Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about the advice that was given to me about my previous version of my list and decided to test a few things.

From my tests I concluded that my 185 point, 8 man Bezerker squads against a 185 point, 10 man Marine squad (vet sgt w/ powerfist), would kill each other completley in 2-3 turns. Assuming the Bezerkers had the charge and that both were at full strength.

Seing as how I doubt I would make it to combat unscathed I needed something fast to get into combat no later then turn 2. Enter Daemon Prince "Vlad the Impailer" mk.II. Vlad has two objectives. 1) Get into combat quickly. 2) Be a beacon for the Terminators to come down on.

Another thing I noticed is my weakness against AV 11+ skimmers. As it stood, my Bezerker squads can handle Landspeeders and fast moving AV 10 vehicles in one charge. However, tougher ones can prove combersome.

Too combat this I decided to add a pair of Lascannon toting Preds for much needed fire support.

Since I had extra points I decided to splurge on the Preds to make them more resilient/annoying.

Here's is what I consider to be more of a "take all commers" list then my orriginal one.

HQ
Daemon Prince "Vlad the Impailer": 177
MoK, Demonic Stature, Demonic Speed, Dark Blade, Demonic Aura, Demonic Resilience, Feel no Pain, Demonic Strength, Frag Grenades, Teleport Homer, CCW

ELITES
Chosen Terminators: 405
-AC: Lightning Claws, Lightning Claw
-x5: Lightning Claws
-x2: Chainfists

TROOPS

4x
Khorne Bezerkers: 185
AC: Khornate Chain Axe, Powerfist, Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator: 189
Twin linked Lascannon, side sponson Lascannons, Demonic Possession, Parasitic Possession, Smoke Launchers, Searchlights

Twin linked Lascannon, side sponson Lascannons, Demonic Possession, Parasitic Possession, Smoke Launchers, Searchlights

Any and all constructive comments welcomed. All advice appriciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm, let's see

You prince is fine, although I don't see much use for the darkblade, you already have 6 strength, that's more than enough. Give him another CCW instead.

I think the termies are too expensive to work, but if you like them, this squad loks good.

Your zerkers look good, although daemonic strength is useless on powerfist wielding AC's. I like letters, especially in a tournie where power armour is the most common armour type, I would drop a unit of zerkers and get some letters.

The preds are too expensive, drop parasitic and smoke launchers. Parasitic is not worth the points you pay, and smoke launchers on a tank that is supposed to shoot every turn is kinda useless.

This is just my 0.02

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Bloodletter suggestion intrigues me. Would droping two squads of Bezerkers in order to Daemon Bomb with two 8 man squads of 'letters from the Daemon Prince be a worthwile tactic?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Lightning claws on the termi asp champ are too expensive. Give the champ and one termi achainfist, and all the other termies 1 lightning claw. That gives you 7 chain fist attacks, and 18 LC attacks as opposed to 6 and 19 for 15 points less.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Soviet_Tau_Commander said:
Your Bloodletter suggestion intrigues me. Would droping two squads of Bezerkers in order to Daemon Bomb with two 8 man squads of 'letters from the Daemon Prince be a worthwile tactic?
Hmm, I like to keep more zerkers than letters, so try to find the points for replacing one squad with letters, then you can always add another if you like them. Letters are less all-round than marines (in that they roch vs power armour and suck vs anything with a higher initiative an armour save negation), but they have the big summonign advantage. And you can summon them from your zerker units as will, if they are in the right place.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
From my tests I concluded that my 185 point, 8 man Bezerker squads against a 185 point, 10 man Marine squad (vet sgt w/ powerfist), would kill each other completley in 2-3 turns. Assuming the Bezerkers had the charge and that both were at full strength.
That's odd - my money would have been all on the Berzerkers. You sure about that?

Assuming the Berzerkers charged.... 4 attacks a piece. Hits on 4+. So 28 attacks, 14 hits. Wounds on 4+, so 7 wounds. 4+ armour save, so 3.5 kills.

Space Marines - 9 models, only one attack each, so 9 attacks. 4.5 hit, 2.25 wound. 1.5 of that is saved by armour, leaving .75 kills. Round up to one.

So before Powerfists, we have 7 Berzerkers versus 6.5 marines.

Powerfists - both hit on 4+, both wound on 2+, both kill instantly. Only difference is that Khorne gets an extra attack. Let's give the benefit of the doubt and assume two kills per. So that leaves 5 Berzerkers versus 4.5 marines. From here, you can plainly see that the Berzerkers will win, though the Khornates might be hurting afterwards. Half strength, by my estimates. Still large enough to be a threat, however.

HQ
Daemon Prince "Vlad the Impailer": 177
MoK, Demonic Stature, Demonic Speed, Dark Blade, Demonic Aura, Demonic Resilience, Feel no Pain, Demonic Strength, Frag Grenades, Teleport Homer, CCW
As long as you're okay with this guy being a fire magnet, he'll do fine. He'll also be extremely hard to put down. Only about one in three Lascannons will do any harm to him, so he has good staying power.

ELITES
Chosen Terminators: 405
-AC: Lightning Claws, Lightning Claw
-x5: Lightning Claws
-x2: Chainfists
The Champion shouldn't take that second Claw. Instead, buy Daemonic Mutation and keep your Combi-bolter. Not only is it cheaper, but it allows you to keep your gun for a few extra kills on the turns you DS and charge.

TROOPS
4x
Khorne Bezerkers: 185
AC: Khornate Chain Axe, Powerfist, Demonic Strength, Talisman of Burning Blood
Very nice, solid.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Drop the Smoke Launchers - they're pointless. You should be firing those Lascannons every single turn that you can, which just happens to coincedentally be every turn that your Predator is alive. Also, I prefer Mutated Hull over Parasitic Possession. Forcing Lascannons to glance on a 5 is a major boon.

Not if you don't have any bikers, it isn't. The berzerkers by themselves are too slow, and leave too much of the chance that your Bloodletters will be out in the middle of the board to be shot at. You need something fast to get them summoned close to the enemy on the second or third turn.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can see a better use for 10 points that I'm paying for smoke launchers and searchlights. I simply put them there because I could.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
If you can see a better use for 10 points that I'm paying for smoke launchers and searchlights. I simply put them there because I could.
Give Dracula Spiky Bits.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose I could. But I always seem to forget about it. But then again I supposed it's better then throwing them away uselessly.

And as for my tests:
I do actual rolling, no theoretical avreages. Either my dice are weird, Murphy hate me, or I just had bad luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts