Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hej,

My plan is to have a competitve army that is still fun to play against and that is balanced against basically every army.
So speed, mech, MEQ, enough anti tank (light and heavy) and against hordes.

Theme of the whole army is basically that its a Grey Knight Army with their Exorcist brethren.
But so it´s legit i allied DH to a parent SM list.

It's my first try with SMs and I basically don't know how to equip them best, so I'd really appreciate any help.

== HQ ==
1 SM Liberian 100
Null Zone / Smite
(Eventually i will equip him with a Termie Armour, Stormshield and a Stormbolter for GK look,
Depending on how he´s equipped he´ll be attached)

1 Inquisitor Lord 63
(Same as the Liberian, eventually i will equip him with a Termie Armour, Stormshield and a Stormbolter for GK look)
3 Mystics
1 GK Land Raider (Transport) 250

== Elite ==
1 GKBCs 310
Icon of the just / Psychic Hood / Melta Bombs
4 GKTs
1 TH/SS / 1 Incinerator

1 Terminator Assault Squad 200
4 TH/SS // 1 Pair Lightning Claw

== Troops ==

4 Grey Knight & 1 Justicar 175
1 Psycannon

1 Tactical Squad 130
1 Melta Bombs
1 Rhino

1 Tactical Squad 130
1 Melta Bombs
1 Rhino
(How would you equip them? Or would you rather use scouts?)

== Heavy Support ==

1 SM Predator 85
1 Heavy Bolter Sponson

1 SM Predator 85
1 Heavy Bolter Sponson

1 SM Land Raider 250

Edit:
This is the newest list: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/space-marine-army-lists/189634-1750-pt-dh-sm.html#post1664226
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/space-marine-army-lists/189634-1750-pt-dh-sm.html#post1664226

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Yeah I like it, but I think you could do with more Troops. 15 Scoring models really isn't enough in 1750.

What about dropping the Brother Captain and giving the Psychic Hood to the Inq. Lord to free up some points? I think 5 Sniper Scouts to camp a home objective would go a long way, too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole list at the moment is slightly over so I will need to reduce quite a bit. But I'll solve that later on.

I can't drop the Brother Captain, the squad req. are 1 GK-BC and 2-9 GKTs.
The Inquisitor in the LR is meant to blow up all the DeepStriking things that come near my Deployment.
That's why he has such a minimal equip.

Is the Liberian really best with those 2 options?

Would you equip the Scouts with something else then Sniper? Camo? Or one with Heavy Bolter?

And on another note, Drop Pods or Rhinos for that list?

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
If you're just using the Inquisitor as a deep strike defense, downgrade him to an Elites Inquisitor instead. With two Mystics, he'll be just 32 points.
Move the BC and GKTs into the spare HQ slot.

I don't use Smite much. Avenger and Null Zone is usually my staple.

With Scouts it's usually best to keep them cheap. I usually use 4 x Snipers, ML.

You might also want to consider some Inquisitorial Storm Troopers with Meltaguns to help you a little against AV14. Rhinos over Drop Pods, definitely.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okej I did your changes and updated so its really only 1750pts..
One Predator had to go, the other one got updated (guess thats better that one more GKT).

The Inq is a regular one with two Mystics, and now in a Heavy Support SM LR instead of the GK one (that only the lords gets as Transport).

If i gonna use Smite or Avenger depends a bit, gonna playtest that a little when I get all the models.

1 SM Liberian 100
Null, Zone Smite or Avenger

1 GKBCs 269
1 Icon of the just
1 Psychic Hood
3 GKTs
1 Psycannon

1 Inquisitor 32
2 Mystic

1 Terminator Assault Squad 200
4 TH/SS
1 Pair Lightning Claws

4 Grey Knight 160
1 Justicar
1 Incinerator

2 Tactical Squad 260
2 Rhino
2 Melta Bombs (Sergents)

1 Scout Squad 100
1 ML
4 Sniper

1 SM Predator 130
1 TLLC
1 Heavy Bolter

1 Land Raider
1 LandRaider Crusader

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
The Inq is a regular one with two Mystics, and now in a Heavy Support SM LR instead of the GK one (that only the lords gets as Transport).
Are you sure? I thought even Elite Inquisitors could have them. But never mind, the SM LR is better anyway due to the updated PoTMS rules anyway. Good call.

Don't forget that your Librarian can pick whatever powers you want before the game, so always pick the ones that would be most effective against your opponent.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure? I thought even Elite Inquisitors could have them. But never mind, the SM LR is better anyway due to the updated PoTMS rules anyway. Good call.

Don't forget that your Librarian can pick whatever powers you want before the game, so always pick the ones that would be most effective against your opponent.

Yeah I just double checked it.. but as you wrote, the SM with the PoTMs is nicer.
And with that point level I couln't afford more anyways :p!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been thinking about the list a while and think this one will be more fun and actually more competitive, or what do you think?

HQ

1 Pedro Kantor (Joins the Attacking-Gks)
1 Liberian (Joins the Attacking-Gks)
Null Zone
Avenger

Elite

1 GKT-BC
Psychic Hood

1 Inquisitor (Will use Land Raider)
2 Mystic

1 Sternguard Veteran Squad (Will use Rhino I)
2 Multi Melta
1 PowerFist (Sgt.)
1 Rhino I

Troops

4 Grey Knight (Hold home objective)
1 Justicar
1 Psycannon

4 Grey Knight (Will use Rhino II)
1 Justicar
1 Incinerator

1 Scout Squad (Hold home objective)
5 Sniper Rifle

1 Tactical Squad (Split in combat squad @home objective with Lascann // attack with sgt and flamer)
5 Extra Space Marine
1 Lascannon
1 Flamer
1 Melta Gun (Sgt.)
1 PowerFist (Sgt.)
1 Rhino II

Heavy Support

1 Land Raider Crusader
1 Multi Melta

1 Land Raider

Total: 1748pts

Reason for the change was this post and thought around that:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/daemonhunters/191666-dh-sm-allies.html

·
Registered
658 Posts
Kantors not really doing anything for your list.
Your tactical squad can't have a flamer and a meltagun (the serg can't take a meltagun, only a combi-melta, or thats what i thought.

Right, I would drop Kantor, and turn the sternguard squad into a tactical squad (with a rhino). Then use the spare points to get:
Fast attack (attack bikes/landspeeders) or a chaplain perhaps, for the Grey Knight squad or whatever you want.

Tactics, tactical marines/greu kngihts go in landraiders, the other troops go in the other transpots. If the tactial marines go in landraiders, sit them on an objective and laugh (or if you're being sneaky 12" away from objective then on turn 5 zoom up). If a grey knight squad goes in landraider full steam ahead with your handy 20" charge range.
Don't put your inquisitor in a landraider, thats 250pts to help against some armies, and most all DS armies have rules to get in first turn or so, and so he is only needed for the first turn or so.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okey no flamer for the tac squad but the meltagun can be taken from a regular Joe there. Still no point difference.

Kantor is there to make Sterguard Scoring, so I have 5 (or 6 Scoring with Combat Squad units) and to give the GKs and the attached Librarian +1 Attack, I think that's quite nasty thanks to the +2 Strength (S6) of the NFWs.
So that's 2 S4 and 13 S6 attacks from the GKs.
Maybe they should ride in the LRC but on the other hand, if I have them in the regular Rhino, maybe people will fire at the LRC/LR instead or I use them to screen.

The Inq can get out of the LR anytime, it's just a precaution against deepstrikers, if not used it's 32 points waisted, but that's okej i think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.