Skull Champion with power weapon
Rhino
233pts

Heavy Support
Defiler 4x DCCW

Defiler 4x DCCW

Defiler 4x DCCW

Total: 1496pts

Basic Kill, maim, burn, that whole chaosy thing. Nothing has been bought yet, so any suggested changes (beyond lose the defilers) would be quite helpful. Dready is filler, because I couldn't find anything to take up that extra 100pts. If you haven't guessed yet, I like the defilers, by far my favourite chao vehicle, and the whole reason I'd use this army.

For 1850pts, Lose dreadnought, add another Lash prince and squad of Khornates. 2000pts, I guess I just add a prince, another dread and khornate squad with powerfist.

EDIT: Newer list below.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey good list,

maybe some slide changes

Dreadnought isn't a really good choice maybe drop him by also dropping
1 plague marine out of each squad you can either take

4 terminaters with cimbi-weapon and a chainfist
or
an other deamon prince with wings/warptime

3 defilers is ok but you could't also take
2 defilers and 2 oblitarators instead but thats what you like best
with the oblits in the list you are somewhat more flexibal.

gr
Jur

·
Registered
362 Posts
You need a power phist in your bezerkers, and i would fill the squad out to 10 by dropping 1 plague marine from each squad. consider one squad with 2 plamsa guns instead of both melta, but that is flavor to taste.

You could also use come long range AT, instead of hoping to roll a 6 on your battle cannon against the Land Raiders you do not want close enough to shoot with your meltas. So while 2 defilers is great, i would change one out for a pred with autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons

·
King of France
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply, my usual computer sucks but I do have some minor changes. I'm sorry to say, but no matter how awesome Oblits are, I just don't want to use them, mostly because I don't like the models, at all.

HQ
Daemon Prince - wings, MoS, Lash of submission
155pts

Troops
8x Plague Marines, 2x meltaguns
Plague champion with power fist
Rhino
279pts

Rhino
279pts

10x Khorne Berserkers
Skull Champion with power fist
Rhino
285pts

Heavy Support
Defiler 4x DCCW

Defiler 4x DCCW

Chaos Predator, Lascannon sponsons
130pts

Total: 1428pts

That leaves about 72pts for extra upgrades, chaos spawn or something, any ideas? Lazzing up the Predator's main turrent could be an option, unless I'm missing something about how many weapons they can fire at a time... and it would be a tad overkill. Maybe take away two plague marines, add in three terminators with 2x combiweapons and chainfist? Seems appropriate, although I do think it would be alittle bit overkill.

So 2000 +LoS prince, +10man zerker squad with fist and rhino and two plague marines added back +1 personal icon in a plague squad assuming I do get the termies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HQ
Daemon Prince - wings, MoS, Lash of submission
155pts

Good, proven competative. But by himself, he'll die very quickly. I'd put my first priority into freeing up points to take a second DP.

Elites
Chaos Dreadnought with missile launcher
100pts

Here's 100 points towards your second DP.

Troops
Rhino
279pts

Drop a marine out of here to free up some points. Run 7 per squad.

Rhino
279pts

Maybe run this squad with plasma guns instead of melta? It makes for a better objective holding troop and gives you a bit more range.

8x Khorne Berserkers
Skull Champion with power weapon
Rhino
233pts

Good, if you have an extra 5 points, take a meltabomb.

Heavy Support
Defiler 4x DCCW

I tend to keep the flamer on my defilers, but this set-up work very well too.

Defiler 4x DCCW

Defiler 4x DCCW

Total: 1496pts

How about dropping a defiler for a pair of oblitorators? (sorry, had to say it). It would still keep you just enough away from the typical lash+blast list that people shouldn't complain too much. :sinister:

**edit** sorry, commented on your first list, not second. In the second list, drop the power fist in the Berserker squad for a power weapon and meltabomb. Fists belong on Plague Marines, not Berserkers imo.

·
King of France
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**edit** sorry, commented on your first list, not second. In the second list, drop the power fist in the Berserker squad for a power weapon and meltabomb. Fists belong on Plague Marines, not Berserkers imo.
I did get the thing about another DP though. I can take out one PM from each squad and 2 khornates, that frees up enough points for another DP! Huzzah. I'd still rather have to fist on the khornates though, nothing more fun than reminding your opponent's HQ of instant death.

So basically, the list should look like

DP- Wings, MoS, LoS

DP- Wings, MoS, LoS

7x Plague marines- plague champion, powerfist, 2x meltaguns, rhino

7x Plague marines- plague champion, powerfist, 2x meltaguns, rhino

8x Khorne berzerkers, skull champion, powerfist, rhino

Defiler 4x DCCW

Defiler 4x DCCW

Chaos Predator, Lascannon sponsons.

1495pts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice :) I really like the look of it now.

The last thing I'd comment on is trying to free up 20 points somewhere to run 2 oblitorators instead of the pred. The oblis will mesh better with the lashes. I don't see a viable 20 points anywhere though. Maybe ditch one of the PM Rhinos and leave them in a back position to hold the objective nearest you? You could then change their meltas to plasmas with the points too.

So many options. :) This list should perform very well though as it is and should be fun to play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.