Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a tournament coming up in a few weeks and i have been going through many lists and armies and have decided to run my chaos space marines. Iwould like your advice on what units in the list i should keep/change and what to replace them with.

HQ
Abaddon The Despoiler - 275pts

Daemon Prince: Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of submission - 155pts

Elites
3 Chaos Terminators: Icon of Slaanesh, 2 pairs of lightning claws, Heavy flamer, chainfist
Chaos Land Raider w/ Daemonic Possession transport - 385pts

Troops
5 Chaos Space Marines: Plasmaugn, Rhino w/ extra armour - 140pts

Heavy Support
2 Obliterators - 150pts

2 Obliterators - 150pts

1 Obliterator - 75pts

Total = 1750pts

Any help/advice given is really appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Emm

Daemonic possession? Why it's not like My rhinos have guns so what's the point in wasting points to let me move and shoot instead of just move?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U sure?

It makes sure that your Marines inside can still shoot too. If your Vehicle can't shoot neither can the embarked troops. Melta is also nice to have with how much Mech is floating around.
It says in the codex that transported passengers are affected normally. So they can't can't shoot.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ok, I remember reading that now that you bring it up... It's never been an issue for me as I don't run DP on my rhinos either as I like the keep them cheap. So your list is fine like it is then or if you wanted some extra firepower you could exchange the extra armor for Combi-Weapons, but then you would have 20 extra points I don't know what to do with.

·
860 Posts
I have to be honest and say that I really wouldn't take Abaddon. He's just too expensive in a 1750pt game, and I don't think he'll make his points back. If you want a Terminator, try a straight Lord with DW (no Mark), or a Nurgle Lord with DW, also add another Terminator to the unit, that way the enemy has to kill 3 to get the unit below half strength.

As for the Rhinos, I wouldn't bother with DP or EA.

The Raider's fine as are the Obliterators.

·
Registered
308 Posts
• Drop all of the extra armour.
• Swap 2 Plasmaguns for Meltaguns.
• Add another Terminator with lightning claws.
• Add 3 combi meltas to the Rhinos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts