Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Darkmakers
1500pts

Heres my army list for my Undead themed army that I will likely take to the GT this year tell me what you think?

HQ
160 - Deamon Prince Sharazad: Wings, Mark of Nurgle and Doombolt.
(Basic Prince tactics use cover to hide him from heavy weapons and close in for the kill and likely draw fire away from the rhinos)

TROOPS
267 - Darkmaker Korell: Champion with Powerfist, 8 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Melta Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
53 - Korell’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.

277 - Darkmaker Sindri: Champion with Powerfist, 8 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Plasma Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
53 - Sindri’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
(These guys drive forward as much as possible using available cover and my deamon prince as a distraction before opening up on the enemy

219 - Darkmaker Tru’kai: Champion Sorcerer with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, 9 Death Spirits (Thousand Sons) all with Mark Of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolts, Sorcerer Commands, Slow and Purposeful and Fearless!
50 - Tru’kai’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
(This unit’s role is to support the two Death Guard units)

FAST ATTACK
260 - Darkmaker Zaceria: 9 Raptors with Icon Of Nurgle and 1 Champion with Powerfist.
(Support the Deamon Prince’s advance or the other units)

HEAVY SUPPORT
150 - Predator: Autocannon, 2 Lascannon Sponsons and Deamonic Possession.
(Your standard anti tank support role)

Total: 1499
No: 39 (4)

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
looks pretty good.. how come the rhinos are 53pts? also i got a different point value for the raptors might wanna double check it..

Finally what happened to the defiler idea? IMO i liked that better than the predator.

otherwise good job, go undead marines! :p

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
HQ 160 - Deamon Prince Sharazad: Wings, Mark of Nurgle and Doombolt.

Not bad.

TROOPS
267 - Darkmaker Korell: Champion with Powerfist, 8 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Melta Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
53 - Korell’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.

277 - Darkmaker Sindri: Champion with Powerfist, 8 Undead (Death Guard) Marines, 2 Plasma Guns, 7 with Boltguns all with close combat weapon, bolt pistol, Krak and Frag Grenades, Fearless and Feel No Pain!
53 - Sindri’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
(These guys drive forward as much as possible using available cover and my deamon prince as a distraction before opening up on the enemy

219 - Darkmaker Tru’kai: Champion Sorcerer with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, 9 Death Spirits (Thousand Sons) all with Mark Of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolts, Sorcerer Commands, Slow and Purposeful and Fearless!
50 - Tru’kai’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour.
(This unit’s role is to support the two Death Guard units)
What power does the sorcerer have? He MUST have atleast one.

[QUOTE]
FAST ATTACK
260 - Darkmaker Zaceria: 9 Raptors with Icon Of Nurgle and 1 Champion with Powerfist.
[/QUOTE]
THis squad needs some meltaguns. ITs not really going to be that effective with just its normal weapons.

HEAVY SUPPORT
150 - Predator: Autocannon, 2 Lascannon Sponsons and Deamonic Possession.
Bad choice with the DP, dont take it as you are reducing the effectivness of your only long range AT unit.

This army lacks AT power at range. The single predator is your lynch pin of the army. If it falls then you relly upon getting close with the meltaguns or the DP.

Dan

·
Registered
193 Posts
hello,

the armyu looks good. but i was woundering on the points for the Tzeench squade, i think they are 23 pts each and the scocerer is like 60pts thats 8x23 + 60 = 244
so i am a little confused. Also he needs a power to help the squade out.

Rhinos are 50 with EA.

besides these little issues te army looks good, although at 1500 i would have 8 man squads not 9

Keep up the good work and i hope this helps:party:

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Redone

Thanks for the suggestions and noticing those points mistakes, here a revised list with the correct points amount.

HQ
150 - Deamon Prince Sharazad: Wings and Mark of Nurgle.
(Basic Prince tactics use cover to hide him from heavy weapons and close in for the kill and likely draw fire away from the rhinos)

TROOPS
50 - Raban’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers.

50 - Zaceria’s Deathwagon (Rhino): Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers.
(These guys drive forward as much as possible using available cover and my deamon prince as a distraction before opening up on the enemy)

277 - Darkmaker Tru’kai: Champion Sorcerer with Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol and Doombolt, Deamonic, 9 Death Spirits (Thousand Sons) all with Mark Of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolts, Sorcerer Commands, Slow and Purposeful and Fearless!
(This unit’s role is to support the two Death Guard units while advancing be careful not to get shot up.)

FAST ATTACK
270 - Darkmaker Zaceria: 9 Raptors with Icon Of Nurgle, 1 Meltagun and 1 Champion with Powerfist.

HEAVY SUPPORT
145 – Predator: Autocannon, 2 Lascannon Sponsons, Extra Armor and Smoke Launcher.

Total: 1491
No: 39 (3)

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Good but lets try and shave a few points to get doombolt back.

PM Squads: Good. Rhinos get smoke & Searchlights for free so they go down in points.

Thousand Sons: Get doombolt (looks like you have already paid for it).

Raptors: Need another meltagun.

Predator: gets smoke for free. doesn't need extra armour as it is a static shooting tank.

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HQ: Good but lets try and shave a few points to get doombolt back.

PM Squads: Good. Rhinos get smoke & Searchlights for free so they go down in points.

Thousand Sons: Get doombolt (looks like you have already paid for it).

Raptors: Need another meltagun.

Predator: gets smoke for free. doesn't need extra armour as it is a static shooting tank.
HQ: 1 point off getting Doombolt and he won't really need it, he'll be in combat by turn 2.
Death Guard: Rhino pts sorted.
Thousand Sons: Sorted.
Raptors: They'll spend most of the game in combat so 1 is enough.
Predator: Changed the points by extra armor is handy cause if your shaken you can move out of line of sight of enemy weapons for a turn.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
HQ: 1 point off getting Doombolt and he won't really need it, he'll be in combat by turn 2. You hope he will, a shooting power is a good idea. It could be three dead enemies before combat.
Death Guard: Rhino pts sorted.
Thousand Sons: Sorted.
Raptors: They'll spend most of the game in combat so 1 is enough. Two meltaguns is a must
Predator: Changed the points by extra armor is handy cause if your shaken you can move out of line of sight of enemy weapons for a turn. This is a bad idea, if you get shot and hide for a turn the following turn you must move back into postion and then may only fire one weapon. Ditch EA.
You still lack long range AT, the one predator will be a major target and if it falls first or 2nd turn you will struggle against mech or heavy MC lists.

Dan

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
If you find yourself short on points...drop the extra armour on the rhinos and predator...from the predator first though and if you need more then the rhino's....as it isn't needed on the predator because if you are using it for long ranged anti tank then you shouldn't be moving anyway...so why have the extra armour?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts