Heavy:
Leman Russ Demolisher
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer
[165]

Leman Russ Executioner
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon Sponsons
[230]

[1750]

So far, so good. In testing, I have beaten Battlewagon Orks, Nidzilla, Twin Raider Wolves, and Blood Angels. So, 4-0 for now and I hope to get in a few more games until the 19th, which is the tourney date.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am inclined to try out another Demolisher, actually. Tossing a squad and a Melta from the CCS would get me one. I will test that out this week.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
personally from experience, leaving mc killinig and termiantor killing is best left to melta and plasma spam. and vendettas if you want everyone to have abit of glory hogging. tanks are just way too expensive and risky for the job. ( eggs all in one basket quote ).
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
personally from experience, leaving mc killinig and termiantor killing is best left to melta and plasma spam. and vendettas if you want everyone to have abit of glory hogging. tanks are just way too expensive and risky for the job. ( eggs all in one basket quote ).
thanks
antique_nova
And your point is? This is rather unfocused.

·
A 51st Century Man
1,806 Posts
And your point is? This is rather unfocused.
I believe Nova is trying to state that instead of spending points into tanks it might be better to spend the points on other units like vendettas or focusing on getting more plasma or melta guns into the list. At least that is what I got from his post. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I believe Nova is trying to state that instead of spending points into tanks it might be better to spend the points on other units like vendettas or focusing on getting more plasma or melta guns into the list. At least that is what I got from his post. :rotfl:
Yes, but the entire list is tanks. Which ones does he suggest that OldHat replace? And with what exactly? There's an idea in there somewhere, but I can't make it out through the incoherent rambling. :struggle:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
i was aiming my comment at the leman russ exercutioner.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a new list I am considering for the upcoming tourney:

HQ:
Company Command Squad
w/ 4x Meltaguns
Chimera
w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-Laser
[145]

Troops:
(10) Veterans
w/ 3x Meltaguns
Chimera
[155]

(10) Veterans
w/ 3x Meltaguns
Chimera
[155]

(10) Veterans
w/ 3x Meltaguns
Chimera
[155]

(10) Veterans
w/ 3x Meltaguns
Chimera
[155]

Fast Attack:
Vendetta
[130]

Vendetta
[130]

Hellhound
w/ Multi-melta, Smoke Launchers
[150]

Heavy:
Leman Russ Demolisher
w/ Hull Lascannon
[180]

Leman Russ Demolisher
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer
[165]

Leman Russ Executioner
w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon Sponsons
[230]

[1750]

Thoughts?

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Ditch the hull lascannon, drop a squad of Vets for a cheap platoon. They can protect your Exec from melta and assault (bubble wrap ahoy!), ride in the Vendettas to make them scoring and you can stick more autocannons into your army.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, no thanks. That is just cannon fodder and my tanks stay very mobile, not static. The lascannon was 15 spare points, really.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
i agree with ==me==. they aren't cannon fodder ( well they can be ), but they are nice objective sitting units and they look much cooler than a chimera on the table! :p.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
An Exec with sponsons pretty much has to stay static to fire at full effect (one of the few IG vehicles that I would put sponsons on), so surround them with meat to prevent getting super melta'd and assaulted is pretty darn useful.

And more autocannons never hurt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An Exec with sponsons pretty much has to stay static to fire at full effect (one of the few IG vehicles that I would put sponsons on), so surround them with meat to prevent getting super melta'd and assaulted is pretty darn useful.

And more autocannons never hurt.
I can move and still fire four cannon, which is often plenty. If I do need to go for all five, I can stop, but generally leaving it surrounded by puny Guardsmen is not going to stop it from being assaulted that often. If anything, I give up easy KPs in the platoon and have a much more static firebase, which hurts my highly mobile army.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Not really. Surrounding it outside 5" with guardsmen (with 1" bases) prevents meltas from getting within 6" and assaulters from charging it without going through your guardsmen. Nothing can get past the meatshield, it's even better with a commissar in there to keep all 20 of them sticking around, buying you time to escape or set up counter measures.

KPs shouldn't be a concern in a mech list :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A single kill point could decide the victor. So with that saying the less you have the better. :rotfl:
In fact, Marrius, recently a single KP did cost me a game! It does matter and cannon fodder is not something I like in my lists. Exposed Guardsmen can protect against Meltas, sure, but what protects them? Also, as I said, I am a mobile list and that seems like it would really hinder my abilities to navigate easily.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
Who cares if they're protected, 21 stubborn fellows last long enough to do their job.

Mech armies have plenty of KPs, so building to minimize them is counter productive. Just play smart and kill your opponent's army. KPs are not an issue worth messing up your list over.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.