Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here is is: I am thinking of using this for friendly play, but would also like to know how it could be converted to tournament play.

Traits: See, but do not be seen and Suffer the Works of Heretics
Disadvantage: Eye to Eye, Die Standing
I play IG, IG Armoured Company, Tau, other SM and Chaos

HQ
Chaplain: Master of Sanctity, Terminator Honors, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack 151
TROOPS
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Sword, 8 Bolter Marines, Plasma Rifle, Rhino 210
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Sword, 3 Bolter Marines, Lascannon, Tank Hunters 105
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Sword, 3 Bolter Marines, Missile Launcher, Tank Hunters 100
FAST ATTACK
9 Assault Marines, 2 Plasma Pistols, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Sword, 265
3 Bikes, 2 Meltas 116
HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Bolters and 3 Heavy Bolters 135
Predator Annihilator with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Lascannon Sponsons with Extra Armor 150
ELITES
Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher with Extra Armor 140
Venerable Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher with Extra Armor and Tank Hunter 170
1750 Points Total

I know it is 1752, but I this is for friendly games only. I was thinking about meltabombs on the assault squad, but decided plasma pistols were better. Comments, please.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone please help?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im kinda new but ill try to help you out. First you incorrectly listed a squad- you forgot to put Devastator squad at the front. You sholudnt put a plasma rifle in a designated close combat squads. Im assuming the devs and other marines are infiltrating but i cant work out the points as i dont have my Codex here at the moment. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I tried to post last night, but my internet connection screwed up.

TEUTONIC_KNIGHT said:
I would replace the plasma gun with a meltagun, make the sergeant a veteran with a powerfist, and then give them a drop pod. That way, you're pretty much guranteed for them to get up close and personal.

Same here. BTW, the squads I'm suggesting cost 220 pts.

Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Sword, 3 Bolter Marines, Lascannon, Tank Hunters 105
Sergeant with Bolt Pistol and Sword, 3 Bolter Marines, Missile Launcher, Tank Hunters 100
Only give the sergeants bolters in shooty squads. If possible, just make them lascannons.

9 Assault Marines, 2 Plasma Pistols, Veteran Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power Sword, 265
I would make the power sword a power fist, doubly as effective for 50% more points, do the math.

3 Bikes, 2 Meltas 116
Since this squad is mainly for shooting, I would give it plasma guns. Move 12", shoot 4 plasma shots, repeat.

3 Bolters and 3 Heavy Bolters 135
Devastators should be 8 men with 4 heavy weapons. Other than that, I owuld suggest missile launchers.

Predator Annihilator with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Lascannon Sponsons with Extra Armor 150
Since this vehicle will probably have to move if you're facing a smart opponent, I would replace the lascannon sponsons with heavy bolters, so you can move and shoot everything.

ELITES
Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher with Extra Armor 140
Venerable Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and Missile Launcher with Extra Armor and Tank Hunter 170
These are fine, though I would suggest making the non-venerable one have an assault cannon and CCW, and a drop pod as well. Costs the same, will do more damage. Keep the venerable one as it is.

I know it is 1752, but I this is for friendly games only. I was thinking about meltabombs on the assault squad, but decided plasma pistols were better.
Plasma pistols are better indeed, since meltabombs need a 6+ to hit on vehicles that go more than 6".

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Um, sorry, but the die standing trait means no drop pods. Also, the devestator squads are not infiltrating. The reason I had to put some sgts with bp and ccw is that I do not have enough bolter marines. Also, I only have 2 plasma rifles and 2 meltaguns, so, should I just scrap the bike squad?

Also, what is a good way of converting power fists?

Well, I discovered a pretty decent one, take some thin copper wire, cut it, bend it a little, sand the hand down on the sergeant, and then attach the copper. Managed to fit 4 fingers and a thumb :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts