melta bombs
rhino
bolters

khorne lord with them in the tank

HS

defiler 150

2 obliterators 150

total 1733

i would like to hear you comment or adjustments to make this army better, thanks

·
Night's whipser
1,719 Posts
First things first I'd get rid of the noise marines as their really not worth their points, change them out for some standard chaos space marines with double melta guns or flamers, also your chosen can't have 7 weapons, you can only have 5 weapon upgrades, I dunno how you can get 7 guns on 5 guys :p, personally I'd remove them all together as at this points level you need more than just two troops choices, at 1750 I have 2 chaos space marine squads, a squad of bezerkers and some plague marines, apart from that everything else is fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HQ

Deamon prince 155
wings
slaanesh
lash

Choas lord 140
Khorne
Deamon weapon

3 Terminators 130
Slannesh
Chain fist
Combi weapons x 2

land raider 220

Troops

10 choas marines 210
2 flamers
rhino
bolters

10 choas marines 220
2 meltas
rhino
bolters

6 plague bearers 138

7 khorne berzerkers 232
champoin
power fist
melta bombs
rhino
bolters

khorne lord with them in the tank

HS

defiler 150

2 obliterators 150

total 1745

i have changed the list a bit to see what you think yes i did make a mistake with the plasmas gun i was meant to but 3 in instead of 5. like to hear you comments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Khorne lord with a DW is cool, yes, but quite an irregular guy due to having a much higher chance of rolling a 1 on the DW and not doing any attacks at all...dual LC lord is more "stable"...

You need champions and icons in your CSM squads, they benefit much from it. You don't need melta bombs on your zerker champ, he has a fist, it's enough. We don't have plaguebearers in the CSM codex, we have either lesser daemons or plague marines. I take it you have choen plague marines. But you haven't given them any special weapons(they can and should have two) or a rhino. A Land Raider for transporting three termies that isn't even equipped for close combat is a waste, either tool five termies up for cc and put them there, or skip them and put zerkers+lord in there...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the comments, could you give me a good army of what the models i have got.

HQ
1 slaanesh deamon prince with wings
1 nurgle demon prince with wings
1 khorne lord with deamon weapons and wings
1 terminor lord with lighting claws
1 choas lord

Elites
5 termoinors
5 possessed marines
2 deadnoughts with plasma guns
1 deadnought with auotocannon

Troops
30 marines
5 champoins
4 plasma guns
2 melta guns
2 flamers
4 heavy bloters
4 lasconnons
4 missle lauchers

3 rhinos with 2 bolters

6 noise marines 5 sonic blasters, 1 blasmaster
9 khorne berzerkers 1 champoin with power fist
6 thounshed sons 1 sorerer

i can more marines about 10 more i think with extra bits

fast attack
4 bikes
1 champoin

heavy support
3 oblitertoirs
1 delifer
1 landraider
1 predator with autocannon and 2 heavy bolters

and i have got on choas deamon with i could use for lesser deamons and great deamons

what do you think i things i got there i could make a good nasty army from for 1750? i would like to hear you thoughts and really appeartice the help. thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ok

If you want to use the Land Raider and termies I'd grab 4 champions with dual claws and an icon of khorne and smack a Lord of Khorne in Terminator Armour and dual claws in there with them I know it's an expensive but when you mech up it'll make a hell of a difference....quite literally in our case. Otherwise the only elites you should use are chosen (Dreadnaughts are unreliable and Possessed are 26 points too many each).

As for a list...

HQ
Daemon Prince
-MoS
-Lash
-Wings

About 150pts (don't have my Codex ATM)

Lord
-MoK
-Terminator Armour
-Dual Claws

About 140

Elites
4 Terminator Champions with Dual Lightning Claws and an Icon of Khorne
220?

Troops
10 Marines
-1 Aspiring Champion with a Powerfist
-2 Meltaguns
-Icon of Chaos Glory
-1 Rhino with a twin-linked bolter
190 for the squad
40 for the Rhino

10 Marines
-Aspiring Champion with Powerfist
-2 Plasma Guns
- Icon of Chaos Glory
- Rhino with Combi-melta
200 for the Squad
45 for the Rhino

9 Khorne Berserkers
-Champion with Powerfist and personal icon
-Rhino with combi-melta
About 230/40 for the Squad
45 For the Rhino

20 Summoned lesser Daemons

Heavy Support
3 Obliterators

Chaos Land Raider

This costs around 1720 points and gives you a hard-hitting mechanised force that the opponent will have to shoot down quickly or risk having Daemons rampage into their lines turn 2 or 3. The Obliterators also Deep Strike in as a counter where you need them.
This is one of my experimental lists that I'm thinking of using at some point so wait for other people to advise you on it before actually getting the models (one of the problems I envisage against armies such as Eldar is them simply picking off units one by one).

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 Land raider by itself will die pretty quickly, either run 2 or run none.

With your models the best I can think of is this (you are missing only 2 meltaguns but on the GW site you can have 5 for pretty cheap look in the bitz section)

Demon Prince, Wings, MoN, Warptime 175

Dread with autocannon 115
Dread with plasma cannon 120

8 khorne berzerkers, champ with fist in a rhino 243
10 CSM, 2 meltaguns, champ with fist in a rhino 245
10 CSM, 2 meltaguns, champ with fist in a rhino 245
5 Noise Marines with sonic blasters 125

3 Oblit 225
5 Havocs, 4 Missile launchers 150
Predator with autocannon and sponson heavy bolters 100

I don't have my codex with me so the price of the dread and Prince can be a little off but everything else should be spot on.

Dreads are a little unreliable but they don't cost much and help a lot in getting more tank saturation and firepower to the battlefield.

You move your rhinos with the dread and prince foward, everything else shoots to try and get stuff out of their tanks. Will you win a tournament with this list, probably not but you have a lot of tools to be able to handle most lists and give a good fight. Getting more melta in your collection is a must in 5ed where a lot of lists are mechanized.

[MENTION=50009]Karrain[/MENTION], in any list where you want to run terminators give at least 1 model a chainfist or else a dread is really going to ruin your fun. Having 4-5 terminators locked in close combat against a dread without a possibility to kill it is just bad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks black rose some of the points where off so i have changed it a bit too see what you think.

deamon prince, wings, nurgle, warptime 175

dead with plasma cannon 105

8 berzerkers, champ, fist, rhino 243
10 marines, 2 melta, glory, champ, fist, rhino 255
10 marines, 2 melta, glory, champ, fist, rhino 255
5 noise marines, 5 sonic blasters 125

3 oblit 225
5 havos, glory, 4 missle launcher 165
predator, auto cannon, heavy bolters 100

total 1753 points

what do you think of this list, like to hear you comments.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would rather have a autocannon dread then a plasma cannon dread because twin-linked and Str 7 2 shots is pretty good against light tanks, a plasma cannon is not to good. You are over by 3 points, so if you want to play in a tournament you'll have to drop those 3 points. Icon of chaos glory are good but I would rather have an extra marine in the havocs to soak a wound. So one icon where ever you want and a extra marine in the havocs instead of 3 icons and you're back at 1748 points.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok have i took you advise and now hope this is it now.

deamon prince, wings, nurgle, warptime 175

dead with autocannon 110

8 berzerkers, champ, fist, rhino 243
10 marines, 2 melta, champ, fist, rhino 245
10 marines, 2 melta, champ, fist, rhino 245
5 noise marines, 5 sonic blasters 125

3 oblit 225
6 havos, 4 missle launcher 170
predator, auto cannon, heavy bolters 100

total 1743

there my army list for this army what you think like to hear your comments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts