Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1700 Pts - Feral Orks Army

1 Warboss (HQ)
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1), Super Cyboar, Frag Stikkbomz, Flash Furs / Skull Trophies / Toof Necklace,Bosspole , Ammo Runt
5 Nobz Bodyguard
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1),Cyboar
1 Pigdok Cyboar Grot Styboy (x3)

9 Boarboyz (Fast Attack)
Slugga & Choppa (x9); Frag Stikkbomz; Krak Stikkbomz; Cyboars (x9)
1 Nob
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz; Krak Stikkbomz,Cyboar, Flash Furs / Skull Trophies / Toof Necklace
9 Boarboyz (Fast Attack)
1 Nob
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz; Krak Stikkbomz Cyboar Flash Furs / Skull Trophies / Toof Necklace,Big Horns / Iron Gob

9 Boarboyz (Fast Attack)
1 Nob
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz; Krak Stikkbomz,Cyboar, Flash Furs / Skull Trophies / Toof Necklace Bosspole
Big Horns / Iron Gob

9 Trappas (Elites)
Shoota (x4); Slugga & Choppa (x5)
1 Nob Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1) 'Eavy Armour Flash Furs / Skull Trophies / Toof Necklace

19 Madboyz (Troops)
Slugga & Choppa (x19)
1 Pigdok Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1) 'Eavy Armour Grot Styboy Frag Stikkbomz [1]

18 Madboyz (Troops) Slugga & Choppa (x18)
1 Pigdok Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1) 'Eavy Armour Grot Styboy Frag Stikkbomz

19 Madboyz (Troops)
Slugga & Choppa (x19)
1 Pigdok Pts
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1) 'Eavy Armour Grot Styboy Frag Stikkbomz [1]

10 Gretchin (Troops)
Blasta
1 Slaver
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1)
Frag Stikkbomz
Shiny Bitz

Models in Army: 124

Total Army Cost: 1699

Okay this is my first Ork List. It is based on the Feral Ork list as the title suggests with as many Boar riders as I can fit. I hopefully intend assault the armies instead of trying to outshoot them. Even with the higher than normal(for orks) BS that most feral orks have I still want it assault based.

I am not too sure if I should spend so much on upgrades for the nobs but I am sure that will be figured out rather soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ok well the first thing i noticed was that u didnt buy your trappas any traps... reason? or just felt like having trappas? I like the boarboys too! haha but seriously, they fill a good role in any army, and the cyboars just make them that much better. The only problem i see is that you have zero anti-armour, and at 1700 pts, youre definitely gonna face armor, no matter wat the army. other than that, looks fun!

tell me how ur first feral ork game goes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the trappas I do for the infiltation ability actually, trying to get all my troops into cc as fast as possible. The anti tank well yeah I should have noticed that before I will have to add some anti tank stuff to the boarboyz I think and maybe a rockit with the nobz. Most of the time what is played for vehicles are LST's so not exactly alot of heavy fire power will needed to bring them down.

I do expect to lose alot but the idea of space orks on cyboars just seemed like so much fun I had to do it ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It looks fun,
I also have a squad of boarboyz (it's, according to me, less interesting than madboyz or squiggoth but is better with the stikk bombas than other options and very funny to paint and to play).
In fact mine are wolfboyz (I took the goblin wolf riders to convert my squad).

but :

*pay attention, you took cyboar in each squad ; it's a good and quite cheap choice comparing with the improvements but I think you have to keep one unit with boars only to assault ennemies at cover without the risk to be killed on 3- (=4+)(no save, not only one wound).

*Does'nt the Ammo runt slow down your Warboss move, fleet of foot and 6ps bonus in assault? What about the grot styboy of the pigdok on cyboar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Feral orks are great !

It looks fun:w00t: ,
I also have a squad of boarboyz (it's, according to me, less interesting than madboyz or squiggoth but is better with the stikk bombas than other options and very funny to paint and to play).
In fact mine are wolfboyz (I took the goblin wolf riders to convert my squad).

but :

*pay attention, you took cyboar in each squad ; it's a good and quite cheap:) choice comparing with the improvements but I think you have to keep one unit with boars only to assault ennemies at cover without the risk to be killed on 3- (=4+)(no save, not only one wound:x ).

*Does'nt the Ammo runt slow down your Warboss move, fleet of foot and 6ps bonus in assault? :cry: :cry: :cry: What about the grot styboy of the pigdok on cyboar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts