Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First tourney of the year comming up. I'm sick of my zilla list and wanted a bit more challenge. Here is my stealer shock list. Please let me know what you all think.

Hive Tyrant
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
2 Twin Linked Devs
Implant Attack
Toxic Miasma
Acid Maw
Wings
Warp Field
Total 224

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Venom Cannon
Barbed Strangler
Total 148

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Venom Cannon
Barbed Strangler
Total 148

Carnifex
Enhanced Senses
Venom Cannon
Barbed Strangler
Total 148

Ravenor w Rending + Scything 40

8 Gene Stealers w Scuttle 152

Grand Total 1700

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think your enter key messed up at some point ;)
but look solid - though the acid maw, toxic miasma and implate attack could come off the tyrant - they are close combat upgrades- and he is a ranged monster - he only gose into close combat against weaker stuff - to be safe from enemy guns. He is not a character killer (even the scything on is not) so the implant attack is a little wasted.
Aside from that looks like a fun list to play with - keep the stealers spread out to avoid ordinance.
Also - you might look to finding the points for reinforced chitchin on the carnifexes - helps keep them alive

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Thanks for the catch on the enter keys. I fixed that.

I agree about the CC morphs on the rant. put them there mostly for fun. I love character duels, they seem so cinematic...

If I did take them off I would have 28pts to play with, I was considering spine fists for my ravenors...

The idea is that the Rant goes HtH with the Ravenors as they all have the same I, also the rant gives the ravs immunity to instant death. Combined they ought to be able to kill a unit of marines on the marine turn. So the Rant goes Jump, shoot, HtH, hide in HtH on the enemies turn then jump and shoot again, that's the theory anyway...

·
Registered
301 Posts
spine fists?
I would go for devourers myself - even though your an ugly 2 points out giving them all devourers - it means 2 possible rounds of shooting as opposed to one

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it's that ugly two points and modeling requirements. The fluff states that the ranged weapons are inside the thorax of the ravs, but if they had different weapons I would really really have to model them somehow.

Also giving up fleet of foot rolls for shooting would deny them turn 2 assault which the entire army but the fex's gets as is...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for your advice. I think I came in second for best general. 2 Victorious slaughters, 1 normal defeat to an Chaos zilla / lash army and 1 tie. I ended with 46 vps the guy who won got 48 so I think I was close..

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
I realize I'm a bit late, but I'll still put this up for future reference when designing your next list. (congratulations by the way)

I agree that you should drop the CC morphs off the tyrant. Best case scenario they're 28 points down the drain, worst case you try to take advantage of them and charge something you shouldn't.

As for what to do with those points, I'd just drop in another stealer. I know it makes one unit bigger, larger target, etc. But knowing that you can use it to draw fire, or as your hardest hitter. Deploy it last to get the best effect out of it.

I'd really really like to see some sort of defensive upgrade on those fexes (chitin being a good one) but I don't see a good place to pull it from. If you step this list up to 1750 in the future make sure you slap some armour on those big boys.

All in all, a really nasty list (I love stealer shock armies). At some point you might try experimenting with carapace instead of scuttle. It slows them down, but gives them a much better shot at surviving a turn of exposure. Give it a try, see which you like better and go with that.

Good luck in your future games\tournaments\feasts on the fleshy goodness of our enemies.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice paul. For the tournament I actually did drop most of the CC morphs and put flesh hooks on 3 of my stealer squads. IT did not make much difference.

As to putting extra protection on the fex's. In almost all my testing and in all but one of my tournament games no one had ever killed a fex and rarely taken one down below half. My tie game my opponent went to town on my fexs with his seraphim's squad and cannones. Basically the stealers and the wing rant get all the attention as they are usually perceived as the immanent threat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts