Heavy Support
Heavy Destroyers - 2 - 130

Fast Attack
Destroyers - 3 - 150
Destroyers - 3 - 150
Destroyers - 3 - 150

Total - 1750
Phase Out - 15

I'm almost set on this list but have a notion I'll do better with a smart twin tower list. Tell me what ya think! - Remember not to post the cost of upgrades. Thanks - Katie D

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Not bad, i like the two lords. Veil of darkness will save you more then you can imagine.
I think you need one 'Lith to be really competitive. It is a good list, but you need the movement and re-rolling wbbs for your troops.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do not list individual point costs in your squads. This is against forum policy and a copy right infringement. Katie Drake has already warned you once. Thank you, ~Rabbit

~1750 Point Necron Army List~
H.Q.
Necron Lord - __
Orb of resurrection - __
Veil of Darkness - __
Necron Lord - __
Destroyer body - __
Orb of Resurrection - __
Troops
Necron Warriors - 10 - 180
Necron Warriors - 15 - 270
Necron Warriors - 15 - 270
Heavy Support
Heavy Destroyers - 2 - 130
Monolith - 235
Fast Attack
Destroyers - 3 - 150
Destroyers - 3 - 150
Total - 1750
Phase Out - 12

What about now?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why'd you use 15 warriors in a squad? Wouldn't 12, 14, 14 work better, since that way it'd be "harder" (a bit) to get all three squads below half strenght and to fall back.

Also heavy destroyers are almost never worth their points in my experience. Destroyers can destroy vehicles just about as well with less points and more shots and they're alot more trustworthy.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
There is a lot more 'Zilla lists around, and Heavy Destroyers are one of the few tools in the Necron box that have the AP for Big bugs, otherwize I agree with the assesment on Heavy Destroyers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote removed due to copy right infringement. ~Rabbit
As a former necron player the monilith was essential for me. It always drew fire and held up long enough while my destroyers did their work. I like this list you set up, but i would trade the heavy destroyers in for more destroyers (either 2 destroyers and a warrior or drop a warrior or two for three destroyers, personally liking the 2 destroyers and warrior better), then having 2 squads of 4, with your lord destroyer running around with them.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Make sure you post your Necron army lists in the Army List sub-forum located at the top of the Necron Forum page.

Thanks,

~Rabbit

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
With no Wraiths or Scarabs, the DLord looks a little out of place in that list. Fair enough he could run with the Destroyers, but its expensive to just be giving the ResOrb coverage. The Dlord is built for combat.

As for the Heavies, i do prefer normal Destroyers, but 2 can make a nice addition to a list, just incase. Split them in half though, run 2 units of 1.

Not sure about the larger Warrior units. I think either having 4 units of 10, or dropping some for Immortals or Scarabs (or both) would be a good idea.

·
kut maar krachtig
1,323 Posts
well concidering your love for the destoyers i would advice the following list

lord, Orb VoD
lord, Des.body, Orb

10 x warriors
10 x warriors

3 x destroyers
3 x destroyers
3 x destroyers

10 x immortals

1 x monolith
1 x tombspider

1750 pts. on the Dot

nice defence on your warriors via tombspider and the lord's can zoom around with immo's and destroyers and u can use the monolith for nice overpower moves :) just leave your spider with 1 squad of warriors and portal the other squad away then your WBB role's are protected. then just try to keep moving around as much ass possible while your lord's unit's take out enemies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.