Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an Ulthwe army planned and I could use some help refining my list. I had never used Guardians before so I kinda was going blindly into this list so any help will be greatly appreciated:act-up:

Alright so here goes:

HQ:
Seer Council: 356
Farseer w/ Doom, Fortune, runes of witnessing, Runes of Warding, spirit stones, Singing Spear: 158pts
6 Warlocks, Enhance, Singing Spear, 2 Emboldens, 2 Destructors: 198 pts

Troops:
10 Guardian Defenders, Warlock, Embolden, Scatter laser: 125 pts
10 Guardian Defenders, Warlock, Embolden, Scatter laser: 125 pts
10 Storm Guardians w/ Warlock, Singing Spear, Destructor, 2 flamers: 127pts
10 “Black Guardian” Dire Avengers, Power wep, Shimmershield, Defend, Bladestorm: 177pts
5 Pathfinders: 120pts

Elites:
8 Striking Scorpions, exarch w/ scorpion’s claw, stalker: 160pts

Transport:
Wave Serpent w/ SL, Spirit Stones: 125 pts
Wave Serpent w/ SL, Spirit Stones: 125 pts

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord w/ EML, BL: 155pts
Wraithlord w/ EML, BL: 155pts

Total: 1750

When my list was at 1612 pts it was minus the pathfinders, 1 warlock singing spear from the council, and the DA bladestorm. I filled in those 138 points as best as I could but I don't feel I used them effectively enough so if you feel I didn't use them correctly please make suggestions. The plan for this force is to use the defenders to sit on and guard objectives while providing support with their scatterlasers. The Dire Avengers will be used to pin down opposing CC squads after they shoot to allow for the scorpions an opportunity to cut their way in. I hope that the EML and BL wraithlords along with the seer council will be enough to take care of the 2 or 3 MC's in my opponents army while still posing a threat in CC with the Storm Guardians to support them.

My opponent will be taking a swarm/ambush based Nid army based around his "subterranean" theme. Lictors, Ravenors, and lots of hormagaunts will be the foundation of his army, which makes me nervous for my pathfinders...but anyway, tell me what you think and thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Personally, I'd drop the Pathfinders (Tyranids are immune to pinning remember) and the Bright Lances from the Wraithlords. Instead of these I would take a second Dire Avenger Squad with the same makeup as the first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.