Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some other Mechanized lists, I decided I might try a Mech Grenadier list instead of my Grey Knights in an upcoming Tourney.

HQ: (80pts) JO+ 4 Plasma Guns - Drop Troops

Sentinal Squad (110pts) : 2 x Lascannon Sentinals

Troops: (708pts) 3 x Grenadier Squads. Vet Sgt + PW, 9 Troops, 2 Plasma Guns.
Chimera, EA, Smk, and Stubber.

Fast Attack: Sentinal Squad (110pts) : 2 x Lascannon Sentinals

2 x Hellhounds (246pts), EA and smoke

Heavy Support: (145pts) Basilisk w/Indirect Fire and Improved Comms

Demolishers x 2: (346pts) Hull HB, Sponson HBs, EA and Smoke

Any recommendations?

The Sentinals are my AT, Demolishers soak up fire and go to targets with the Hellhounds and are my anti-troop. Bassie fires away at the enemy in the distance and helps me in escalation games. The HQ and Grenadiers are 'reserves' and help me capture objective etc while the three 36" 3shot weapons fire away at enemy troops.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you planning to hold the sentinels behind your demolishers or just send them out ahead to snipe using the scout rule?
No, definatly set them up at the back shooting behind the rest of the armour. Hate it when bolters kill my only anti-tank! LOL

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looks good. 25 men in a one thousand point game? That is far too low. Mabye you could fit in some veterans? Give them carapace armour to fit in with you stormtrooper idea. Maybe a plasma pistol for your grenadier vet. sgt. would be good? I have the same layout as you in my stormy squad, but with the plasma pistol. 4 flamers with your hq squad? drop the Honorfica if it is a suicide squad.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
I'm going to agree

I you put this against my 1000 point army I would literally have one special or heavy weapon for every trooper you put on the table. You need to think about this.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I you put this against my 1000 point army I would literally have one special or heavy weapon for every trooper you put on the table. You need to think about this.
I agree with you guys on a normal list, the idea with this one is to overwhelm the AT ability of the enemy, and have tanks left over. It is an AC list with taking an AC list.

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's true that you're not running a lot of models on the table, but I think you could have success with this list. The problem is, I think that this list could get demolished just as easily.

I'm not saying that the list is garbage, and in fact, I applaud you for your guts in taking this to a tournament. What I am saying is that you have a very thin cushion to fall back on with the small amount of units, and if things go badly early, you're gonna have real trouble getting back into it.

In any case, good luck at your tourney! I'd like to see some wins out of these guys.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Go for it DH, but I would personally try to get another Squad of Grenadiers into the list. I know your standard build on a grenadier squad is near 236 points. I would probably sacrifice the basilisk and maybe drop the Demolishers down to standard Leman Russ Main Battle tanks. That's around 190 points. Maybe drop one Sentinel to get to 245 points saved. Pick up Iron Discipline for your officer.

As it is I think your list will do fairly well. Let us know how it fares in the tournament.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I edited the list:

HQ now becomes a Deestriking suicide 4 plasma squad.

Troops have added one whole Grenadier squad

I have taken one Sentinal from each of the Fast Attack and HQ squads.

Better?

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to keep you updated. The only thing I changed was to take Ibram Guant instead of deep striking HQ (mistake - he never did anything).

Big Tourney, 28 players good mixture of all races, except Dark Eldar

Overall I won this tournement in a tie with a Godzilla player that happens to be my oldest son! :drinking:

Game 1: vs Chaos. Mission three building you assign points to outside of your deployment zone. Lord with Terminators, a few walking squads of troops, Defiler, Obliterar, Deamons, Deamon Prince and one mounted squad of troops.

Bad list to take me on. Not very much anti-tank and not many transports to move the troops. All he had on the board at the end was 1/2point Deamon Prince. Massacre for me.

Game 2: vs Orks. Mission was Kill the HQ. 3 x Large 30 man troops, Ghasaskull, a couple of mounted Truck Boy squads, Commandos and Starboys. Not much anti-tank but a lot of power claws and missles in the squads.

He infiltrated the Commandos and was able to kill my HQ for a bonus 300pts, but I killed almost all of his troops. Hellhounds were the real stars with the Demolishers that never shot the Demolisher Cannon!:0 I shot the triple heavy bolter combo every time. Game ended in a draw as I killed more points but wounded Ghazaskull three time, but needed the forth to get the victory points.

Game 3: vs Orks again! Mission was to get game 6 counters worth 300pts each. Similar to the first list, except he had a lot more shooty units. Autocannon squad of doom! D3 shots for 10 autocannons, a couple of Buggies with Missle Lanchas, a new uber weird but strong ork gun and lots of Power Claws again, Stormboys, three Killa Kans and Ordnance shooting tank.

Close and tactical game that made me move my troops away and hiding from his Autocannon squad that killed both my Hellhounds by turn three. He couldn't do much to Demolishers that lived until the end and he only killed one Chimera. We tie on objectives and I kill more of him than he of me. Solid victory for me.

What did I learn? Hellhounds are wonderfull tanks, even against marines. Ork shooting can be nasty and mobility at the end to grab objectives can be crucial. I was lucky overall with some good draws. I think to be even more effective, squads of Veterans with Lascannons are better than Sentinals, but the Sentinals did well as they were left alone while they shot at my other tanks. Stubbers are a usefull addition to Chimeras and Hellhounds.

Reactions: SimulatedSnowman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.