Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. again I came up with a list meant for tournaments :) It is meant to be competative but I tried to keep some things in it I really like about nids (claws and such). So.. I hope this list look better than the last ones I dod make.. they were all pretty standard and I think this one might have a better chance on surviving and stuff..

Here it is.. eat it allive don't be gentle this list isn't meant to be too ;)

HQ

Hive Tyrant
-adrenal glands (I&Ws), toxin sacs, implant attack, wings, 2x scything talons.

Hive Tyrant
-enhanced senses, toxin sacs, 2x twin devourer

Tyrant Guard

ELITE

Carnifex
-enhanced senses, 2x twin devourer

Carnifex
-enhanced senses, 2x twin devourer

TROOPS

8 genestealers
-extended carapace, flesh hooks

8 genestealers

8 genestealers

FAST ATTACK

4 warriors
-wings, scything talons, rending claws, adrenal glands (I)

2 raveners
-scything talons, rending claws

2 raveners
-scything talons, rending claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Carnifex
-enhanced senses, barbed strangler, venom cannon, extended carapace

Carnifex
-enhanced senses, barbed strangler, venom cannon, extended carapace

total cost: 1700 points on the dot

·
Registered
116 Posts
Split the genestealers into 4 broods of 6.

Drop the wings on the warriors and give them EC. If there roll is CC then the wings aren't gonna help that much. Those work on warriors with devourers more.

You should find the points to give the carnifexes +1W. It is really worth it. Maybe drop the EC. they'll probably get shot by tank killers anyways. they have AP2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was going to let the warriors try and keep up with raveners and genestealers. Or maybe leaping is better than?

4*6 stealers is indeed better thanks ^^

·
Registered
116 Posts
It really depends on how large the map is. Normally the warriors could stay within 12 inches easily, then leap into combat along with your other units next turn, though that would leave them open for a turn. If your stealers are about run out of synapse, just leave 1 of them trailing behind. Besides, those warriors would be shot up REALLY easily. A volley of bolter fire would probably kill 2-3 of them (no saves).

·
479 Posts
i'll reiterate what is said above but this is what i see in total:
-remove wings on warriors, give them EC, and leaping
-take away EC on Carnifexes and give them +1 Wound as they'll be shooting and since they have the heaviest guns, you want more wounds to survive those lascannons, bright lances, etc.
-take away implant attack for tyrant since its only useful against multiwound targets and give him psychic scream to help you break the unit you're against.

hope this helps8Y

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know implant attack is not everybodies favorite.. but when I'm against another zilla list at a tournament or facing some other big creature.. like avatar or chaos daemon prince.. those monsters have an invulnerable save and have better WS than the tyrant and could go having a good time through all my units and daemon princes usually fly so can avoid the stealers.. Well it is just some kind of precaution and I like characters running from the tyrant because people know it is an over kill character killer with implant attack ;)..

It looks like I will indeed be creating leaping warriors (saves me searching for wings :) ). Further there are still loads of options I would have to experience myself and get familiar with nids. So thank you guys for the comments.. I think I can start building the army now :party:

·
Registered
116 Posts
If your planning on playing some casual games against some friends, you should have some experiments. I mean some crazy experiments. Not long ago we played at a friends house and I wanted to test out some different things.

The first things i tested were lash whips. I had two broods of 4 warriors, 2 of them had ST+RC and the other 2 had LW+RC, they all had leaping and CC ups. They ended up doing amazing against most peoples' elites, until the grey knights came...:0

I also tried the psychic choir people were talking about (5 creatures with psychic scream), worked out pretty well. I'm not sure it was worth it though. The zoanthropes costed quite a bit and they didn't shoot anything. I gave them synapse and scream. Against tactical sqads, the choir owned though.

Good luck with your army.;Y

1 - 7 of 7 Posts