combating me (is that even a word)

So I thought the inclusion of a havoc squad with all 3 troop choices the raptors and the sorcerer having some way of dealing with light Armour each should help out with that. MEQ killing looks pretty good imo. And Noise marines should be fun against horde armies. Also I took the 8 plain marines since from what I understand of the army book they count as having both close combat weapons and a bolter :D which should make them decent at repelling light assaults instead of using the raptors as over kill. Which is good since noise marines and 1k sons don't look like the kind of thing you want bogged down in combat.

Would love to hear and comments or criticism (constructive) of this list and what you think about it :D

eckyl

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Sorcerer; w/ MoS + flight + Lash of Submission, Melta Bombs
150 pts

DP; w/ MoT + wings + warp time + wind of chaos
205 pts

4x Terminators; 4x combi plasma
140 pts

8x Marines; IoCG (Or swap for melta)
127pts

8x Noise Marines; 7x sonic blasters, 1x blastmaster
235 pts

8x 1k Sons; (incl. Sorc.), Bolt of change
245 pts

8x Raptors; IoS, 2x melta, AC w/ lightning claws

6x Havocs; 3x missile launchers
150 pts

3pts left, Teleporter homer for Sorc or DP already taken out. If melta is used both DP and sorc take Teleporter homer

1500pts

Model count: 44
Drop the claws of the Raptor and replace with a powerfist, the power fist is far superior to the claws, more kills allows you to still use the bolt pistol and also allows you to attack vehicles which you should be attacking with the meltaguns.

The thousand sons sorc should have doom bolt not bolt of change, doom bolt meshes better with the anti MEQ purpose of the rest of the squad. Same for the noise marines, they are multitasking with the blastmaster and the sonic blasters.

The army lacks anti tank, i believe there are too many points locked up in the HQ slots, squads are multitasking which they shouldnt do, a squad should aim to fulfill one role, either anti infantry or anti tank.

I dont mean to be harsh or 'flame' you but the list needs some work.

Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
The squad of 8 marines don't really have a purpose. I'd swap em out for more cult marines.

That kind of noise marine configuration is similar to what I use. It works - the blastmaster really helps against power armoured enemies.

I'd also recommend getting rid of one of the HQs in favor of more bodies, but that's a matter of playing style.

List looks alright. The only problem I see is those 'naked' marines. :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts