Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here's my 1750pt list...I'll mainly be playing with friends, but maybe some tournaments now and then. Anywho, all comments/suggestions are welcome, the basis of my army originally was to be maily comprised of foot soldiers, but the addition of Dreads and tanks got the better of me ;) Basically what will happen is my Troop squads will shoot straight up the gut, with my Assualt Squad and Chaplain flank with my Dev. Squad flanking the other side, and my two Dreads drop podding into the midst of battle to deal with annoying squads of enemy troops, while my Whirlwind throws missiles overhead and my Predator taking care of enemy armour along with the Dev. Squad.The scouts would probably either infiltrate or just move up quickly to provide cover fire and pinning against certain squads. Any comments/suggestions welcome!

HQ-
Chaplain
MoS
Termie Honours
Plasma Pistol
Jump Pack
Meltabombs
155pts

ELITE-
Dreadnought (AC/CCW)
Extra Armour
Drop Pod
135pts

Dreadnought (AC/CCW)
Extra Armour
Drop Pod
135pts

TROOPS-
Tac Squad 1-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

Tac Squad 2-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

Tac Squad 3-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

Scout Squad 1-
1 Sergeant
6 Sniper Rifles
1 Hvy Bolter
139pts

FAST ATTACK-
Assualt Squad-
1 Vet. Sergeant (PF/CS)
7 Marines (BP/CCW)
2 Marines (PP/CCW)
Meltabombs
285pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dev Squad 1-
4 Bolters
4 MLs
200pts

Predator Annihilator
TLLC
LC Sponsons
170pts

Whirlwind
Castellan Missiles
85pts

Total- 1619pts

131 pts left over to use probably on more troops or something....any suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, here's my 1750pt list...I know it goes 4pts over but I'll mainly be playing with friends who won't make me drop the points :wacko: Anywho, all comments/suggestions are welcome, the basis of my army originally was to be maily comprised of foot soldiers, but the addition of Dreads and tanks got the better of me ;) Basically what will happen is my Troop squads will shoot straight up the gut, with my Assualt Squad and Chaplain flank with my Dev. Squad flanking the other side, and my two Dreads drop podding into the midst of battle to deal with annoying squads of enemy troops, while my Whirlwind throws missiles overhead and my Predators taking care of enemy armour along with the Dev. Squad.The scouts would probably either infiltrate or just move up quickly to provide cover fire and pinning against certain squads. Any comments/suggestions welcome!

HQ-
Chaplain
MoS
Termie Honours
Plasma Pistol
Jump Pack
Meltabombs
155pts

looks fine

ELITE-
Dreadnought (AC/CCW)
Extra Armour
Drop Pod
135pts

Dreadnought (AC/CCW)
Extra Armour
Drop Pod
135pts

give these two smoke launchers or they be shot on the turn they arrive (you can't move on the turn you disembark)

TROOPS-
Tac Squad 1-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

Tac Squad 2-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

Tac Squad 3-
5 Bolters
1 Lascannon
105pts

You really don't need 6 marines in these sqauds. try 2 five man sqauds with lascannons, and one 6 man sqaud with plasma cannon and plasma gun.

Scout Squad 1-
1 Sergeant
6 Sniper Rifles
1 Hvy Bolter
134pts

I think this sqaud costs 139...8 marines(104) +6 sniper rifles(30) +heavy bolter(5)=139
Yep. lose the melta bombs on the chaplain to take care of this (the whole assault sqauds got them, one less is'nt going to make much of a difference) or maybe your friends won't care if your 9 pts over.

FAST ATTACK-
Assualt Squad-
1 Vet. Sergeant (PF/CS)
7 Marines (BP/CCW)
2 Marines (PP/CCW)
Meltabombs
285pts

why does the sgt have a combat shield? he can't be singled out in combat anyway so he won't need it. stick to PF/BP.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dev Squad 1-
4 Bolters
4 MLs
200pts

Always good

Predator Annihilator
TLLC
LC Sponsons
170pts

to use all of the lascannons, the predator has to stay still. to have a decent target, your enemy has to be stupid enough to leave a nice juicy target it LOS. Heavy bolters are defensive weapons, so can be fired along with the lascannon even after moving. equip this one the same as your other one.

Predator Annihilator
TLLC
HB Sponsons
140pts

Whirlwind
Castellan Missiles
85pts

Total- 1754pts

with the suggestions i've made, your army now costs 1710. use the extra 40pts to split your scouts into 2x5 scout sqauds with 4 snipers and 1 heavy bolter.

IMO you have to much anti-armour and not enough anti-infantry. Drop a predator and grab a couple of LST's. (yes, i know, 20pts more than a predator for 2, but i'm sure you can find the points somewhere)

Not a bad list, especially fight necrons, space marines, or any army with good armour saves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts