Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an Idea of mine wondered if it were any good competitivly.

Drop Pod Army 1750
Trait Advantages
Cleanse and Purify
Trust Your Battle-Brothers
Trait Disadvantages
Eye to Eye
Death Before Dishonor
HQ:
Master, Storm Bolter, Bionics-85
Command Squad, 9 man, TYBB, 2 Plasmaguns-182
Drop Pod-30
Elites:
Dreadnought, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod-145
Troops:
Tactical, 7 man, TYBB, 2 Plasmaguns, Drop Pod-170
Tactical, 7 man, TYBB, 2 Meltaguns, Drop Pod-170
Tactical, 7 man, TYBB, 2 Meltaguns, Drop Pod-170
Total:1749
MC:52
AC:3

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried a drop pod army 1750 last night for the first time. I did 4 10 man tac squads with a melta and plas gun each, 3 land speeders, one drop pod dread, one asm squad and a WW. I felt like overall I lacked long range AV and I think you have the same problem. My change was going to be to drop one of the tac squads and give the dread twin-linked lascannon and add 2 pred annhilators.

I think you can safely take out a couple of tac squads and do something like add heavy support or some heavy weapons to other tac squads or possibly give lacannons to your dreads. I think also you are going to do a lot of slogging after your initial drop with that setup. You don't have anything that can cover ground quickly and nothing that shoots more than 24".

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think that this army will be very strong so long as the squads can arrive together so they can support each other, the dreadnoughts would be better with assualt cannons to give some fire support on arrival, another addition could be to give the commander a better close combat weapon to give the command squad some kick so it can really handle its self against strong combat units

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.