Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquisitional Drop Troop Army, "Holy Talon"

Doctrines: Drop Troops, Veterans, Carapace Armor, Grenadiers, Closer Order Drill

HQ: 499

Command Squad: 105
Heroic Senior Officer + 4x Guardsman
Autocannon, Master Vox

Advisors: 50
Commissar
Power Weapon, Storm Bolter

Grey Knight Hero: 344
Grand Master + 4x Terminators
Incinerator

Elite: 449

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 145
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
Heavy Bolter, 3x Melta Gun, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 155
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
Autocannon, 3x Plasma Gun, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 149
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
Autocannon, 3x Grenade Launcher, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

Troops: 492

Storm Trooper Squad 1: 246
Vet Sgt + 9x Troopers
Power Weapon, 2x Plasma Gun, Vox Caster
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Improved Comms, Extra Armour

Vet Sgt + 9x Troopers
Power Weapon, 2x Melta Gun, Vox Caster
Chimera
Turret Heavy Flamer, Hull Heavy Flamer, Improved Comms, Extra Armour

Fast Attack: 310

Sentinel Squadron 1: 75
1x Sentinel
Armageddon Pattern, Improved Comms

1x Sentinel

Grey Knight Teleport Squad: 160
Justicar + 4x Grey Knight
Incinerator

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Just checking: are the Troop squads DH Stormtroopers or IG Stormtroopers? If they're the DH ones, this list is highly illegal. I don't have my IG codex anywhere nearby, so I can't look up if you can take IG Stormtroopers as Troops or not.

The FAGK unit needs to be larger - 8-10 models. Deepstriking Troops cannot move or assault on the turn they land, so they'll need to absorb some casualties. And then they'll need to inflict enough damage in the subsequent fight to win, because outnumbered Fearless models that lose will take extra wounds.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Troops are Imperial Guard Grenadiers, which are just Storm Troopers that can't Deep Strike or Infiltrate, so I stuck them in Chimeras and added Improved Comms to help with my Reserves.

Everything in the list except the two Troop Choices can Deep Strike.

I figured I could use a full 10 man Grey Knight Squad, but I only got a box of 5 guys right now. Later I'll swap around some points or just add them in.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
I would give all your Vet Squads a Lascannon and Plasma guns, no shortage of Tanks and Monstorous Creatures these days. Since they can infiltrate automatically, why deep strike them? Vets are great for deep striking, but with three special weapons and being suicide squads. Why wait to shoot the heavy weapons?

Give your HSO and Commissars power weapons, cheap and just in case.

Megalo is correct on the FAGK squad, you need to have a 10 man squad, honest, otherwise they're
dead, I wouldn't bring them.

I would prefer to have a Platoon and Armoured fist squad for my Troop Choices for this type of list, vs the Grenadiers. You will have little on the table to start, your Grenadiers will take a pounding to start, and can't do much for a turn or two. A platoon with Heavy weapons can do damge right away.

Did you have a look at my list?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I looked at your list.

I could see the Reasoning behind adding Lascannons to the Vet Squads, and I was toying with the idea of either the Grenadiers or normal Platoons for my Troops. I knew I needed a couple units with Improved Comms, and 4 sounds like a well number. I went with the Grenadiers mostly because I like the BS 4.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My personal view is that the Grey Knight Grand Master is too much of a points sink. I would free up 84 points and downgrade him to a Brother-Captain: especially if you're going to be deepstriking him. I also see little point in taking an incinerator, I would go for psycannon instead (and I understand you have the box squad. Just play with what you have, and get more later. That's what I do. :p)

Also, I would save some points by dropping the power weapons on the Commissars and Stormtrooper Sgts, and spending some points elsewhere.

Otherwise it looks like a pretty good list. Will you be deepstriking the sentinels?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I updated the list and I'll also explain what I plan on doing with each unit.

Doctrines: Drop Troops, Veterans, Carapace Armor, Grenadiers, Closer Order Drill
HQ: 654

Command Squad: 100
Heroic Senior Officer + 4x Guardsmen
Master Vox, Heavy Bolter

I plan on not Deep Striking the Command Squad, but just setting it in some nice Cover (Or at least out of LOS), and allowing his LD to be used through the Vox. I gave him a Heavy Bolter as I felt with the Guardsmen BS 3 I would still get a lucky defensive shot of or two, hopefully all three.

Advisors: 41
Commisar
Bolt Pistol

The Commisar is just going to sit with the Command Squad and provide his LD Bonus.

Grey Knight Hero: 513
Grand Master + 8x Terminators

I will use the GrandMaster as I like his stats better then the Brother-Captain. I'll Deep Strike them.

Elite: 459

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 135
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
3x Melta Gun, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

I'll Deep Strike this Squad and use it's 3 Meltas to chew up armour, I do want to keep the Vox Caster, just incase a LD test pops up.

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 165
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
Lascannon, 3x Plasma Gun, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

I'll Infiltrate or just set up this squad, and use it as Fire Support on tanks, and Heavy Infantry.

Hardened Veterans Squad 1: 159
Vet Sgt + 9x Vets
Lascannon, 3x Grenade Launcher, Vox Caster, Carapace Armour

I'll Infiltrate or just set up this squad and use it to take out large infantry groups, as well as Fire Support on Heavy Tanks and Heavy Infantry.

Troops: 487

Storm Trooper Squad 1: 241
Vet Sgt + 9x Troopers
2x Plasma Gun, Vox Caster
Chimera
Turret Multi-Laser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Improved Comms, Extra Armour

I'll set these up out of LOS, and use it's Improved Comms to help me with Reserve Rolls, after that fire support and objective takers.

Vet Sgt + 9x Troopers
Power Weapon, 2x Melta Gun, Vox Caster
Chimera
Turret Heavy Flamer, Hull Heavy Flamer, Improved Comms, Extra Armour

I'll use this as Counter Assault as well as Suicide Assaults, the Flamers will be nice. Also I figure if I can it's Improved Comms might help at least on the second turn.

Fast Attack: 150

1x Sentinel

I'll probably Scount in this guy, and set up LOS on enemy Armor. Also Improved Comms, helping get my guys out of the sky and on the ground even quicker.

1x Sentinel

I might Deep Strike this one as a Suicide Tank Killer, also I can use it's Improved Comms while in Reserve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts