Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't expect to get very many replies on this list, but I decided to go ahead and make a SoB list for the fun of it. I'd say it looks cookie-cutter at first glance, and probably is. However, this seems perhaps one of the most (if not the most) competitive ways to outfit a Witch Hunters army in 5th Ed.

HQ- 239:
Canoness: Book of St. Lucius, Blessed Weapon, frag grenades
Celestian Squad Retinue: 2 meltaguns, Immolator w/ extra armour, smoke launchers

Troops- 876
Battle Sisters Squad: meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke launchers
-Veteran Superior w/ Book of St. Lucius, bolter-flamer

Battle Sisters Squad: meltagun, heavy flamer, Rhino w/ extra armour, smoke launchers

Fast Attack- 230
Seraphim Squad: 2 twin hand flamers
Veteran Superior w/ Book of St. Lucius, Eviscerator

Heavy Support- 405:
Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

Total: 1750

If needed, I could drop an Exorcist and perhaps take more gear for my Canoness and Veteran Sisters.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
There is the eternal debate on whether or not this really is the best way to construct a 5e WH list. Personally, I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. I like a heavily mech'd force that utilizes tons of SMU (small maneuverable units).

The only thing that I could offer to you is that you really shouldn't outfit your VSS to much. If you are getting charged you aren't doing something correctly. You should do most everything you can to avoid being stuck in combat. Because every turn that you spend in CC you are spending one less not shooting.

To best help your girls during their shooting (which really is the only thing they are good at) you should give basic VSS. I recommend a book and a bolter. Let the rest of the squad have the special weapons. The two extra shots may not make or break the unit, but they are going to get their points back in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.