Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is another iteration of my basic list. I'm trying to thin it down to 1750 points for an upcoming tournament, without losing too much punch. Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

HQ: ( 180 )

CCS
4x Meltagun
Chimera
Astropath

Troops: ( 770 )

Veteran Squad
3x Meltagun
Chimera

Veteran Squad
3x Meltagun
Chimera
Infantry Platoon
PCS - 4x Flamer
Infantry squad - HWT w/ Autocannon and Grenade Launcher
SWS - 2x Meltagun, Demo Charge
SWS - 2x Meltagun, Demo Charge

Elite: ( 210 )

Stormtrooper Squad (5) - 2x Meltagun

Stormtrooper Squad (5)- 2x Meltagun

Fast Attack: ( 260 )

Valkyrie - 2x MRP

Valkyrie - 2x MRP

Heavy Support: ( 370 )

Demolisher w/ Heavy Flamer

Demolisher w/ Heavy Flamer

The Infantry platoon is intended to set up a more or less static gun line, and hold on to near objectives.

The stormtroopers, valkyries and the SW squads are to be held in reserve and deep strike in on turn 2 or 3, where they happen to be needed. I decided to add an astropath to the CCS to make this more likely.

Overall strategy is to be highly mobile on the opponents side of the table with heavy fire power while having a static defense on the near side providing fire support to the mechanized and deep striking elements.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I like it.

If you so desired you could fit in the ubiquitous Inquisitor and Mystics by dropping a SWS, picking up a Chimera and using the PCS in the Valk instead.
It is a thought, but if I were to take an inquisitor, I'd just as soon take a lord and an assassin. This feels more "guardy" to me :). Reading Sandy Mitchells "Ciaphas Cain" novels is likely not helping ;). Besides, there are few better ways of delivering the Emperor's love and compassion a demo charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts